Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is going on with the CAA Zone?
Bookmark and Share
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
Does anybody have any insight into the status of the CAA Zone? It seems like they have been down for a awful long time to "change servers" and "make repairs".

If the CAA Zone does not start up soon, how can we notify Tribe fans to switch to the CSNBBS.com board service?
07-05-2014 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: What is going on with the CAA Zone?
Some of us got ahead of this early last year knowing it was a matter of time before CAAzone would become unstable. It may be up again but it can't be a money maker with such limited traffic. If it doesn't make money, what use is it to GMU fans/owners?
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 08:37 AM by Tribal.)
07-06-2014 08:28 AM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

I know some people from the zone lurk over here as well, so hopefully if things aren't up and running soon people will show up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-07-2014 09:31 AM
tribelifer Offline
1st String

Those things do take some time, but you are right. If it is not a money maker, it is not long for the internet.
07-07-2014 08:19 PM
TribeNiner Offline
1st String

I Root For: Niners/WM/Hoyas
It was great while it was around, though.

I happen to prefer this setup (the conglomeration of all of the teams) if we don't have a Tribe specific message board, because it's easier for other fans to find us and post something.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 07:46 AM by TribeNiner.)
07-09-2014 07:46 AM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

Out of force of habit I still check the CAA ZONE each day, in hopes that it has restarted. I have noticed, in recent days, that some external stories about the current problems with the C of C basketball coach have been posted to the CAA Zone board. So, somebody must be doing that. On the other hand, I sent an e-mail to the CAA Zone Administrator a few days age and have heard nothing back.
07-09-2014 02:34 PM
Advertisement

hktribefan Offline
1st String

Not positive, but I think the stories bar on the right side is automated and programmed to display stories that meet a certain criteria. Every now and then something will show up there that doesn't really make sense, but has the "right" key words or phrases in it.
07-09-2014 03:35 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

If the zone is going to be down awhile, maybe the admin here will see it as a chance to convince people to come over and will create that skin he's dangled a few times.
07-10-2014 08:53 AM
TribeNiner Offline
1st String

As of this afternoon, the announcement still says they are changing servers and making upgrades:

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that the boards will move to a read-only status by Saturday, shortly followed by some site downtime as we move to a new server and perform some upgrades.

Please check back to see our progress. We think you'll like the changes!

Thanks,
The Management
07-10-2014 12:24 PM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

TRIBE NINER - that message, which you just posted, was posted by the CAA Zone Administrator on June 13. Nothing has changed since June 13.

I have to think that, if the CAA Zone was truly going to start back up again, the CAA Zone Administrator would be somehow posting "updates" on the Zone - that is, if they wanted to retain any of their users.
07-10-2014 12:47 PM
TribeNiner Offline
1st String

(07-10-2014 12:47 PM)62Indian Wrote:  TRIBE NINER - that message, which you just posted, was posted by the CAA Zone Administrator on June 13. Nothing has changed since June 13.

I have to think that, if the CAA Zone was truly going to start back up again, the CAA Zone Administrator would be somehow posting "updates" on the Zone - that is, if they wanted to retain any of their users.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at ("still says they are..."). I feel like we'd have had some sort of update since then, if things were progressing at all.
07-10-2014 01:06 PM
Advertisement

62Indian Offline
Special Teams

Many of the Tribe posters on the CAA Zone used, or had access to, Twitter/Tweeter/Whatever.

Possibly that would be a good way to get the word out that many Tribe supporters are now switching to CSNbbs.com . Actually, I'm beginning to like the functions and format of this Board more than I liked the Zone.
07-12-2014 09:42 AM
wml33t Offline
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
I was the biggest detractor of moving over here. However, at best the caazone folks do not care about that place anymore. At worst, it's never coming back. A month to migrate is beyond ridiculous.

I'm here somewhat reluctantly, but I'm here.
07-12-2014 09:42 AM
TribeNiner Offline
1st String

(07-12-2014 09:42 AM)wml33t Wrote:  I was the biggest detractor of moving over here. However, at best the caazone folks do not care about that place anymore. At worst, it's never coming back. A month to migrate is beyond ridiculous.

Why didn't you want to come over here?
07-12-2014 10:15 AM
Tribal Offline

Re: RE: What is going on with the CAA Zone?
(07-12-2014 09:42 AM)wml33t Wrote:  I was the biggest detractor of moving over here. However, at best the caazone folks do not care about that place anymore. At worst, it's never coming back. A month to migrate is beyond ridiculous.

Glad this site admin loosened his registration requirement for CAA posters.

Really glad you took the decision to come over, 33. I mean that.
07-12-2014 11:31 AM
wml33t Offline
1st String

Tribal alluded to it. I took issue with the fact that the owner of this board has/had a policy that accounts tied to "anonymous" email sites like gmail, yahoo, etc would not be allowed.

I also remember seeing somewhere, I haven't seen it recently, where the owner of the forum flat out said that the purpose of this site was to make him money.

Anyway - I signed up with a gmail address and got approved. I don't know if it's a change in policy or some exception to latch on to people fleeing the CAAZone, but I'll call it water under the bridge and move forward with this board.

Thanks Tribal - I realize you are being sincere. You know I love talking Tribe sports, so I was bound to give in eventually 03-wink.
07-12-2014 11:45 AM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(07-12-2014 11:45 AM)wml33t Wrote:  Tribal alluded to it. I took issue with the fact that the owner of this board has/had a policy that accounts tied to "anonymous" email sites like gmail, yahoo, etc would not be allowed.

I also remember seeing somewhere, I haven't seen it recently, where the owner of the forum flat out said that the purpose of this site was to make him money.

Anyway - I signed up with a gmail address and got approved. I don't know if it's a change in policy or some exception to latch on to people fleeing the CAAZone, but I'll call it water under the bridge and move forward with this board.

Thanks Tribal - I realize you are being sincere. You know I love talking Tribe sports, so I was bound to give in eventually 03-wink.

I removed the anonymous email restriction. It is basically there to help deal with serious trolls ... people who likely have mental stability issues. Instead I have allowed all emails, but I hand vet every registration instead. The next version of the board software will strengthen my ability to do this thoroughly. I'm also considering having verification by text message for people attempting to register from highly suspicious locations with a known history of access from trolls. But given that the next version of the board software makes some fundamental plugin changes, I won't bother with seriously considering that until the upgrade comes down the pipe.
07-13-2014 04:31 PM
superman7515 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Delaware
(07-09-2014 07:46 AM)TribeNiner Wrote:  It was great while it was around, though.

I happen to prefer this setup (the conglomeration of all of the teams) if we don't have a Tribe specific message board, because it's easier for other fans to find us and post something.

Would there be an interest in a Tribe specific message board?
07-14-2014 11:43 AM
wml33t Offline
1st String

I prefer being in a location where fans from opposing teams post as well. Just my $.02.
07-14-2014 05:30 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(07-14-2014 11:43 AM)superman7515 Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 07:46 AM)TribeNiner Wrote:  It was great while it was around, though.

Would there be an interest in a Tribe specific message board?

You're posting on one. 04-cheers
07-14-2014 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.