Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"I can't wait until (insert BCS school) comes in here, I want to kick their ass!"
Bookmark and Share
BearDownNIU Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU
"I can't wait until (insert BCS school) comes in here, I want to kick their ass!"
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-JRlTFE4I8

Saw this speech on "A Football Life: Jimmy Johnson"

Got me fired up for this season and the possibility of BCS teams coming into DeKalb in the future
06-24-2014 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: "I can't wait until (insert BCS school) comes in here, I want to kick their a...
(06-24-2014 09:50 PM)BearDownNIU Wrote:  http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-JRlTFE4I8

Got me fired up for this season and the possibility of BCS teams coming into DeKalb in the future

Jerry Kill's Golden Gophers
06-25-2014 10:45 AM
yesman815 Offline
All American

RE: "I can't wait until (insert BCS school) comes in here, I want to kick their a...
(06-25-2014 10:45 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(06-24-2014 09:50 PM)BearDownNIU Wrote:  http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-JRlTFE4I8

Jerry Kill's Golden Gophers

So you want an avg big 10 team to come in?

Good job shooting for a good BCS team. Beating minny doesn't do anything for NiU but might make u happy
06-25-2014 10:16 PM
cagy cager Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
given the current landscape of the Big Boys in college football, what would possibly give you ANY reason to think NIU could EVER get a major player from the B1G to come into Huskie stadium?
06-25-2014 11:23 PM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
(06-25-2014 11:23 PM)cagy cager Wrote:  given the current landscape of the Big Boys in college football, what would possibly give you ANY reason to think NIU could EVER get a major player from the B1G to come into Huskie stadium?

None of the major players will ever come to a MAC school except for the MSU/ Michigan MAC deal they have in place. They just don't make any money on those games.

The B1G teams that may go to Huskie Stadium would be Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana and maybe Minnesota.

But Kill will wait to come back to NIU, just like Pinkel is doing this year with Toledo and Missouri.

Personally I would rather have an ACC or SEC team at the Glass Bowl than a B!G team right now.
06-25-2014 11:28 PM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

(06-25-2014 11:28 PM)utpotts Wrote:  
(06-25-2014 11:23 PM)cagy cager Wrote:  given the current landscape of the Big Boys in college football, what would possibly give you ANY reason to think NIU could EVER get a major player from the B1G to come into Huskie stadium?

None of the major players will ever come to a MAC school except for the MSU/ Michigan MAC deal they have in place. They just don't make any money on those games.

The B1G teams that may go to Huskie Stadium would be Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana and maybe Minnesota.

But Kill will wait to come back to NIU, just like Pinkel is doing this year with Toledo and Missouri.

Personally I would rather have an ACC or SEC team at the Glass Bowl than a B!G team right now.

i want a 2 for 1 with NC State
06-26-2014 07:38 AM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

Frazier basically said it was difficult until we get more seating. We offer opponents around 1500 visiting seats. Most want more and it seems he is not willing to give them more with the current setup. Though I am not sure other than the regional B1G and few B12 teams who really would bring that many since there is no way we are getting a HUGE team here.

Adding 2-3k seats on each side of the East side should not be a huge expense and it would allow the center 1-3 sections to be sold as premium seats. I know most students would be against the idea but if that is what it takes to bring in some bigger name opponents then that is whats needed for this program.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 09:42 AM by HuskieJohn.)
06-26-2014 09:38 AM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
(06-26-2014 09:38 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

Frazier basically said it was difficult until we get more seating. We offer opponents around 1500 visiting seats. Most want more and it seems he is not willing to give them more with the current setup. Though I am not sure other than the regional B1G and few B12 teams who really would bring that many since there is no way we are getting a HUGE team here.

Adding 2-3k seats on each side of the East side should not be a huge expense and it would allow the center 1-3 sections to be sold as premium seats. I know most students would be against the idea but if that is what it takes to bring in some bigger name opponents then that is whats needed for this program.

It would be nice for the East side to finally mirror the west. That and a few endzone seats and we're not looking to bad all of a sudden...
06-26-2014 10:26 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

NIU is not getting OSU or Michigan or Penn State into Huskie Stadium , we know this. It doesn't matter how many seats you have. It also doesn't matter how many seats you add, we CAN get Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, Michigan State into Huskie Stadium if everyone does their appointed jobs. Obviously NU and Illinois are no-gos for a completely separate fear factor issue.
06-26-2014 10:27 AM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(06-25-2014 11:28 PM)utpotts Wrote:  The B1G teams that may go to Huskie Stadium would be Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana and maybe Minnesota.

