http://kpel965.com/record-attendance-exp...nola-bowl/
12-19-2013 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: NOLA Bowl attendance....
(12-19-2013 09:20 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  We have already surpassed last years record.02-13-banana

http://kpel965.com/record-attendance-exp...nola-bowl/

Congrats now beat Tulame!
12-19-2013 09:22 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
Hello! We ULL has exceeded last years record. Sorry Tulane University of Louisiana and ULL have exceeded last years record ticket sales for the New Orleans Bowl.
12-19-2013 11:33 PM
Shof Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cajuns
(12-19-2013 11:33 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Hello! We ULL has exceeded last years record. Sorry Tulane University of Louisiana and ULL have exceeded last years record ticket sales for the New Orleans Bowl.

No one is arguing that its just the Cajuns that broke the record again. The past two years; sure, but we all knew that playing a team closer to New Orleans than SDSU or ECU would help push the attendance even higher since fans would be better postured to travel to the game. Had it been another far off (East coast/West coast) team, we would only be talking attendance in the 40's again most likely. I'm glad the Tulane faithful are coming out to make this a memorable game, and perhaps a top 10 bowl game attendance wise. 04-cheers
12-20-2013 09:44 AM
Buzz Lightyear Lite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TROY
(12-20-2013 09:44 AM)Shof Wrote:  
(12-19-2013 11:33 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Hello! We ULL has exceeded last years record. Sorry Tulane University of Louisiana and ULL have exceeded last years record ticket sales for the New Orleans Bowl.

No one is arguing that its just the Cajuns that broke the record again. The past two years; sure, but we all knew that playing a team closer to New Orleans than SDSU or ECU would help push the attendance even higher since fans would be better postured to travel to the game. Had it been another far off (East coast/West coast) team, we would only be talking attendance in the 40's again most likely. I'm glad the Tulane faithful are coming out to make this a memorable game, and perhaps a top 10 bowl game attendance wise. 04-cheers

this is good for the Belt.....and UL.....of course......the bowl with Tulane and you guys should be a top 10 or close in attendance.....I hope you put on a good show for the Belt and yourselves.......when people turn on the tube particularly those early bowl games which in general mean very little but they see a huge crowd into it......it gets the attention of those viewers......I know you want to blow em out.....but I really am hoping for a pretty close game with UL winning of course......would be just a good advertisement for the conference......kind of want it close with you guys winning convincingly in the mid fourth.......good luck...
12-20-2013 10:05 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Whats the Super Domes capacity? This is an impressive turnout.
12-20-2013 10:08 AM
Advertisement

CajunFan89 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UL
(12-20-2013 10:08 AM)slycat Wrote:  Whats the Super Domes capacity? This is an impressive turnout.

a hair over 70k I believe
12-20-2013 10:26 AM
Shof Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cajuns
(12-20-2013 10:05 AM)Buzz Lightyear Lite Wrote:  

this is good for the Belt.....and UL.....of course......the bowl with Tulane and you guys should be a top 10 or close in attendance.....I hope you put on a good show for the Belt and yourselves.......when people turn on the tube particularly those early bowl games which in general mean very little but they see a huge crowd into it......it gets the attention of those viewers......I know you want to blow em out.....but I really am hoping for a pretty close game with UL winning of course......would be just a good advertisement for the conference......kind of want it close with you guys winning convincingly in the mid fourth.......good luck...

I hope we get our act back together as well. I'm certain (like any other team) our seniors don't want to go out on a losing note. I hope they can bring some fire; and as many of our fans have stated, bring the pressure defensively. We do that, and we can win this game going away. 05-mafia
12-20-2013 10:50 AM
Louisianafanrcajun90 Offline
1st String

Don't give the Geenies too much credit. The fact they can get 15,000 to a home bowl game doesn't shed them in a great light. I'm sure some of that number will be wishy washy folks with nothing better to do. It is an amazing chance for us to show, we deliver the NOLA market better than Tulane. That should get some other conferences thinking we would be a great add.
12-20-2013 02:25 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana

Actually if TooLame had really done it's part the record would be approaching the stadium limit of 72K.

