6 Days till Baseball Season!
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Our field is ready to go!..

[Image: Bf-GE2nCYAEjZFk.jpg]

We might get temperatures above freezing here in a few days to melt some of that in time for Friday's game.
02-08-2014 06:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(02-08-2014 06:37 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Our field is ready to go!..

We might get temperatures above freezing here in a few days to melt some of that in time for Friday's game.

Here's to hoping! My hope is app doesn't underperform In atleast baseball this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-08-2014 06:50 PM
chiefsfan Offline

RE: 6 Days till Baseball Season!
(02-08-2014 06:50 PM)Check Yosef Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 06:37 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Our field is ready to go!..

Here's to hoping! My hope is app doesn't underperform In atleast baseball this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care what you do, but I'll love you forever if you guys take three games opening weekend. Baseball is the one sport the pigs are good at...and they need to be brought down to planet earth even more.
02-08-2014 06:54 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Expecting a nice 65 degrees and sunny on Friday-Sunday in Troy!02-13-banana

We play Northern Kentucky who was new to D1 last year. They went 8-47... If we don't sweep I might implode.
02-08-2014 07:57 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
TXST vs Michigan gunna be a great game.
02-08-2014 08:52 PM
Advertisement

AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

(02-08-2014 08:52 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  TXST vs Michigan gunna be a great game.

serious question. is Michigan any good at baseball? we (App) have them twice this year
02-08-2014 08:56 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-08-2014 08:56 PM)AppMtneer08 Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 08:52 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  TXST vs Michigan gunna be a great game.

serious question. is Michigan any good at baseball? we (App) have them twice this year

I don't know about this year, but they made a Super Regional a few years back, but haven't heard much from them of late.

Not near the caliber of Indiana.
02-08-2014 09:09 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
We open at Georgia on the 14th for a three game series. I think we probably will take two of those before our home opener against GA Tech on the 19th.
02-09-2014 09:46 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-09-2014 09:46 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  We open at Georgia on the 14th for a three game series. I think we probably will take two of those before our home opener against GA Tech on the 19th.

Instate schools playing each other...Preposterous!

We open with Miami...the Ohio kind. Really want to sweep that if at all possible. We really need to get off too a good start this year and take advantage of a weak nonconference schedule.
02-09-2014 01:55 PM
Advertisement

CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
Cajuns open the weekend at home with a four game series against Eastern Illinois. Got to love those snow birds. Next weekend will be our yearly series against Southern Miss, this year in Hattiesburg.
02-10-2014 10:19 AM
T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

This is best for another thread but us newbies are going to need a primer on why stAte fans hate the Hogs so much.
02-10-2014 10:59 AM
AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

(02-10-2014 10:59 AM)T-Dog Wrote:  This is best for another thread but us newbies are going to need a primer on why stAte fans hate the Hogs so much.

i'd venture to guess for the same reasons every school in NC hates UNC
02-10-2014 08:14 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-10-2014 08:14 PM)AppMtneer08 Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 10:59 AM)T-Dog Wrote:  This is best for another thread but us newbies are going to need a primer on why stAte fans hate the Hogs so much.

Not even close.

Arkansas has stated publicly since like the 1950's that Arkansas is only big enough for one Division 1 football program. They enacted a policy that they would refuse to schedule any in state program on the grounds that it would split the states fan base, and that the fan base needs to be united behind the Razorbacks.

In the 60's, we tried to become a full fledged University, and the University of Arkansas tried to get the legislature to stop us.

Arkansas led the NCAA charge in the 70's to create Division 1-AA and made sure requirements were in place to ensure we would have to play at 1-AA. They then went to the state legislature and pushed through some of the most archaic laws around regarding athletic funding to ensure our budget would never be able to match theirs.

Sometime in the 80's, when our football team was near the top of 1-AA, and the basketball team was playing well, we started a saying "How long will the hogs run?" referring to their refusal to play in state programs. In 1987, through luck, the NIT matched the two of us up in the first round in Fayetteville. The game was all that was talked about in state for a week, and we blew a big 2nd half lead and lost in triple overtime.

A few years later, we decided to become FBS, and Arkansas again attempted to make the legislature block us. During the 90's things were pretty quiet overall. We were struggling, and Arkansas had just moved to the SEC. Fast Forward to 2005. Our Women's basketball team is having a good year, and the WNIT matches us up against Arkansas. WNIT required a bidding process to decide who hosts, and we bid a crazy amount of cash and won the right to host. We were ridiculed because the only way we would make money is if 8,000 people showed up.

For the entire week, Arkansas coaches publicly told players that they had nothing to worry about playing in Jonesboro because there were more hog fans than ASU fans in Jonesboro, and they would be greeted by thousands of hog fans when the game started. Tickets for the game sold out in about a day, and ASU bought off about 2,000 extra tickets reserved for students. Our fan base treated it like a football game and tailgated before the game. Many pictures were taken of people doing bad things to Razorback hats. One of our message board posters actually photographed himself using the restroom on a hog hat.

Game time shows up. All Major LR TV Stations are in Jonesboro to cover the game live. The largest crowd in the history of ASU shows up. Arkansas players came out expecting thousands of hog fans, and got about 200 hog fans and 10,600 ASU fans who proceeded to treat them like the scum of the Earth. Immediately one of our cheerleaders ran and stole the state flag from one of their cheerleaders (They use it as a symbol) and proceeded to drag it all around the court while people stomped on it. Poor Arkansas never had a chance, they were taunted, ridiculed, and generally treated poorly for the whole game, and lost 98-84. You could tell they were shocked to get such a poor treatment in state.

