Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt basketball....how's your team doing as compared....
Bookmark and Share
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Sun Belt basketball....how's your team doing as compared....
...to where you thought they'd be at this point in the season?

For me, the Cajuns seem to be pretty-well positioned at the moment. Their overall record to date is good at 10-5, they've had only one period of consecutive losses....@Arkansas and @ #23 Baylor, and now sit in the middle of the pack in conference play at 1-1.

With a Monday night game at home against Texas State, then two road games at USA and Troy, I believe the Cajuns should be able to go at least 2-1 in that stretch.

They then crank up a 4 game home stretch beginning with league-leading Georgia State, followed by WKU, UALR, and a revenge game against ULM at the CajunDome.

If all falls into place, at that point they should be at or near the top of league standings for the sprint to the conference tournament 9 games later.
01-12-2014 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
RE: Sun Belt basketball....how's your team doing as compared....
Terrible. We don't play well together as a team, it feels like five guys trying to play street ball, defense has been inconsistent to nonexistent and we can't play forty minutes of solid basketball unless it is a non-DI squad. As a result, we are always playing from behind and as a result, seem to play just well enough to lose close, no matter the opponent.
01-12-2014 10:19 AM
Atlanta Trojan Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Bad up u till this past week... With the two wins over ASU and UALR we might be a little ahead of where I thought we would be.

Last year we only won 12 games. Currently we are 7-9. Already ahead of last year.

In the SBC standings we are 5th, which is basically where I predicted us to be. But if we keep playing like we have, we can finish higher.
01-12-2014 10:38 AM
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
(01-12-2014 10:19 AM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  Terrible. We don't play well together as a team, it feels like five guys trying to play street ball, defense has been inconsistent to nonexistent and we can't play forty minutes of solid basketball unless it is a non-DI squad. As a result, we are always playing from behind and as a result, seem to play just well enough to lose close, no matter the opponent.

Sounds like our last decade under Davalos.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 11:18 AM by chrisattsu.)
01-12-2014 11:18 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
To be completely honest, I'm shocked ASU isn't 1-3 in league. Its where we deserve to be because of our horrible defense and rebounding. But we've pulled a few out of our rear in league play...what can I say.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 11:22 AM by chiefsfan.)
01-12-2014 11:21 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(01-12-2014 11:21 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  To be completely honest, I'm shocked ASU isn't 1-3 in league. Its where we deserve to be because of our horrible defense and rebounding. But we've pulled a few out of our rear in league play...what can I say.

Felt good about our start (UALR), until last night's loss to Troy. Troy is a lot better than I thought, but you can't afford to lose a home game. We have WKU and GaSt this week on the road. Hard to see us winning either of those.
01-12-2014 12:16 PM
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
UALR is where I felt like they would be at 3-1.

We have enough guard play to hold even and our 1 2 punch of bigs in Will and James is hard to deal with.

Coaching is our weak link as our talent is as good or better than the other sbc teams.
01-12-2014 12:33 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
I think for the season Western is a game under where I thought we would be. Going into the season I thought we would do no worse than split the games @Marshall and @BG with a slight chance of winning both..0-2 on the trip was a disappointment.

I thought Western would be 2-1 in conference play but with the 1 loss at Troy or USA and winning a close game at home against GSU. Since Troy entered the conference this is the first time Western made it thought that road trip without a loss.

My season prediction for conference play was 4 losses with a chance for 3...

Not lose at home and split the Alabama, Ark, Louisiana, road trips and split with GSU and sweep the TX trip...with a 20% chance of sweeping the Ark or Louisiana road games
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 01:05 PM by WKUYG.)
01-12-2014 01:03 PM
RoyK Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia
I must say I'm surprised by the panthers start but not really. I am surprised by the WKU win. WKU is my favorite to win the conference. If we could have a couple games back the 1 point loss to FIU 03-banghead, the overtime loss to Southern miss where we went cold in the OT, and the elon loss was a big letdown otherwise I'm happy with the results as the rest of the teams that beat us I expected to beat us.
01-12-2014 01:31 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
About where they were expected. I had hoped a little bit more improvement under Kasper but not shocked it won't happen overnight.
01-12-2014 02:00 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(01-12-2014 02:00 PM)slycat Wrote:  About where they were expected. I had hoped a little bit more improvement under Kasper but not shocked it won't happen overnight.

Good win last night.04-cheers
01-12-2014 02:31 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

(01-12-2014 02:31 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 02:00 PM)slycat Wrote:  About where they were expected. I had hoped a little bit more improvement under Kasper but not shocked it won't happen overnight.

Thanks. That came out of nowhere and it was awesome. Hope they found their groove and take that play forward.
01-12-2014 03:03 PM
CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana
I feel we should be undefeated in conference at this point and should have beaten Jackson state. I didn't expect to beat La Tech so that was a good win for us.
01-12-2014 05:29 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(01-12-2014 03:03 PM)slycat Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 02:31 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  

Thanks. That came out of nowhere and it was awesome. Hope they found their groove and take that play forward.

So do I, AFTER tomorrow evening.04-rock
01-12-2014 06:11 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(01-12-2014 05:29 PM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  I feel we should be undefeated in conference at this point and should have beaten Jackson state. I didn't expect to beat La Tech so that was a good win for us.

I felt the same before the ULM game, and after seeing what TxState did to them last night, feel that way even moreso. But, basketball is basketball and if a team is clickin' on all 8, they can beat just about anyone on any given night.

We came in town with them loaded for bear. Payback at the CajunDome should be fun.
01-12-2014 06:25 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
Having a new coach I expected a slow start. Not this slow though. There's not much chemistry on this team.
01-12-2014 07:56 PM
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
I think the level of disappointment for South Alabama is the same as UTA. While the preseason polls were higher, I think both fan bases are highly disappointed with what we are doing.
01-12-2014 07:58 PM
GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
(01-12-2014 07:56 PM)HCJag Wrote:  Having a new coach I expected a slow start. Not this slow though. There's not much chemistry on this team.

I agree. I was sure people were placing us too high with only 5 (that play) upper class members, 7 freshmen (one red shirting), a new system and all new coaches. (even one of the assistant coaches left before the season started) I did think we would make some progress as the year went along but I don't see any evidence of improvement at this point.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 09:51 PM by GEAGLESJAG.)
01-12-2014 09:49 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
We aren't playing as well as I expected.
01-12-2014 09:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATX Bobcat Offline
Water Engineer

Cant really complain. Rome wasn't built in a day. Our top recruit, Kavin Gilder-Tilbury is looking like a player with a nice future.
01-13-2014 02:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.