Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2014 Marc Butler Memorial Golf
Bookmark and Share
jmu007 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
2014 Marc Butler Memorial Golf
All,

Please see the attached link for information on this year Marc Butler Memorial Golf Tournament. We will be playing at Lee's Hill Golf Club in Fredericksburg on Friday, June 6th.

Please direct sign ups or questions about sponsorship opportunities to Mr. Jeremy Bullock (jeremy@virginiaaau.net) or myself, Jon Butler, via the email button or PM. Last year's tournament was a great success and with your support we hope to do even better this year. So come out and enjoy an afternoon on the links in rememberence of one of JMU's all time greatest fans.

Go Dukes!

2014 Golf Tournament Info
05-01-2014 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dukie95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: all the Dukes
RE: 2014 Marc Butler Memorial Golf
Bump, because.
05-05-2014 09:34 AM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

Hart Foundation do you want to play on my team again?
05-05-2014 01:53 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Re: 2014 Marc Butler Memorial Golf
Count me in for the tournament. I may have a friend join me so if that throws off the pairings, no worries. TBD

For those that haven't played before, this is a good tournament, a good cause, and a great memorial.
Get your butts to Fredericksburg and take a vacation day from work. You will thank me.
05-05-2014 03:03 PM
JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU Dooks
I'll be there to celebrate Marc/OJF's life ..... he was one of my best buds over the years and I miss the hell out of him.

This is a great time, and a great tourney. I'll have the same team that's played in this for the past several years .... and, we'll be wearin' purple all day long!!!! The food is great at Brocks ... you can stroke Marc's seat as you come in the front door .... he'll be there in spirit ......
05-05-2014 11:23 PM
Advertisement

BSKB 24 Offline
All American

Bump. Tomorrow is the day, but we still have room for teams. Let 007 or me know. 1 o'clock tee time at Lees Hill in Fredericksburg. It is always a good time and a great cause. Heck, I will even lift a Diet Dr. Pepper to my brother, OJF!
06-05-2014 07:36 AM
JMUNation Offline
All American

I have taken a vacation day to play tomorrow. Looking forward to honoring a loyal Duke and an all around good guy. If you can make it, take a day off and join us. The work will still be there on Monday.
06-05-2014 09:53 PM
JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

Looking forward to seeing you guys ... and honoring Marc ..... miss the man that is, and always will be, my friend ....

He bled purple more than most .....
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 04:24 AM by JMUTEKE.)
06-06-2014 04:23 AM
JMUNation Offline
All American

A lot more than most. With Marc, it was all about family and JMU. He was so proud of both.
06-06-2014 07:33 AM
Advertisement

BSKB 24 Offline
All American

Great day today and some low scores. Teke did his usual great job of recruiting a bunch of ringers and won the tournament again with a score of 56. Nation, HMK, a friend and I shot a 61 and weren't in the money. Marc shined down on us today with absolutely beautiful weather. A great day to be a Duke. And, Mike Deane gave a great speech. Gary Clark came by and that helped make it special. Thanks to all those who made it a success.
06-06-2014 08:22 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(06-06-2014 08:22 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  Great day today and some low scores. Teke did his usual great job of recruiting a bunch of ringers and won the tournament again with a score of 56. Nation, HMK, a friend and I shot a 61 and weren't in the money. Marc shined down on us today with absolutely beautiful weather. A great day to be a Duke. And, Mike Deane gave a great speech. Gary Clark came by and that helped make it special. Thanks to all those who made it a success.

Nice to hear it went well. It's been so long since I've swung a club I wouldn't have to knock off the dust, it'd be the moss and the rust.

Great tribute to Marc, I think of him every time I see a Nascar/Daytona story (I can only imagine what his stories would have been) or the Wmgt game on the schedule. Good times. Pouring rain and all.
06-07-2014 01:13 AM
JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

LOL .... I sure didn't help much ... shoulder was screaming at me ... could barely hit the ball .... but, I did make a few wedge shots and putts. Mike Dean is hilarious .... I just about split a gut. Good to see Nation & Hart Foundation ... it had been a while ... actually too long. HMK had his name on the men's long drive when I checked it (I suppose he almost came out of his shoes on that one!), and I enjoyed lunch with 24. We hadn't chatted in a while. Stewie, Jeremy and 007 had worked hard on this tourney ..... Berry (as usual) had me in stitches ..... I got to visit with OJF's wife Carol, and the daughter-in-law (007's wife) .... they are good people, as are all the Butler clan.

One of my team mates and I have played this tourney 12 years in a row .... 3 of us were from last years team .... we play a lot of golf together .... our 4th was a very young man that I wanted to expose to JMU and it's people. It was great to realize that he had such a great time ....

For those of you who have never played in this tourney, you ought to .... Lee's Hill was in great shape and it's a very "laid back", super friendly event. The food was fantastic!!! Then again, I like food ... maybe too much!!!!

Honoring Marc made the day .... I'm sure he had something to do with the weather ... a perfect day .... couldn't have ordered up anything better .... Congrats to all who played .....

So, I did bring a 13 yo kid that's now interested in attending JMU ..... lol, he pulled up JMUSports.com on his cell phone on the way down the road .... he read for 30 minutes and asked a bunch of questions about the school and athletics ... especially the men's golf program ... he's going to be a player ... yep, no doubt. He's bleeding a lot of purple this morning ... it made me smile .... a lot ....

