Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go Daddy Ticket Sales
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Go Daddy Ticket Sales
Down about 15 percent from last year.

3rd straight year, 5 loss team, entire coaching staff departing after game, and the fact that our ticket office for reasons unknown to all decided to close for most of the last week and a half has hurt us this year.

That and the fact that you can get a ticket through the bowl for 15 bucks (45 bucks through ASU), and still be able to sit in the ASU section by the 2nd quarter when all the locals leave.

I am not sure who at ASU is responsible for marketing the bowl this year...but they shouldn't be allowed to market any future ASU bowls.
01-02-2014 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Go Daddy Ticket Sales
(01-02-2014 12:29 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Down about 15 percent from last year.

3rd straight year, 5 loss team, entire coaching staff departing after game, and the fact that our ticket office for reasons unknown to all decided to close for most of the last week and a half has hurt us this year.

That and the fact that you can get a ticket through the bowl for 15 bucks (45 bucks through ASU), and still be able to sit in the ASU section by the 2nd quarter when all the locals leave.

I am not sure who at ASU is responsible for marketing the bowl this year...but they shouldn't be allowed to market any future ASU bowls.

It is hard to blame the people at the school. They are already guaranteed that stAte will make more money than last year, no matter what. Why bust their butts?

They will sell enough to pay expenses, and their 1/2 of the net after expenses from the New Orleans Bowl will be more than what they made last year, since they will not be subsidizing two schools who did not sell enough tickets to cover expenses.

Unless I am mistaken, each bowl school last year only cleared around $40K after expenses. Even if stAte only pays expenses with their sales, they will make more than twice that amount this year.
01-02-2014 12:40 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-02-2014 12:40 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 12:29 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Down about 15 percent from last year.

It is hard to blame the people at the school. They are already guaranteed that stAte will make more money than last year, no matter what. Why bust their butts?

They will sell enough to pay expenses, and their 1/2 of the net after expenses from the New Orleans Bowl will be more than what they made last year, since they will not be subsidizing two schools who did not sell enough tickets to cover expenses.

Unless I am mistaken, each bowl school last year only cleared around $40K after expenses. Even if stAte only pays expenses with their sales, they will make more than twice that amount this year.

Its still not really a big deal because Go Daddy only cares about the # of fans we bring, and how it looks on TV. Two years ago, we sold 3900 Tickets through ASU and roughly another 6,000 or so bought through the bowl, or had tickets given to them.

Last year, about 9500 or so traveled, but only 3400 bought tickets through ASU.

My frustration is more with our ticket office closing for the entire Christmas Break, forcing more and more late buyers to have to go through the bowl for tickets. Not to mention that you do not get a say in where you sit through ASU, and you do through the bowl.

Ball State has sold 1500, which is pretty low.
01-02-2014 12:45 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Any ideas what final attendance might look like?
01-02-2014 12:51 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
stAte will have less than 10k this year. The fans just didn't buy into this team this year. We had some bad attendance this year do to our bad play. Harsin didn't give the fans what they wanted. Marketing at ASU was also pretty bad this season also.
01-02-2014 12:57 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I thought the marketing this year was fine. When campus closed for the snow they got all over social media to let people know they were taking phone orders and online orders. The pep rally in Little Rock blew away the Little Rock media, they were stunned by the size the crowd.
01-02-2014 01:51 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(01-02-2014 12:57 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  stAte will have less than 10k this year. The fans just didn't buy into this team this year. We had some bad attendance this year do to our bad play. Harsin didn't give the fans what they wanted. Marketing at ASU was also pretty bad this season also.

Geez, its not that bad.
01-02-2014 01:57 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

(01-02-2014 01:57 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 12:57 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  stAte will have less than 10k this year. The fans just didn't buy into this team this year. We had some bad attendance this year do to our bad play. Harsin didn't give the fans what they wanted. Marketing at ASU was also pretty bad this season also.

Geez, its not that bad.
Not at all. Marketing was fine and attendance was very good.
01-02-2014 03:21 PM
jag313 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: South Alabama
I'll be honest as a fan I could not imagine having 5 coaches in 5 years. The continued success over that time speaks a lot for the foundation that has been set at ASU.
01-02-2014 03:37 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-02-2014 03:37 PM)jag313 Wrote:  I'll be honest as a fan I could not imagine having 5 coaches in 5 years. The continued success over that time speaks a lot for the foundation that has been set at ASU.

I don't think any of us can imagine it either. Being in Mobile for a 3rd straight year is a huge help. this is our 4th game at Ladd Peebles in the last three years. Its nice to know the routine, and the area. Gives us the opportunity to give more freedom to the players without worrying about them getting in trouble.

Its a far cry to year 1 when a couple players were almost late for the team bus to the game.

