Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2014 CAA Pick 'Em Challenge
Bookmark and Share
Lyric Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU
2014 CAA Pick 'Em Challenge
Greetings Tribe fans! JMU fan here, mostly due to the fact that I grew up going to JMU games ever since I was 6, but I'm actually a W&M alum, so I also pull for my alma mater, of course.

I wanted to invite you all to participate in a regular season challenge I've created, which I call the 2014 CAA Pick 'Em Challenge. Some of you may be more familiar with the FCS playoff challenges that I've hosted the past 2 years (and on AnyGivenSaturday, last year). The 2014 CAA Pick 'Em Challenge is in its 2nd year now after its successful 2013 inauguration.

The challenge can be found at http://caachallenge.site40.net (like in previous years, the shady-looking domain is the "price" I have to pay for hosting the challenge on a free web server. This one, if you're curious: http://www.000webhost.com/. I've hosted the Playoff and Pick 'Em challenges through their service for the past 3 years now, and generally it's worked out very well. If you want to see evidence that other people have participated without any serious issues, see its original posting at http://csnbbs.com/thread-646241.html). Also, because I'm hosting the challenge for free, the website may occasionally go down for an hour here or there, but in my experience, the outages are infrequent and don't last very long. In other words, because I do not manage my own web server at this time, there's nothing I can do in situations like that. Just try to check back an hour later or so, and things will more than likely be back up and running.

Unlike last year, this year's challenge will only run through the end of the regular season.

All are welcome to play, and the more of you who play, the more fun it is for everyone! Please feel free to invite any of your family or friends who may be interested, too. All you need to do is create an account (only takes 5 seconds - just create a username, password, and tell me who your favorite team is so I can know if we have any of our other CAA friends participating). If you participated last year, all you need to do is log into your old account (or create a new one, if you prefer). I collect no other information through your account whatsoever (aside from your predictions, of course). The only reason you need an account at all is so that others can't tamper with your picks.

The first CAA game is **Thursday** (tomorrow)!! Get your picks (or at least that pick) in by Thursday game time. All games may be predicted right up until game time. In other words, after Thursday's game has started, you'll still be able to enter predictions for Friday and Saturday's games.

Thanks in advance to all of you who participate!
08-27-2014 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.