Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
ESPN's Joe Schad names top 2 schools for Big 12 Expansion
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
ESPN's Joe Schad names top 2 schools for Big 12 Expansion
[Image: 1SCHAD101309.jpg]

On ESPN's College Football Live show today...topic of Big 12 expansion came up and ESPN's Joe Schad said these would be his top 2 teams for Big 12 additions:

Cincinnati
UCF

Schad predicts that after the new P5 Committee invites teams for the Final Four from SEC, ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 because ALL of them have conf championship football games...Big 12 will be left out most years, hence their need to get to 12 teams...in 2 new TV markets.

Dude makes a lot of sense.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 10:36 PM by KnightLight.)
06-16-2014 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: ESPN's Joe Schad names top 2 schools for Big 12 Expansion
(06-16-2014 10:31 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  Schad predicts that after the new P5 Committee invites teams for the Final Four from SEC, ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 because ALL of them have conf championship football games...Big 12 will be left out most years, hence their need to get to 12 teams...in 2 new TV markets.

A conference title game will be neither an advantage nor disadvantage to making the playoffs, just as it wasn't for the BCS. It cuts both ways.
06-16-2014 10:43 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(06-16-2014 10:43 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  A conference title game will be neither an advantage nor disadvantage to making the playoffs, just as it wasn't for the BCS. It cuts both ways.
Exactly.
06-16-2014 10:45 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(06-16-2014 10:31 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  [Image: 1SCHAD101309.jpg]

On ESPN's College Football Live show today...topic of Big 12 expansion came up and ESPN's Joe Schad said these would be his top 2 teams for Big 12 additions:

Cincinnati
UCF

Schad predicts that after the new P5 Committee invites teams for the Final Four from SEC, ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 because ALL of them have conf championship football games...Big 12 will be left out most years, hence their need to get to 12 teams...in 2 new TV markets.

I live in Morgantown, WV... I have some connections to the Athletic Department at WVU and I follow the news out of WVU pretty closely.

I don't think the Big XII will expand. If they do expand, I do NOT think one of the schools will be the University of Cincinnati. The one school that seems to have some rumbling is UCF, but that is at least five years of sustained success away.

The B12 investigated UC. It is NOT happening. Period, end of story. If it were going to happen, it would have happened already.

But like I said at the top... The Big XII is not going to expand. They are in the same boat as the old Big East was, unable to poach any teams from another "Power" conference and with no teams below them that make any sense. And, at the invitation of any other "Power" conference, their teams will bolt without any hesitation. The B12 is dead-fricking-meat, and the members of that conference know it.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 10:56 PM by BearcatJerry.)
06-16-2014 10:54 PM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
[Image: 6Z2pJ07.jpg]
06-16-2014 11:03 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Sweet.
06-16-2014 11:05 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(06-16-2014 10:54 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  The Big XII is not going to expand. They are in the same boat as the old Big East was, unable to poach any teams from another "Power" conference and with no teams below them that make any sense. And, at the invitation of any other "Power" conference, their teams will bolt without any hesitation. The B12 is dead-fricking-meat, and the members of that conference know it.
The Big <12 of today has some HUGE advantages (relatively speaking) compared to the old Big East of 2004-2012. Namely, the presence of two absolutely indisputable A-list national name-brand football programs in OU and UT. Big East never had anything like that.

Big <12 will be a player for as long as both of those two programs are willing to remain a part of it.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 11:07 PM by Native Georgian.)
06-16-2014 11:06 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(06-16-2014 10:54 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

Cincinnati
UCF

I live in Morgantown, WV... I have some connections to the Athletic Department at WVU and I follow the news out of WVU pretty closely.

I don't think the Big XII will expand. If they do expand, I do NOT think one of the schools will be the University of Cincinnati. The one school that seems to have some rumbling is UCF, but that is at least five years of sustained success away.

The B12 investigated UC. It is NOT happening. Period, end of story. If it were going to happen, it would have happened already.

But like I said at the top... The Big XII is not going to expand. They are in the same boat as the old Big East was, unable to poach any teams from another "Power" conference and with no teams below them that make any sense. And, at the invitation of any other "Power" conference, their teams will bolt without any hesitation. The B12 is dead-fricking-meat, and the members of that conference know it.

Well, said my Bearcat friend! 07-coffee3
Epic Applause
06-16-2014 11:18 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(06-16-2014 10:54 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

Cincinnati
UCF

I agree with you Jerry on the B12 not adding anyone... I also believe however, this league (AAC) has more programs who can help elevate the B12 in many ways.

