Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game ticket prices....
Bookmark and Share
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
Game ticket prices....
Just saw GaSt release their prices (or maybe it has been out a while) and was wondering what other schools prices are for this season. Also saw that they put a premium on the GSU vs GS game +$10/ticket. Are there any other home games that are being sold at a premium?

Maybe another GS fan can give our prices, but I haven't seen them yet. Still trying to sell season tickets. I think they are ~$25 for general admission and I don't know if there will be any premium games. The App game might have been, but with it being a Thursday night game they'll probably do promotions to try and pack the stadium and make it look good on TV (I actually think there will be big crowds for the ESPNU games).
06-05-2014 07:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
RE: Game ticket prices....
Apps have had to pay a $5-10 premium on all of our away SoCon games the last 5-6 years. Our game was more expensive than homecoming games at some schools. We do the same to GS.

Last season:

Full Season - $175 (donation required inside the 25s)
Half Season - $89

Single game:
Date/Opponent/Premium (inside 40s)/Prime (40-25s)/General
Sept. 7 vs. North Carolina A&T $37 $32 $27
Sept. 28 vs. Charleston Southern $37 $32 $27
Oct. 12 vs. Samford $42 $37 $32
Oct. 26 vs. Georgia Southern $45 $40 $35
Nov. 2 vs. Chattanooga $37 $32 $27
Nov. 23 vs. Western Carolina $37 $32 $27
06-05-2014 08:07 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
stAte:

Season Tickets go from $75-$115 bucks for most of the Available spots with no donation required. Home side seats near midfield go for $175 and require a minimum donation of at least $100

Single Game tickets: Officially prices have not been released, but in the past General Admission was $14. We have never priced separately for a different game before, but the rumor is if we keep the Missouri Game in Jonesboro for 2015 that we will make it a premium ticket game and raise single game prices to over $30 to profit off the huge interest in that game.
06-05-2014 08:16 AM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

wow stAte has some cheap prices. basically if you want a season ticket at GS you have to donate a minimum $120 upto $1200. Single game will probably be close to $30/game this year. There will probably be promotions, but those are limited.
06-05-2014 09:16 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(06-05-2014 09:16 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  wow stAte has some cheap prices. basically if you want a season ticket at GS you have to donate a minimum $120 upto $1200. Single game will probably be close to $30/game this year. There will probably be promotions, but those are limited.

And they probably still have higher ticket revenues than we do.

We could probably stand to lower our prices some while we win back some people who are ticked off about the FBS move.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 09:26 AM by EigenEagle.)
06-05-2014 09:21 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(06-05-2014 09:16 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  wow stAte has some cheap prices. basically if you want a season ticket at GS you have to donate a minimum $120 upto $1200. Single game will probably be close to $30/game this year. There will probably be promotions, but those are limited.

We could probably charge more if we wanted, but we're selling well at the price we are at, so why risk changing something that's working. We sold 10K plus season tickets last year, which really helps our average attendance because those count every game...meaning even on a slow walk up day, we're guaranteed to announce 18K plus.

Plus its a nice marketing chip that a season ticket to Arkansas State football is the same cost as 1 Single Pig Game ticket...and we're the only team winning right now.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 09:26 AM by chiefsfan.)
06-05-2014 09:23 AM
Advertisement

itsmeagain Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
Interesting. I didn't know we increased the ticket price just for the southern game. I guess if we're gonna get taken over by southern fans, might as well make some extra bank off them.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 09:50 AM by itsmeagain.)
06-05-2014 09:27 AM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

(06-05-2014 09:21 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  

We could probably stand to lower our prices some while we win back some people who are ticked off about the FBS move.

No doubt. Was looking at the number of seats open and think we might want to reduce or eliminate the donation requirement for some section until we are sure of sellouts. This year needs to be about bringing in as many fans as possible and make it a great experience to keep them coming back.
06-05-2014 09:39 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU

Ok... I am not trolling. Promise, but how many people were ticked off about the move? I could see a few. I mean some people hate change. We all have those naysayers. I just always heard everyone at Southern was very gung ho about getting to FBS, and it should have happened long ago.
06-05-2014 09:58 AM
sidslidkid Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(06-05-2014 09:58 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  

Ok... I am not trolling. Promise, but how many people were ticked off about the move? I could see a few. I mean some people hate change. We all have those naysayers. I just always heard everyone at Southern was very gung ho about getting to FBS, and it should have happened long ago.