Spin it anyway you like dude, but the sea of red will have very few zones of green algae.
12-20-2013 02:45 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
Hello We did our part. Did you see the sea of Tulane Green Wave alumni and supporters flooding the home team side of the Dome, more than the 200 Tulane fans that you predicted at every Tulane home game. They were waving their olive green and sky blue shakers the entire game. Did you see Tulane alumni and supporters second line with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band waving handkerchiefs and umbrellas from the Tulane private club off Champion Square to the Superdome. Awesome!
12-23-2013 11:54 PM
Advertisement

1st String

(12-23-2013 11:54 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Hello We did our part. Did you see the sea of Tulane Green Wave alumni and supporters flooding the home team side of the Dome, more than the 200 Tulane fans that you predicted at every Tulane home game. They were waving their olive green and sky blue shakers the entire game. Did you see Tulane alumni and supporters second line with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band waving handkerchiefs and umbrellas from the Tulane private club off Champion Square to the Superdome. Awesome!

There was no sea of green. More like a lake of about 8,000 people. Many were boyscouts. We had 45,000 plus in your own stadium. It was a pretty pathetic showing.
12-24-2013 12:04 AM
SlickRick12 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
I don't know how many Toolame fans were there, but if I had to guess 10-12K. They were loud, I'll give them that, but probably because they were not out tailgating all day like most of the Cajun fans. It looked like we had more fans there than last year, so yeah...I'd guess 40-45K. Its harder to estimate when you have that many!!!
12-24-2013 12:08 AM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(12-23-2013 11:54 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Hello We did our part. Did you see the sea of Tulane Green Wave alumni and supporters flooding the home team side of the Dome, more than the 200 Tulane fans that you predicted at every Tulane home game. They were waving their olive green and sky blue shakers the entire game. Did you see Tulane alumni and supporters second line with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band waving handkerchiefs and umbrellas from the Tulane private club off Champion Square to the Superdome. Awesome!

A freaking embarrassment! Who cares about your private parties, there was thousands of UL fans around the quarter this weekend. You had maybe 10-12K on the bottom level at best, a freaking joke for a so-called AAC big time program!03-lmfao
12-24-2013 12:56 AM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
Who cares who brought more fans they both saw the Sun Belt win.
12-24-2013 04:14 AM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
(12-24-2013 04:14 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  Who cares who brought more fans they both saw the Sun Belt win.

Didn't you know, everything is a peeing contest if Cajun fans on this board are involved.
12-24-2013 08:55 AM
Advertisement

1st String

(12-24-2013 08:55 AM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  
(12-24-2013 04:14 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  Who cares who brought more fans they both saw the Sun Belt win.

Didn't you know, everything is a peeing contest if Cajun fans on this board are involved.

How did UTA do in football this year?03-lmfao
12-24-2013 09:16 AM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
Undefeated since 1985
12-24-2013 09:19 AM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta

well, I dont know the actual numbers, but watching the game I did get the sense that one side of the stadium was rooting for tulane and the other side for U-laf. I thought that was cool and helped make it an exciting game to watch. the U-lafers seemed louder, so must have been more of em. I'm glad they won and continue to bring cred. to the belt.
12-24-2013 09:21 AM
HoustonCajun Offline
Special Teams

(12-24-2013 09:21 AM)runamuck Wrote:  

well, I dont know the actual numbers, but watching the game I did get the sense that one side of the stadium was rooting for tulane and the other side for U-laf. I thought that was cool and helped make it an exciting game to watch. the U-lafers seemed louder, so must have been more of em. I'm glad they won and continue to bring cred. to the belt.

How/why is UT Arl in our conference anyway? They certainly don't bring the Dallas market and they don't play football. When they did in the past, they played in a high school stadium. I know because I went to a couple of games there. The SBC should be all sports schools ONLY.
12-24-2013 12:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.