Sorry, Maryland is not going to come back to Huskie Stadium after losing their only visit.
We should go after the others because none of them travel with enough fans to need more than the 1,500 we give visiting teams. Another school we could target is Colorado. The Buffs play at UMass this year. In the past they've scheduled Central Arkansas, Fresno State, Charleston Southern, and Sacramento State. Even a 2-for-1 would be worth it because we could get a home win and a road win out of that series.
06-26-2014 11:00 AM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
Put as much seating as is possible in the North and South endzones (south endzone in particular doesn't have much space with the video board and berm) but between the 2 areas there could be an additional 4-5K seating which gets Huskie Stadium up near 30K without spending an enormous amount of $.
06-26-2014 11:12 AM
Advertisement

Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
Much has been posted about P5 programs coming to Huskie Stadium being a non starter. What about NIU's former conference mates from the Big West days. Fresno State and Boise State are powerbrokers in the MWC now and would draw casual fans in and the $ needed to make this happen would be far more feasible.
06-26-2014 11:16 AM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

(06-26-2014 11:16 AM)Policiious Wrote:  Much has been posted about P5 programs coming to Huskie Stadium being a non starter. What about NIU's former conference mates from the Big West days. Fresno State and Boise State are powerbrokers in the MWC now and would draw casual fans in and the $ needed to make this happen would be far more feasible.

I don't think it has to be P5 programs as mush as quality opponents. Boise St, Fresno St, Louisville, and Cincinnati would all be good home and aways.
06-26-2014 11:22 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2014 10:27 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

NIU is not getting OSU or Michigan or Penn State into Huskie Stadium , we know this. It doesn't matter how many seats you have. It also doesn't matter how many seats you add, we CAN get Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, Michigan State into Huskie Stadium if everyone does their appointed jobs. Obviously NU and Illinois are no-gos for a completely separate fear factor issue.

Agreed...let no one mistake to think that I am taking about adding seats to bringing in a top tier P5 team.
06-26-2014 11:26 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2014 11:22 AM)timxlydon Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 11:16 AM)Policiious Wrote:  Much has been posted about P5 programs coming to Huskie Stadium being a non starter. What about NIU's former conference mates from the Big West days. Fresno State and Boise State are powerbrokers in the MWC now and would draw casual fans in and the $ needed to make this happen would be far more feasible.

I don't think it has to be P5 programs as mush as quality opponents. Boise St, Fresno St, Louisville, and Cincinnati would all be good home and aways.

As of July 1st Louisville will be in the ACC so they will be a P5 program.

But yes I agree with the type of team you are talking about. In fact I think a team like UCF/USF/Houston/SMU should be the top priority to play every year because of our recruiting exposure in those states.
06-26-2014 11:29 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2014 11:12 AM)Policiious Wrote:  Put as much seating as is possible in the North and South endzones (south endzone in particular doesn't have much space with the video board and berm) but between the 2 areas there could be an additional 4-5K seating which gets Huskie Stadium up near 30K without spending an enormous amount of $.

We will get wings on the stands before they put endzone bleachers.

No way are they going to block the 25mil view of the Yordon/CPC with some cheap bleachers.

To add seating in the south endzone and make it ADA compliant would be just as much as adding 1 wing on the East stand.

Here is what I cut & pasted and posted before.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=5441]
06-26-2014 11:33 AM
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
(06-26-2014 11:33 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 11:12 AM)Policiious Wrote:  Put as much seating as is possible in the North and South endzones (south endzone in particular doesn't have much space with the video board and berm) but between the 2 areas there could be an additional 4-5K seating which gets Huskie Stadium up near 30K without spending an enormous amount of $.

We will get wings on the stands before they put endzone bleachers.

No way are they going to block the 25mil view of the Yordon/CPC with some cheap bleachers.

To add seating in the south endzone and make it ADA compliant would be just as much as adding 1 wing on the East stand.

Here is what I cut & pasted and posted before.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=5441]

Fun to see, much prefer a symmetrical east/west. Maybe just add platforms with tents in the endzone via golf tournaments and some other stadiums, to close it off...
06-26-2014 11:55 AM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
RE: "I can't wait until (insert BCS school) comes in here, I want to kick their ass!"
Indiana is at BG this year.
06-26-2014 12:15 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(06-26-2014 12:15 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Indiana is at BG this year.

And BG's stadium doesn't hold any more people than ours.

How many seats do these schools expect us to hold? I would think we could offer somewhat more than 1,500. But I don't know how they arrived at that number.
06-26-2014 03:03 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2014 03:03 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 12:15 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Indiana is at BG this year.

And BG's stadium doesn't hold any more people than ours.

How many seats do these schools expect us to hold? I would think we could offer somewhat more than 1,500. But I don't know how they arrived at that number.

I agree, I don't get why we cant offer 3k or 3500 if that is what it takes.

Info I found on BGSU/IU series.

Bowling Green will play Saturday at Indiana and will face the Hoosiers again in Bloomington, Ind., in 2017, and will receive $250,000 and $200,000 for each appearance; Indiana will play at Bowling Green next season and will receive $200,000.
Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/Michigan/2013...hYvcOXz.99
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 03:38 PM by HuskieJohn.)
06-26-2014 03:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.