Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2015 Recruiting - so many stars
Bookmark and Share
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
https://rivals.yahoo.com/jamesmadison/fo...ch-results

every player on this list holds a JMU offer.

Withers and crew are clearly going after a higher caliber recruit than MM did.

Never seen so many stars on a JMU search before. Let's hope we get our share of these guys.
06-05-2014 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

RE: 2015 Recruiting - so many stars
meh. the search didn't work on the link.

just filter it by JMU and click the box that says "offers" at the bottom right and you'll see a list of 85 guys that have offers. probably 60+ of them have at least 2 stars. WAAAAY more than in prior years.
06-05-2014 01:52 PM
jmu-fan-1981 Online
1st String

I Root For: JMU
(06-05-2014 01:52 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  meh. the search didn't work on the link.

just filter it by JMU and click the box that says "offers" at the bottom right and you'll see a list of 85 guys that have offers. probably 60+ of them have at least 2 stars. WAAAAY more than in prior years.

Those instructions were pretty bad. Just wait until signing day 2015... how about that? offers mean nothing anyway.
06-05-2014 02:11 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

https://rivals.yahoo.com/jamesmadison/fo...hYgt7kXuZ_

really not that difficult to figure out how to do it.
06-05-2014 02:14 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-05-2014 02:11 PM)jmu-fan-1981 Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 01:52 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  meh. the search didn't work on the link.

Those instructions were pretty bad. Just wait until signing day 2015... how about that? offers mean nothing anyway.

Be sure to click the box that says "only prospects with offers". Under the schools section you have to scroll down to James Madison. Dawg was talking in simple terms.

Update: be sure to unclick "commitments" and "uncommitted".
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 02:45 PM by BleedingPurple.)
06-05-2014 02:43 PM
jmu-fan-1981 Online
1st String

All Im saying is, we can offer all 5 star guys. That doesn't matter. it's who commits that counts. We've never landed a 4 star out of HS so I doubt any of those guys choose us and it's still way early. Those guys that still have not committed will pick FBS schools before all is said and done. I'd be surprised if we get more than 5 3-star guys this upcoming class. Very surprised and pleased indeed.
06-05-2014 02:59 PM
Advertisement

Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I think we all agree with that.

but at the same time, if you don't offer any 3-4-5 star guys you can guarantee you won't get any.

I like that Withers isn't afraid to aim high. Maybe he'll whiff on most. But if he gets some, that's better than not trying.
06-05-2014 03:03 PM
EastCoastCoach Offline
Water Engineer

Yea, sad to say FCS deals with a serious recruiting disadvantage when it comes to talent. FCS schools will always be a second option to FBS schools hands down. Out of high school would you sign with VT or Liberty? JMU or UVA? Stony Brook or Syracuse? I think the bias is clear and it sucks but its college football for you
06-05-2014 03:05 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-05-2014 03:03 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  I think we all agree with that.

but at the same time, if you don't offer any 3-4-5 star guys you can guarantee you won't get any.

I like that Withers isn't afraid to aim high. Maybe he'll whiff on most. But if he gets some, that's better than not trying.

And he may get a couple on the rebound if it doesn't work out at a BCS school.
06-05-2014 03:06 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-05-2014 03:06 PM)olddawg Wrote:  

And he may get a couple on the rebound if it doesn't work out at a BCS school.

This is my thinking as well, it sets us up to get some good transfers down the road. Think about it, very often the pretty girl just doesn't do it for you, then you start to remember those who made some eye contact with you, but thought there was not going to be a good enough chase or wouldn't impress your fellow man enough. They start to look pretty good.
06-05-2014 03:21 PM
Hotrod829 Offline
All American

The old staff did the same thing, I remember hearing about is offering Russell Wilson. Thought he might transfer down after a while. Same with Pete Rose and Kam chancellor , they both were offered by JMU even though they had VT offers. Just the internet is a different beast today.

