Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Updated Kickoff Times for 2014 Football
Bookmark and Share
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Updated Kickoff Times for 2014 Football
http://www.mac-sports.com/tabid/969/Arti...edule.aspx

TOLEDO VS MIZZOU @ NOON at the Glass Bowl!
06-06-2014 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

RE: Updated Kickoff Times for 2014 Football
I'm liking this noon kickoff. Can't remember the last time we had a noon game. Should be an amazing Saturday right from the start with early morning tailgating and hopefully the weather is typical early September weather.

You guys think we'll sell out this game? Really no excuse not to...unless the city just isn't that interested in Rocket football.
06-06-2014 10:19 AM
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

Whats great is UM @ Notre Dame at 7:30 and OSU vs Virginia Tech at 8pm.

We should be getting nice coverage on ABC or ESPN2.

Truthfully, a noon kickoff should have a nice tailgating scene and the Glass Bowl SHOULD BE ROCKING no matter what. With the two G5 programs playing later, all attention should be on UT- 30k or bust.
06-06-2014 10:39 AM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

I think this is great seeing as the bigger schools whom compete for UT fans attention (OSU, UofM, ND, MSU) are all moving to later starts for more west coast and prime time exposure. The old evening starts were great when these schools played most of their games at Noon. During the week night games for MAC schools still make alot of sense for TV exposure not Saturday anymore.
06-06-2014 10:53 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Homecoming at 2pm is a little early. Hope for a nice day in Late October to whoop on UMASS
06-06-2014 11:18 AM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I would rather play Missouri at night, frankly.
06-06-2014 10:41 PM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(06-06-2014 10:41 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  I would rather play Missouri at night, frankly.

Really? If this game is on ABC, that would be one of the biggest games in UT history I bet.
06-06-2014 11:16 PM
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

(06-06-2014 10:05 AM)rocketinchitown Wrote:  http://www.mac-sports.com/tabid/969/Arti...edule.aspx

TOLEDO VS MIZZOU @ NOON at the Glass Bowl!

Loving this!!! Rockets in the spotlight and avoid tOSU, scUM, & ND in primetime!!!
06-07-2014 12:18 AM
letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

If you notice what is written after the 12 noon start time, (ABC, ESPN, ESPN2), that proves this is ABC/ESPN's top game for the 12 noon time slot. Huge exposure for THE University of Toledo RRRRRRRRRockets!!!!!!
06-07-2014 08:13 AM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
There is something special about The Glass Bowl under the lights at night.

2 pm start for Homecoming is too early. Should start at 5 or 6 pm for better tailgating and alumni involvement.

don't like the Noon start for Missou. Would like a 3 pm start instead. at least no excuses for the other school want-a-be's.
06-07-2014 11:55 AM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
I like the day games. Watch the Rockets then go home and watch more football.
06-07-2014 12:43 PM
Advertisement

letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

(06-07-2014 12:43 PM)SylvaniaRocket Wrote:  I like the day games. Watch the Rockets then go home and watch more football.

Can get home, get a good nap in and start drinking again before the 7:00 pm games!!!!04-cheers
06-07-2014 04:39 PM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

(06-07-2014 08:13 AM)letsgoblue Wrote:  If you notice what is written after the 12 noon start time, (ABC, ESPN, ESPN2), that proves this is ABC/ESPN's top game for the 12 noon time slot. Huge exposure for THE University of Toledo RRRRRRRRRockets!!!!!!

It really doesn't mean that. That means they could put on either one of those channels, more than likely ESPN2 depending on the schedule of games that day and who they want to flex. Its rare for ABC now to have a triple header of football on Saturdays, with ESPN running the show.
06-07-2014 06:53 PM
All Rockets All The Time

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I like an occasional day game, too. I just feel our home advantage in the GB is slightly stronger at night, especially with a younger team. A win at night would trump a loss with the noon national exposure. We did beat Minnesota during the day, but they had no clue what they were in for and we had a more experienced team. And a defense. No, it may not make a huge difference, but any advantage would help. We beat Pitt and Cinci at night.
06-07-2014 08:05 PM
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

(06-07-2014 06:53 PM)utpotts Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 08:13 AM)letsgoblue Wrote:  If you notice what is written after the 12 noon start time, (ABC, ESPN, ESPN2), that proves this is ABC/ESPN's top game for the 12 noon time slot. Huge exposure for THE University of Toledo RRRRRRRRRockets!!!!!!

It really doesn't mean that. That means they could put on either one of those channels, more than likely ESPN2 depending on the schedule of games that day and who they want to flex. Its rare for ABC now to have a triple header of football on Saturdays, with ESPN running the show.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/2

Its looking like the only game possibly that could be on ABC is Oklahoma at Tulsa and then USC-Stanford at 3:30pm. Chances are better.
06-11-2014 01:00 PM
Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
Mizzou would play well in 4 Top 100 TV markets:
21 St Louis
31 Kansas City
74 Springfield, Mo
78 Cape Giradeau
06-11-2014 01:17 PM
Advertisement

utpotts Offline
Heisman

(06-11-2014 01:00 PM)rocketinchitown Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 06:53 PM)utpotts Wrote:  

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/2

Its looking like the only game possibly that could be on ABC is Oklahoma at Tulsa and then USC-Stanford at 3:30pm. Chances are better.

Noon is not a national televised slot time. Noon starts are usually regional games, the only game I can think of that is a noon start and gets national coverage is Ohio State/ Michigan
06-11-2014 03:31 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(06-07-2014 08:05 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  I like an occasional day game, too. I just feel our home advantage in the GB is slightly stronger at night, especially with a younger team. A win at night would trump a loss with the noon national exposure. We did beat Minnesota during the day, but they had no clue what they were in for and we had a more experienced team. And a defense. No, it may not make a huge difference, but any advantage would help. We beat Pitt and Cinci at night.

A win at all would be amazing! Imagine a win at noon, where that game would be the news of every other game that Saturday!
06-11-2014 05:05 PM
Rocket Pirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: Seton Hall
(06-07-2014 08:05 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  I like an occasional day game, too. I just feel our home advantage in the GB is slightly stronger at night, especially with a younger team. A win at night would trump a loss with the noon national exposure. We did beat Minnesota during the day, but they had no clue what they were in for and we had a more experienced team. And a defense. No, it may not make a huge difference, but any advantage would help. We beat Pitt and Cinci at night.

Why do you think the home advantage stronger at night?
06-11-2014 06:44 PM
All Rockets All The Time

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(06-11-2014 06:44 PM)Rocket Pirate Wrote:  

Why do you think the home advantage stronger at night?

I think our team would be more used to the night environment, lighting, etc. in the venue than a team that has never played here before. Might give us a little edge, that's all.
06-11-2014 07:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.