Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NMSU To Search For New AD
Bookmark and Share
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
NMSU To Search For New AD
Quote:The employment agreement for New Mexico State University Athletics Director McKinley Boston has been extended until Dec. 31, when he will step down from his post. Meanwhile, Boston will continue to work with NMSU President Garrey Carruthers on a number of issues facing the Athletics Department, including conference realignment, athletic finances and the day-to-day operation of the department.

Quote:NMSU will begin a national search for its next athletics director. Carruthers will soon name a search committee with representation from NMSU’s faculty and staff as well as community members. He said the next athletics director will be heavily engaged in the promotion and fundraising for NMSU athletics.

Article Link
08-20-2014 05:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: NMSU To Search For New AD
Welcome to the club.
08-20-2014 06:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(08-20-2014 06:29 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Welcome to the club.

Many Aggie Fans have wanted this for sometime. He did get the athletes Academics under control. However he doesn't have a great connection with the fans, student body or the community. Messed with the seating arrangement for basketball and football, also the prices. I just hope we get someone with some energy.
08-20-2014 08:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Who was the guy y'all had that talked about maybe moving football to FCS or dropping it a year or so ago?

Was that this AD or the President?

I hope it wasnt the President, I'd be afraid that he was looking for a like minded AD.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 08:40 PM by The4thOption.)
08-20-2014 08:39 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(08-20-2014 08:29 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Many Aggie Fans have wanted this for sometime. He did get the athletes Academics under control. However he doesn't have a great connection with the fans, student body or the community. Messed with the seating arrangement for basketball and football, also the prices. I just hope we get someone with some energy.

I remember a few months ago you or some other NMSU talking about him. Truthfully surprised it took this long. Who is going to be the interim AD? This has to be a good move.

Believe their president by the way was talking about NMSU going FCS before he got the job, but believe he changed his mind or close to it when he realized it would cost them more money to do that with lack of FCS programs to play and less donations maybe. Doubt many really took him that seriously.
08-20-2014 08:54 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(08-20-2014 08:54 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  

I remember a few months ago you or some other NMSU talking about him. Truthfully surprised it took this long. Who is going to be the interim AD? This has to be a good move.

Believe their president by the way was talking about NMSU going FCS before he got the job, but believe he changed his mind or close to it when he realized it would cost them more money to do that with lack of FCS programs to play and less donations maybe. Doubt many really took him that seriously.
Boston is the AD till Dec 31st. Our president will be appointing a search committee and then a national search will begin. I only see an interim AD being appointed in January if it is necessary. Last year Boston was told to go out and fund raise, I have a feeling he did not succeed.

Our President did talk about going FCS when he was a candidate. But after becoming President and talking to our Football coach he now supports being FBS. A
08-20-2014 09:18 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
(08-20-2014 09:18 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(08-20-2014 08:54 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  

Boston is the AD till Dec 31st. Our president will be appointing a search committee and then a national search will begin. I only see an interim AD being appointed in January if it is necessary. Last year Boston was told to go out and fund raise, I have a feeling he did not succeed.

Our President did talk about going FCS when he was a candidate. But after becoming President and talking to our Football coach he now supports being FBS. A

Also, our State Legislature made it be known they would not support NMSU dropping to the FCS level. Although, it was an abstract idea while Carruthers was interviewing for the Prez job, he changed his tune after taking office. And, has really focused on applying his business knowledge and his inner workings of government to help NMSU's athletics operate more efficiently; removing Boston to hire a a more aggressive/charismatic AD is working toward that goal.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 09:59 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
08-20-2014 09:58 PM
Advertisement

bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
I'll do it.
08-20-2014 10:08 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Quote:Boston “(They) just wanted to go in a new direction and they’re looking for someone to be more involved in fundraising"

Fundraising is 50% of the job. After the president who hired him left Boston just went under the radar and did the same with the next president, until he got caught by this president not doing a good job. As Boston put it in this article, he was living on borrowed time.
08-20-2014 11:05 PM
NuMexAg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
Boston did a lot of good things. But in this day an athletic director HAS to be able to raise money. Boston was not that good at fund raising.
08-21-2014 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.