Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Was in Statesboro this week
Bookmark and Share
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Was in Statesboro this week
Very impressed with all the pro-GaSo spirit around town. Saw several local businesses and a couple of government agencies with the "Join the Journey" schedule cards displayed prominently for people to see.

Also the entry points to the western side of campus (South Main) looked beautiful.

Good work, keep it up.
06-27-2014 09:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: Was in Statesboro this week
(06-27-2014 09:12 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Very impressed with all the pro-GaSo spirit around town. Saw several local businesses and a couple of government agencies with the "Join the Journey" schedule cards displayed prominently for people to see.

Also the entry points to the western side of campus (South Main) looked beautiful.

Good work, keep it up.

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed your stay.
06-27-2014 09:16 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Its going to be tremendous being so close to Savannah if they can make it a destination game for away team fans.
06-27-2014 12:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ole Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(06-27-2014 12:01 PM)panama Wrote:  Its going to be tremendous being so close to Savannah if they can make it a destination game for away team fans.

It appears a lot most, if not all, of our home games are going to be at night....should give visiting fans a chance to peruse Savannah throughout the day, and then catch the night game....or, go to downtown Savannah after the game to party. Win/Win in my book.
06-27-2014 12:47 PM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
not bad for being in the sticks eh? lol
06-27-2014 12:54 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(06-27-2014 12:01 PM)panama Wrote:  Its going to be tremendous being so close to Savannah if they can make it a destination game for away team fans.

I suggest at least checking out Statesboro if you haven't been in a long time, if ever. It's growing by leaps and bounds it seems. I left town in May of 2007 and a lot of it I barely recognize anymore.
06-27-2014 01:24 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
How's that new water park doing?
Isn't it close to campus?
06-27-2014 04:58 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(06-27-2014 04:58 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  How's that new water park doing?

Great! We've recently added a wave rider and a couple of new slides.

[Image: splashwebaerial-1024x443.jpg]
06-27-2014 05:27 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(06-27-2014 05:27 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  

The Club House, next to campus, has also just added go-cart racing. Take the virtual tour and remember to go out the front door to park next door.

http://www.clubhousestatesboro.com/virtual-tour/

And for your golfing pleasure:

http://recreation.georgiasouthern.edu/golf/

I'm telling you guys, it's a super nice, cheap, round of golf. And by the way EVERYTHING in Statesboro is close to campus. Even the outskirts if you get my drift.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2014 05:51 PM by Oldyeller.)
06-27-2014 05:30 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(06-27-2014 05:30 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  

The Club House, next to campus, has also just added go-cart racing.

I'm telling you guys, it's a super nice, cheap, round of golf. And by the way EVERYTHING in Statesboro is close to campus. Even the outskirts if you get my drift.

Man, that looks great. We had an all weather water park announced that would be built next to Tweetsie Railroad about five miles from campus a few months ago. Just this week though the NC Legislature passed a bill which basically let's just about anything to be built outside Boone, so if that stands many fear Boone area will lose some mountain views to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg like attractions. Lot of angry people that want to keep Boone area fairly pristine.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2014 05:53 PM by GoApps70.)
06-27-2014 05:51 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(06-27-2014 05:51 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(06-27-2014 05:30 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  

The Club House, next to campus, has also just added go-cart racing.

Man, that looks great. We had an all weather water park announced that would be built next to Tweetsie Railroad about five miles from campus a few months ago. Just this week though the NC Legislature passed a bill which basically let's just about anything to be built outside Boone, so if that stands many fear Boone area will lose some mountain views to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg like attractions. Lot of angry people that want to keep Boone area fairly pristine.

Hm. Some pretty massive construction to hide the views in Boone. Just sayen. I've heard rumor that we may be getting a second water park crazy as that sounds. Splash is so packed with the subsidized entry price that local entrepreneurs are actually considering it.
06-27-2014 07:18 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

Can imagine how hot a humid it can get in South Georgia. Spent some time
working temporarily in Savannah years ago. Was painful at times, but beautiful.
So could see people flocking into a second water park.
06-27-2014 07:47 PM
GreatAppSt Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Meh, cookie cutter water park looks identical to the muni park here in Plainfield{Podunk}IN
06-27-2014 10:25 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(06-27-2014 07:47 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Can imagine how hot a humid it can get in South Georgia. Spent some time

It is pretty bad in August. You would die in Central America however. I would still take July in Savannah over July in Macon. Convinced that someone left a white dwarf star in a parking lot downtown.
06-28-2014 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eaglemachine Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-28-2014 12:13 PM)panama Wrote:  
(06-27-2014 07:47 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Can imagine how hot a humid it can get in South Georgia. Spent some time

It is pretty bad in August. You would die in Central Georgia however. I would still take July in Savannah over July in Macon. Convinced that someone left a white dwarf star in a parking lot downtown.

FIFY.

no coastal breeze in Macon.
06-28-2014 02:51 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(06-28-2014 02:51 PM)eaglemachine Wrote:  

It is pretty bad in August. You would die in Central Georgia however. I would still take July in Savannah over July in Macon. Convinced that someone left a white dwarf star in a parking lot downtown.

FIFY.

Problem with Statesboro is it gets a lot of humidity off the coast but no coastal breeze. I remember seeing heat indexes at 130+ when I was working during summers as a student. Several years ago, it was 112 in the parking lot as we were headed in for the game. It gets insanely hot in Statesboro.
06-28-2014 03:50 PM
Advertisement

Oldyeller Offline
All American

(06-28-2014 03:50 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  

FIFY.

Problem with Statesboro is it gets a lot of humidity off the coast but no coastal breeze. I remember seeing heat indexes at 130+ when I was working during summers as a student. Several years ago, it was 112 in the parking lot as we were headed in for the game. It gets insanely hot in Statesboro.

I would still take heat over cold any day. I'm to and from central Florida quite often. The temperature averages 4 to 5 degrees cooler in the Boro particularly in the spring and fall or during the change of seasons. Most of the year is quite pleasant. It's hot today but somehow I managed to spend most of the day in it working in the landscape around the house. Nice sea breeze helped. Wind speeds do average a bit higher in the coastal regions.
06-28-2014 04:37 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(06-28-2014 04:37 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  

FIFY.

I would still take heat over cold any day. I'm to and from central Florida quite often. The temperature averages 4 to 5 degrees cooler in the Boro particularly in the spring and fall or during the change of seasons. Most of the year is quite pleasant. It's hot today but somehow I managed to spend most of the day in it working in the landscape around the house. Nice sea breeze helped. Wind speeds do average a bit higher in the coastal regions.
Rather have the cold. Can always put on more clothes, but can breathe much better than you can with heat and high humidity.
06-28-2014 04:52 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(06-28-2014 04:52 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(06-28-2014 04:37 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  
(06-28-2014 12:13 PM)panama Wrote:  It is pretty bad in August. You would die in Central Georgia however. I would still take July in Savannah over July in Macon. Convinced that someone left a white dwarf star in a parking lot downtown.

FIFY.

Rather have the cold. Can always put on more clothes, but can breathe much better than you can with heat and high humidity.

This is easier.

[Image: 761974388_35d8a82e7a.jpg]

Course you could do this.

[Image: Its-getting-cold-in-here.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2014 06:23 PM by Oldyeller.)
06-28-2014 06:04 PM
ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA....SOUTHERN

It is pretty bad in August. You would die in Central America however. I would still take July in Savannah over July in Macon. Convinced that someone left a white dwarf star in a parking lot downtown.

I managed it for 3 summers, also has a business painting apartments, do most of the work in August, many of the places had no power

we managed
06-30-2014 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.