But Withers does seem to have a more national recruiting vision, prolly from his previous experience from recruiting for multiple BCS schools.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 04:11 PM by Hotrod829.)
06-05-2014 03:52 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-05-2014 03:52 PM)Hotrod829 Wrote:  

The old staff did the same thing, I remember hearing about is offering Russell Wilson. Thought he might transfer down after a while. Same with Pete Rose and Kam chancellor , they both were offered by JMU even though they had VT offers. Just the internet is a different beast today.

But Withers does seem to have a more national recruiting vision, prolly from his previous experience from recruiting for multiple BCS schools.

And ironically, Russell Wilson transferred "up".
06-05-2014 07:38 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

(06-05-2014 03:52 PM)Hotrod829 Wrote:  

I don't think so.

I've been following recruiting for 20 years and I've never seen so many stars on guys we've offered.

not even close.
06-05-2014 07:41 PM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
Some of you seriously must live absolutely miserable lives. I'm mad as hell at our state of athletics, but how can you not be excited about us pursuing better recruits?
06-05-2014 07:59 PM
RootinFerDukes Offline
1st String

(06-05-2014 07:59 PM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  Some of you seriously must live absolutely miserable lives. I'm mad as hell at our state of athletics, but how can you not be excited about us pursuing better recruits?

Miserable lives? Shoot I played golf today and I will again tomorrow its pretty miserable
06-05-2014 08:01 PM
EastCoastCoach Offline
Water Engineer

Excited about us perusing better recruits, wasn't it in 2011 that JMU suppose to be a defensive powerhouse due to the transfer of Titus Till and Wilson from Maryland, not to include others I missed. I'll be excited when a JMU team performs well enough to move up on the recruitment ladder.
06-05-2014 08:15 PM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

If we must remain in the FCS 03-puke, my goal for FB is to build the program to a level of respect we should have. The respect that Appy, GA Southern, and Marshall had before leaving. The respect NDSU now has.

Though, preseason polls are meaningless as far as where a team will be at the end of the season, what they do mean is that you have received respect. We were there five years ago and lost it. I want it back.
06-05-2014 09:43 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

Mickey got lazy. Withers is not. He is going after the best recruits and I am sure he is going after others that are more FCS material. You cast a wide net in the sales world. Sometimes you hit on some winners and exceed even your own expectations.
06-05-2014 09:49 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(06-05-2014 02:59 PM)jmu-fan-1981 Wrote:  All Im saying is, we can offer all 5 star guys. That doesn't matter. it's who commits that counts. We've never landed a 4 star out of HS so I doubt any of those guys choose us and it's still way early. Those guys that still have not committed will pick FBS schools before all is said and done. I'd be surprised if we get more than 5 3-star guys this upcoming class. Very surprised and pleased indeed.

And now we have two 2015 recruting threads....

81 is right. JMU could offer all of Bama, LSU's, etc recruits. All 4-5 star guys. Who you offer doesn't mean jack diddly squat. Its who you land. Right now, 8 months before signing date JMU is showing one 2 star commit:
https://rivals.yahoo.com/jamesmadison/fo...adison-196

JMU 2014 now has 12 stars on 4 transfers, besting 2012's 10 stars on 3 transfers for most ever. That's good.

2010 class had 34 total stars, the most ever.
https://rivals.yahoo.com/jamesmadison/fo...adison-196
Lets see if 2015 class can top that.
06-05-2014 11:12 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(06-05-2014 07:59 PM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  Some of you seriously must live absolutely miserable lives. I'm mad as hell at our state of athletics, but how can you not be excited about us pursuing better recruits?

I don't care who JMU is pursuing. Doesn't do squat for me. I care about who COMMITS, and more importantly signs LOIs the 1st week in Feb. And even then I've learned to not get excited bout anyone till they prove it on the field.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 11:22 PM by BDKJMU.)
06-05-2014 11:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.