Arkansas raised cane to the Sun Belt and NCAA about the way we treated them that game. And since they have informed the WNIT they will not play in the tourney if paired with an Arkansas team. (UALR got sent to California a few years ago because of this)

Arkansas still treats us as 2nd class, refuses to play us, and any time we do anything to promote the university, the try and get the legislature to stop it. Recently their AD announced publicly that all ASU fans were Razorback fans...which started a public spat. 30,000 fans watched us beat ULM on a Thursday two years ago because ULM beat Arkansas that year. Our fans unfurled a big "How Long" banner in the end zone, and after the game, several players paraded it across the field before our coaches threw a fit. Amazingly, Arkansas antics have actually turned people against them, as several of our former players have made a big deal about how they think we are the best team in the state now.

Arkansas fans think they are a the equivalent of an NFL program. Its kind of funny.
02-10-2014 11:22 PM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Unc-ch is attempting to block App from starting a medical program.
02-11-2014 05:58 AM
Ole Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Re: RE: 6 Days till Baseball Season!
(02-10-2014 11:22 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 08:14 PM)AppMtneer08 Wrote:  

Not even close.

Arkansas has stated publicly since like the 1950's that Arkansas is only big enough for one Division 1 football program. They enacted a policy that they would refuse to schedule any in state program on the grounds that it would split the states fan base, and that the fan base needs to be united behind the Razorbacks.

In the 60's, we tried to become a full fledged University, and the University of Arkansas tried to get the legislature to stop us.

Arkansas led the NCAA charge in the 70's to create Division 1-AA and made sure requirements were in place to ensure we would have to play at 1-AA. They then went to the state legislature and pushed through some of the most archaic laws around regarding athletic funding to ensure our budget would never be able to match theirs.

Sometime in the 80's, when our football team was near the top of 1-AA, and the basketball team was playing well, we started a saying "How long will the hogs run?" referring to their refusal to play in state programs. In 1987, through luck, the NIT matched the two of us up in the first round in Fayetteville. The game was all that was talked about in state for a week, and we blew a big 2nd half lead and lost in triple overtime.

A few years later, we decided to become FBS, and Arkansas again attempted to make the legislature block us. During the 90's things were pretty quiet overall. We were struggling, and Arkansas had just moved to the SEC. Fast Forward to 2005. Our Women's basketball team is having a good year, and the WNIT matches us up against Arkansas. WNIT required a bidding process to decide who hosts, and we bid a crazy amount of cash and won the right to host. We were ridiculed because the only way we would make money is if 8,000 people showed up.

For the entire week, Arkansas coaches publicly told players that they had nothing to worry about playing in Jonesboro because there were more hog fans than ASU fans in Jonesboro, and they would be greeted by thousands of hog fans when the game started. Tickets for the game sold out in about a day, and ASU bought off about 2,000 extra tickets reserved for students. Our fan base treated it like a football game and tailgated before the game. Many pictures were taken of people doing bad things to Razorback hats. One of our message board posters actually photographed himself using the restroom on a hog hat.

Game time shows up. All Major LR TV Stations are in Jonesboro to cover the game live. The largest crowd in the history of ASU shows up. Arkansas players came out expecting thousands of hog fans, and got about 200 hog fans and 10,600 ASU fans who proceeded to treat them like the scum of the Earth. Immediately one of our cheerleaders ran and stole the state flag from one of their cheerleaders (They use it as a symbol) and proceeded to drag it all around the court while people stomped on it. Poor Arkansas never had a chance, they were taunted, ridiculed, and generally treated poorly for the whole game, and lost 98-84. You could tell they were shocked to get such a poor treatment in state.

Arkansas raised cane to the Sun Belt and NCAA about the way we treated them that game. And since they have informed the WNIT they will not play in the tourney if paired with an Arkansas team. (UALR got sent to California a few years ago because of this)

Arkansas still treats us as 2nd class, refuses to play us, and any time we do anything to promote the university, the try and get the legislature to stop it. Recently their AD announced publicly that all ASU fans were Razorback fans...which started a public spat. 30,000 fans watched us beat ULM on a Thursday two years ago because ULM beat Arkansas that year. Our fans unfurled a big "How Long" banner in the end zone, and after the game, several players paraded it across the field before our coaches threw a fit. Amazingly, Arkansas antics have actually turned people against them, as several of our former players have made a big deal about how they think we are the best team in the state now.

Arkansas fans think they are a the equivalent of an NFL program. Its kind of funny.

Now the hate makes complete sense. Yeah, *** those guys.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
02-12-2014 02:20 AM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
While I agree with your stance on Arkansas being a bunch of wusses (for a lack of a better term) how you are describing your fan base it doesn't make you guys seem much better.

Cheerleaders stealing flags? Come on.
02-12-2014 08:20 AM
CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
(02-12-2014 08:20 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  While I agree with your stance on Arkansas being a bunch of wusses (for a lack of a better term) how you are describing your fan base it doesn't make you guys seem much better.

Next you'll have folks in your state wanting to make you change your name because it makes them look bad. :-)
02-12-2014 12:40 PM
Advertisement

warhawk09 Offline
1st String

If that were only the case ... Not turning this into a name thread
02-12-2014 01:04 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-12-2014 08:20 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  While I agree with your stance on Arkansas being a bunch of wusses (for a lack of a better term) how you are describing your fan base it doesn't make you guys seem much better.

If LSU ran in with the state flag instead of a school flag every game with the intended statement that they were the states team, how do you think other Louisiana schools would react?

The University of Arkansas has managed to actually turn the state flag into a symbol for something its not. Its extremely annoying, and needed to be dealt with.
02-12-2014 01:16 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

My bad ... I was reading quickly this morning and skipped over the state flag part.
02-12-2014 01:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.