So .... kudos to the tourney and remembering Marc ..... miss ya bro .....
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 09:21 PM by JMUTEKE.)
06-07-2014 08:01 AM
JMUNation Offline
All American

Thanks to BSKB for being a great host. We gave it our best shot but not our best golf. 04-cheers

Those of us who knew OJF well know he was one happy man yesterday watching his family and friends enjoy golf and each other on a beautiful Friday afternoon. Ending the day at Brocks was the cherry on the sundae. I wish I could have attended the dinner. I had every intention to lift a Makers Mark and ginger in honor of the friend who was taken from us too young.

Mike Deane is a great addition to JMU athletics. Always engaging and entertaining. We are lucky to have him at JMU.

Thanks to all who played and the Butler family for orgainizing yesterdays event. For those of you that missed it, there is always next year.
06-07-2014 08:19 AM
Advertisement

jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
(06-07-2014 08:01 AM)JMUTEKE Wrote:  LOL .... I sure didn't help much ... shoulder was screaming at me ... could barely hit the ball .... but, I did make a few wedge shots and putts. Mike Dean is hilarious .... I just about split a gut. Good to see Nation & Hart Foundation ... it had been a while ... actually too long. HMK had his name on the men's long drive when I checked it (I suppose he almost came out of his shoes on that one!), and I enjoyed lunch with 24. We hadn't chatted in a while. Stewie, Jeremy and 007 had worked hard on this tourney ..... Berry (as usual) had me in stitches ..... I got to visit with OJF's wife Carol, and the daughter-in-law (007's wife) .... they are good people, as are all the Butler clan.

One of my team mates and I have played this tourney 12 years in a row .... 3 of us were from last years team .... we play a lot of golf together .... our 4th was a very young man that I wanted to expose to JMU and it's people. It was great to realize that he had such a great time ....

For those of you who have never played in this tourney, you ought to .... Lee's Hill was in great shape and it's a very "laid back", super friendly event. The food was fantastic!!! Then again, I like food ... maybe too much!!!!

Honoring Marc made the day .... I sure he had something to do with the weather ... a perfect day .... couldn't have ordered up anything better .... Congrats to all who played .....

So, I did bring a 13 yo kid that's now interested in attending JMU ..... lol, he pulled up JMUSports.com on his cell phone on the way down the road .... he read for 30 minutes and asked a bunch of questions about the school and athletics ... especially the men's golf program ... he's going to be a player ... yep, no doubt. He's bleeding a lot of purple this morning ... it made me smile .... a lot ....

So .... kudos to the tourney and remembering Marc ..... miss ya bro .....

JMUTEKE's post should be required reading for all new members of the Board about what makes JMU so special, (and remedial reading for those of us who tend toward the nasty). Now I am wishing I had gotten over my inertia and played yesterday. It's on my to do list for next year!
06-07-2014 08:25 AM
Rock House Duke Offline
1st String

If you suck at golf are you still welcome to play? I will try to make the event next year and find three dudes to join me. It would be cool to put a face to some of the usernames I see on here.
06-07-2014 10:16 AM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

(06-07-2014 10:16 AM)Rock House Duke Wrote:  If you suck at golf are you still welcome to play? I will try to make the event next year and find three dudes to join me. It would be cool to put a face to some of the usernames I see on here.

It's not about golf. It is about supporting the Dukes and socializing. Those who knew my brother know that he was larger than life. No one bled purple more than him. He ran the Fredericksburg golf tournament for years along with a couple of other fellows, Steve Berry, Stuart Sheetz and Jeremy Bullock. It was quite an honor when they named the tournament after him. We would really like to see it grow. It is a great time. So, don't worry about whether you are a scratch golfer or the winner of the horse's ass award for the worst team, we want your support.

Marc was quite a guy. I miss him every day. Wish some of you younger posters could have known him. Hyper was schooled by OJF!
06-07-2014 08:20 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-07-2014 08:20 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  Marc was quite a guy. I miss him every day. Wish some of you younger posters could have known him. Hyper was schooled by OJF!

I will always remember that night at The Library with him, FOATI & dukaholic in Boone. Drank some boots & met a guy you couldn't help but like. Even after he hit on my 22year old girlfriend.

I'm always on a field trip for some reason for this tournament. If I can get free next year that Friday, I need to drive a beer cart with some chicks or something, because I don't play a lick of golf. Would be a great tribute!
06-07-2014 09:16 PM
Advertisement

JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

Hyper was schooled ......... as was Dunk .... as was 'Holic .... as was FOATI ........ as was 007 ...... and a bunch more .........

That night in Boone was nuts .......

Damn Hyper ..... that was you???? I remember you thru a drunken .... haze ....... cool!!!!!!! I was actually sitting across the table from you and your gf for a while ...... I bailed early tho ..... hahahah ........ I remember the waitress was really into the JMU crowd ....

Hahaha .... the "beer babe" at the tourney this year was a rising Jr. at UVa ..... and pumped the hell out of some beer ....... she loved this JMU crowd .... but, who wouldn't???
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 09:41 PM by JMUTEKE.)
06-07-2014 09:29 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

The "beer babe" behind the counter at the golg course snack shop was a rising JMU Senior. She carried a keg by herself from the back to the kegerator. Blonde, beautiful and strong enough to lift a keg...what a gal!
06-08-2014 08:34 AM
JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

(06-08-2014 08:34 AM)JMUNation Wrote:  The "beer babe" behind the counter at the golg course snack shop was a rising JMU Senior. She carried a keg by herself from the back to the kegerator. Blonde, beautiful and strong enough to lift a keg...what a gal!

Yep ... she was a cutie!! I like it!!! Obviously not her first time around a keg!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 09:07 AM by JMUTEKE.)
06-08-2014 09:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.