Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Campus planning
Bookmark and Share
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Campus planning
I'm a huge nerd for expansion projects for anything so of course I read the master plan for appstate; from what I read they plan to turn the two stop lights on the road through campus; river st into traffic circles, as well they plan to build a parking deck behind a local music venue called legends and one behind the basketball arena (behind being towards the town and not the school). The general plan seems to be to make app a walk over drive campus, if anyone knows their schools expansion plans id love to hear!
07-31-2014 02:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
RE: Campus planning
07-31-2014 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

07-31-2014 02:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
The biggest plan right now is creating the GSU Greenway. A winding greenspace through campus in downtown that connects both ends of campus. They are knocking down the 80 year old Kell Hall(trust me, not a pretty building) to make it happen.

Cracking the Concrete

And here is our ever changing campus master plan

GSU Campus Master Plan
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 02:27 PM by StanMolsonMan.)
07-31-2014 02:26 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Campus planning
(07-31-2014 02:22 PM)Cajuncat Wrote:  Texas State Project Status Report - May 2014

I like your reports they are very clear, apps are a little vague and require a lot of thought to fully understand what they are saying
07-31-2014 02:29 PM
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

(07-31-2014 02:29 PM)Check Yosef Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 02:22 PM)Cajuncat Wrote:  Texas State Project Status Report - May 2014

I like your reports they are very clear, apps are a little vague and require a lot of thought to fully understand what they are saying

Yeah for public information, that's about as detailed as you are going to get from them. Typical consultant talk, gotta keep some things vague haha
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 02:53 PM by Cajuncat.)
07-31-2014 02:44 PM
Advertisement

Ole Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
I do believe I have heard they we will be announcing a new campus master plan in the next year or so.

On the athletics side, a new basketball arena would be the jewel of future expansion. We are all hoping we can work out the details and involve some of the local counties as well as incorporate some sort of hotel and restaurant with the arena to open up some different funds for its use.

We just got done building a new $41M biology building, and soon to be opening the multi-million dollar shooting range on campus (yes, with those scary guns) as well as a new multi-million dollar ROTC building. I think the total for both projects was rumored to be about $8-$10M.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 02:48 PM by Ole Sleepy.)
07-31-2014 02:47 PM
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

(07-31-2014 02:47 PM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  and soon to be opening the multi-million dollar shooting range on campus (yes, with those scary guns)

You got my attention.....that is AWESOME! I would love for Texas State to do something like that.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 02:51 PM by Cajuncat.)
07-31-2014 02:51 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Georgia Southern recently had a slew of campus upgrades. A brand new biological sciences building, two new dining halls, renovation of all the sweetheart circle buildings was completed, a new campus golf course, and of course the stadium was expanded, as well as many landscaping projects. Plans are underway to construct a new military sciences building on the pedestrium and construct an archery/riflery sports range. In the future, we're expanding the nature walk through campus which is suppose to make the campus more pedestrian-friendly while protecting the natural marsh lands that the campus was built on. Also, there's a rumor that plans for a third dining hall and a new residence hall are being drawn up to be located on Atkins Blvd. near the stadium and RAC.
07-31-2014 02:55 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
A-State making the Agenda 21ers proud - Bicycles! http://www.astate.edu/news/a-state-annou...-on-campus

Trend is removing roads/car traffic from the interior of campus: http://www.astate.edu/dotAsset/2d07f33d-...f4fc8e.pdf
07-31-2014 03:08 PM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(07-31-2014 02:26 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  The biggest plan right now is creating the GSU Greenway. A winding greenspace through campus in downtown that connects both ends of campus. They are knocking down the 80 year old Kell Hall(trust me, not a pretty building) to make it happen.

Cracking the Concrete

And here is our ever changing campus master plan

GSU Campus Master Plan

Is Kell Hall in use? I thought it was abandoned. Well that's good news as it is next to the prettiest building in the city.
07-31-2014 03:32 PM
Advertisement

southern edumacation Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSou
Re: RE: Campus planning
(07-31-2014 02:51 PM)Cajuncat Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 02:47 PM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  and soon to be opening the multi-million dollar shooting range on campus (yes, with those scary guns)

You got my attention.....that is AWESOME! I would love for Texas State to do something like that.

Apparently it's one of 3 in the nation. I want to say we got some federal funds for it but I could be wrong.

Going to be used for gun safety and training classes with target practice and competitions. It'll be opened to the public as well I believe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
07-31-2014 03:35 PM
Ole Sleepy Offline
1st String

(07-31-2014 03:35 PM)southern edumacation Wrote:  

Apparently it's one of 3 in the nation. I want to say we got some federal funds for it but I could be wrong.

Going to be used for gun safety and training classes with target practice and competitions. It'll be opened to the public as well I believe.

How many other schools can say they have a golf course, a rifle/archery range, and a plaza of bars on campus?
07-31-2014 03:38 PM
GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
The only thing I don't like about GS's campus is that they broke up the "inner loop" for driving your car around campus without the need to leave campus since I was in school there. Granted we did not have a full bus system running in my days like they do now for the students.
07-31-2014 03:49 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

(07-31-2014 03:38 PM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  

How many other schools can say they have a golf course, a rifle/archery range, and a plaza of bars on campus?

Not to mention a 12 acre wildlife preserve and raptor exhibit. Technically, the Plaza isn't part of campus but it might as well be! That's where the original Zaxby's was.02-13-banana
07-31-2014 04:01 PM
Ole Sleepy Offline
1st String

(07-31-2014 04:01 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  

Not to mention a 12 acre wildlife preserve and raptor exhibit. Technically, the Plaza isn't part of campus but it might as well be! That's where the original Zaxby's was.02-13-banana

I was under the impression the plaza was bought by the school and leased to the original tenants.
07-31-2014 04:02 PM
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

(07-31-2014 04:02 PM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 04:01 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 02:51 PM)Cajuncat Wrote:  You got my attention.....that is AWESOME! I would love for Texas State to do something like that.

I was under the impression the plaza was bought by the school and leased to the original tenants.

You might be right. I had heard that Georiga Southern was going to buy the plaza and demolish it to expand for housing until Zaxby's started building on it recently, but that was rumor.
07-31-2014 04:11 PM
tx.state Offline
Special Teams

We have golf course and bars covered. Golf course isn't exactly PGA tour ready but I would put our bars against any small city in the nation (and most big cities).

No rifle/archery range...that's pretty awesome...but I think our students get more use out of the river running through our campus...
07-31-2014 04:42 PM
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

(07-31-2014 03:38 PM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  How many other schools can say they have a golf course, a rifle/archery range, and a plaza of bars on campus?
True......but how many other schools can say they have a clear spring fed river running through campus

[Image: sewell_1280x1024.jpg?mode=fit&wi...ogrow=true]
07-31-2014 04:46 PM
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

(07-31-2014 04:42 PM)tx.state Wrote:  

We have golf course and bars covered. Golf course isn't exactly PGA tour ready but I would put our bars against any small city in the nation (and most big cities).

No rifle/archery range...that's pretty awesome...but I think our students get more use out of the river running through our campus...

There is a makeshift gun range at the Kappa Sig House on the Blanco River just 3 minutes from the Football Stadium 04-rock
07-31-2014 04:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.