Thanks to South Alabama for letting us use your football practice facilities this year as well...
01-02-2014 03:43 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
(01-02-2014 12:29 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  That and the fact that you can get a ticket through the bowl for 15 bucks (45 bucks through ASU), and still be able to sit in the ASU section by the 2nd quarter when all the locals leave.

That right there is one of the big problems with bowls. They require an insane amount of ticket purchases by the schools. Most can meet them, partly because they can find cheaper options, and the schools are then left holding the bag, or more accurately, subsidizing the salaries of the bowl executives.
01-02-2014 03:47 PM
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(01-02-2014 03:21 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  

Geez, its not that bad.

Marketing was no where near what we had when Gus was here. I went to a couple of games this year where the upper East side was lacking. Last season saw the upper East side full. Harsin was a let down and the fans didn't show up like they did for the previous two coaches. I know of people who attend every home game that missed several this season.
01-02-2014 03:47 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(01-02-2014 03:47 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  

Geez, its not that bad.

Marketing was no where near what we had when Gus was here. I went to a couple of games this year where the upper East side was lacking. Last season saw the upper East side full. Harsin was a let down and the fans didn't show up like they did for the previous two coaches. I know of people who attend every home game that missed several this season.

After the Memphis game the only marketing that would have done any good would have been, "Go ahead and come out, don't worry he'll be gone at the end of the year."
01-02-2014 05:48 PM
CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana
(01-02-2014 03:47 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 12:29 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  That and the fact that you can get a ticket through the bowl for 15 bucks (45 bucks through ASU), and still be able to sit in the ASU section by the 2nd quarter when all the locals leave.

That right there is one of the big problems with bowls. They require an insane amount of ticket purchases by the schools. Most can meet them, partly because they can find cheaper options, and the schools are then left holding the bag, or more accurately, subsidizing the salaries of the bowl executives.

for the New Orleans bowl you couldn't buy tickets from ticket masters until late and by then the Cajun fans had bought all the good seats through the school. Just another reason why we didn't want to play in Mobile. Ball State 1500 tickets smh.
01-02-2014 06:30 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(01-02-2014 05:48 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 03:47 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  

Geez, its not that bad.

After the Memphis game the only marketing that would have done any good would have been, "Go ahead and come out, don't worry he'll be gone at the end of the year."

You are right. The Memphis game was a huge reason fans lost interest.
01-02-2014 06:52 PM
RustonCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte/Latech
Sunday late night game hurts too
01-02-2014 08:50 PM
Advertisement

Rik Flair Offline
Special Teams

Down in Mobile. Cold. Went out last night saw lots of stAte fans, not a single one from Ball St. Think we will have 8 or 9k. I am fine with that under all the previously mentioned circumstances. Hotels and restaurants will be happy again.

45 thru ASU instead of 15 is bad but if you're going to drive 8 hours and spend $$ for hotels, food etc., you ought cough up the extra cash for the school
01-03-2014 09:47 AM
chiefsfan Offline

I bought a ticket, but I wont be able to make it down this year. Stupid Weather. The idea of driving 7 hours Monday in 10 degree weather with snow potentially on the ground just is not worth it,
01-03-2014 05:58 PM
gostAte870 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(01-03-2014 05:58 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I bought a ticket, but I wont be able to make it down this year. Stupid Weather. The idea of driving 7 hours Monday in 10 degree weather with snow potentially on the ground just is not worth it,

Awww homie, should've road down with me. We held off till early this morning once it was obvious that it wasn't going to be that bad here in Central Arkansas. Unfortunately, I missed out on a lot of fun last night, but we're here for the game. It'll be a high of 19 degrees in Little Rock tomorrow afternoon, but at least there will be no snow and ice on the roads when I get back.
01-05-2014 03:17 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-05-2014 03:17 PM)gostAte870 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:58 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I bought a ticket, but I wont be able to make it down this year. Stupid Weather. The idea of driving 7 hours Monday in 10 degree weather with snow potentially on the ground just is not worth it,

Awww homie, should've road down with me. We held off till early this morning once it was obvious that it wasn't going to be that bad here in Central Arkansas. Unfortunately, I missed out on a lot of fun last night, but we're here for the game. It'll be a high of 19 degrees in Little Rock tomorrow afternoon, but at least there will be no snow and ice on the roads when I get back.

I'm in Jonesboro. We got quite a bit of rain this morning before the temperatures dropped, so there is no guarantee of having clear roads.

I also halfway stayed to watch the chiefs playoff game yesterday. I turned the game off early 3rd quarter because I knew what was going to happen before it happened. Turned out staying may have been a bad decision in that regard.

Oh well.
01-05-2014 03:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.