Hell, the B12 would be better of if they could some how kick Baylor/Waco and Tortilla tech/Lubbock out and invite 4-6 AAC bigger market programs and call it a day, IMHO.
06-16-2014 11:37 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(06-16-2014 11:37 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  Hell, the B12 would be better of if they could some how kick Baylor/Waco and Tortilla tech/Lubbock out and invite 4-6 AAC bigger market programs and call it a day, IMHO.
If they could, yes.

But, they can't.
06-17-2014 12:38 AM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
Tired of this nonsense.
06-17-2014 01:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
I hope bearcatjerry is right. I don't want uc in the big twelve. At least the American still has a shred of geographical sense to it. Other than money, what's the point in uc or ucf in the big 12. UC has no historical or cultural ties to those schools (other than WVU of course), it makes no sense. ACC makes the most sense since that's where Pitt and UL are. American is the next best.

But of course that's not what college ball is about anymore so what do I know. Ill just keep fapping it to my old ncaa 14 custom ACC conference that includes WVU, UC, and UCONN while kicking Wake Forests undeserving ass out.
06-17-2014 01:28 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
I've gone back and forth on the Big 12 expansion. UCF would absolutely be obligated to take the opportunity if it ever came.

However, I really like the potential rivalries here in the American. USF and ECU are going to be great series.

I still think it's weird BYU would be overlooked. TV numbers are there, even if they don't play on Sundays.
06-17-2014 02:57 AM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
For whatever reason I could see the ACC wanting to beef up its football lineup with UCF/UC.

The ACC is not as deep as the the other power conferences in football and can't poach the SEC/B1G for membership. UCF/UC would give them a couple of schools that would be in the upper half of the conference football wise which is what they need when they have Syracuse, BC, Duke and Wake Forest in the conference.

UC/UCF also help out with travel costs for some of the schools in the ACC.
06-17-2014 05:27 AM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
(06-16-2014 11:37 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  Hell, the B12 would be better of if they could some how kick Baylor/Waco and Tortilla tech/Lubbock out and invite 4-6 AAC bigger market programs and call it a day, IMHO.

Texas Tech put almost 61K in the stands for Tx State. When coog high can do that---- call us. Until then STHU and enjoy the commuter status that UH so rightfully deserves.
06-17-2014 05:43 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(06-16-2014 11:06 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(06-16-2014 10:54 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  The Big XII is not going to expand. They are in the same boat as the old Big East was, unable to poach any teams from another "Power" conference and with no teams below them that make any sense. And, at the invitation of any other "Power" conference, their teams will bolt without any hesitation. The B12 is dead-fricking-meat, and the members of that conference know it.
The Big <12 of today has some HUGE advantages (relatively speaking) compared to the old Big East of 2004-2012. Namely, the presence of two absolutely indisputable A-list national name-brand football programs in OU and UT. Big East never had anything like that.

Big <12 will be a player for as long as both of those two programs are willing to remain a part of it.

Absolutely agree. The Big 12 is in no danger of imploding any time soon.
06-17-2014 06:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(06-17-2014 06:05 AM)TerryD Wrote:  
(06-16-2014 11:06 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  

Absolutely agree. The Big 12 is in no danger of imploding any time soon.

Agree. Unless something dramatic occurs and OU and the Whorns decide to leave, the Big 12 is going nowhere. I would love UCF in the Big12, but I think the AAC has some real potential and I enjoy the rivalries we have. Let's just grow this conference and let the rest happen.
06-17-2014 06:55 AM
UCF_SystemsEng Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(06-17-2014 05:27 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  For whatever reason I could see the ACC wanting to beef up its football lineup with UCF/UC.

The ACC is not as deep as the the other power conferences in football and can't poach the SEC/B1G for membership. UCF/UC would give them a couple of schools that would be in the upper half of the conference football wise which is what they need when they have Syracuse, BC, Duke and Wake Forest in the conference.

UC/UCF also help out with travel costs for some of the schools in the ACC.

The only chance that this would happen is if the GOR lawsuits went against the ACC, and then the SEC invited Miami & Clemson. The Joker snitch killed any tiny chance of Miami's invite.
06-17-2014 06:56 AM
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
ESPN launches a trial balloon!
06-17-2014 07:23 AM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(06-17-2014 07:23 AM)XLance Wrote:  ESPN launches a trial balloon!

Makes you wonder. If you hear more comments going forward, you might just be right. I've noticed ESPN heavily controls what is put out there by their talking heads, so it might just be they have plans?

For Sanity's sake I'll just focus on our AAC schedule. 04-cheers
06-17-2014 07:27 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.