More than you'd think. A lot of folks would rather be the big fish in the pond.
06-05-2014 10:25 AM
southern edumacation Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSou

Every fanbase has dissenters. Most everyone I've talked to has been looking forward to it. In my experience it's maybe 1 out of 20 people who don't like the move.
06-05-2014 10:31 AM
Advertisement

boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN

haha, that post doesn't really qualify as trolling at all Stan. It's hard to know exactly how many are/were against it. There are 2 semi-regular posters to our GSUfans board who hop on and rail against the move even to this day, there may have been others who have left the board entirely, but I don't recall who they were. Football at Southern was a very grassroots type thing, and done on a very tight budget for many many years, so it wasn't hard (expensive) to contribute and feel like you were a big part of the program. With the move up, those people worry that they are less important financially and status-wise. Other don't like the idea that we are unlikely to win a national championship given the current landscape of CFB. Others think we are selling out our traditions just for a percieved visibility and status boost that may not even exist. Just anecdotally, from talking to other fans I know and reading the papers and message board discussions I would put the number of people in the "forget this and walk away category" at less than 20%, maybe 30% are in the wait and see mode but still supporting, and at least 50% are solidly on board. I'd welcome estimates from other GS posters, but those are my thoughts.
06-05-2014 10:35 AM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(06-05-2014 09:39 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  

No doubt. Was looking at the number of seats open and think we might want to reduce or eliminate the donation requirement for some section until we are sure of sellouts. This year needs to be about bringing in as many fans as possible and make it a great experience to keep them coming back.

There's probably only one section that they've overpriced. Everything else is right in line with where it should be.
06-05-2014 10:52 AM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

The problem is the previous administration didn't raise the cost (and therefore the value) of the program like they should have. We're having to play financial catchup to get in line with other programs. Just look at App who is our peer and has been for years, and how our costs lagged behind theirs even while FBS wasn't an option.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are associating the move with the increased donation requirements and all that, but it needed to be done and still does.
06-05-2014 10:54 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

(06-05-2014 10:35 AM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  

haha, that post doesn't really qualify as trolling at all Stan. It's hard to know exactly how many are/were against it. There are 2 semi-regular posters to our GSUfans board who hop on and rail against the move even to this day, there may have been others who have left the board entirely, but I don't recall who they were. Football at Southern was a very grassroots type thing, and done on a very tight budget for many many years, so it wasn't hard (expensive) to contribute and feel like you were a big part of the program. With the move up, those people worry that they are less important financially and status-wise. Other don't like the idea that we are unlikely to win a national championship given the current landscape of CFB. Others think we are selling out our traditions just for a percieved visibility and status boost that may not even exist. Just anecdotally, from talking to other fans I know and reading the papers and message board discussions I would put the number of people in the "forget this and walk away category" at less than 20%, maybe 30% are in the wait and see mode but still supporting, and at least 50% are solidly on board. I'd welcome estimates from other GS posters, but those are my thoughts.

Those estimates are close but I would put the walk away crowd at no more than 10%. Maybe another 10% will not be as supportive as before but will still not walk away. And of course if GS continues to win most the 10% that walk away will be back.
06-05-2014 11:08 AM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

(06-05-2014 11:08 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 10:35 AM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  

Those estimates are close but I would put the walk away crowd at no more than 10%. Maybe another 10% will not be as supportive as before but will still not walk away. And of course if GS continues to win most the 10% that walk away will be back.

Well now you've got a percentage who were not bothered by the FBS moved but are PISSED that we no longer run the flexbone and have threatened to stop supporting the program.
06-05-2014 11:37 AM
Advertisement

asuwon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(06-05-2014 08:16 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  stAte:

Single Game tickets: Officially prices have not been released, but in the past General Admission was $14.

I believe General Admission tickets were $17 last season.
06-05-2014 11:52 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(06-05-2014 11:52 AM)asuwon Wrote:  

Single Game tickets: Officially prices have not been released, but in the past General Admission was $14.

You would be right.
06-05-2014 12:00 PM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
Game ticket prices....
Stadium Club: $600 per seat (Price includes $480 TSL Donation per seat) STADIUM CLUB INFORMATION
Chair Back: $300 per seat (Price includes $200 TSL Donation per seat) (Sections 208, 210, 212, 214)
Bench Back: $200 per seat (Price includes $100 TSL Donation per seat) (Sections 106, 108, 110)
Reserved: $115 per seat (No TSL Donation required) (Sections 100-104, 112-116, 200-206, 216-222)
Family Pack Reserved: $275 per set of 4 (Price includes $150 TSL Donation per family pack) (Sections 107, 109, 116)
General Admission: $60 per seat (No TSL Donation Required) (End Zone and Upper East Stands, except 207 and 209)
Family Pack General Admission: $200 per set of 4 (Price includes $100 TSL Donation per family

Single game tickets are $24 for reserved and $15 for general admission.

We did have premium price for the single game and mini books for Miss St two years ago.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
06-05-2014 12:07 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(06-05-2014 12:00 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 11:52 AM)asuwon Wrote:  

You would be right.

You guys are right, they were raised before last season.
06-05-2014 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.