Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NMSU beats UNM
Bookmark and Share
NMSTFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: New Mexico St
NMSU beats UNM
Why won't sunbelt add us in all sports? We are the most known school and we are ranked the highest out of anyone in the conference. NMSU would be a great add. Js no matter how bad Appy St fans claim we are. We Have a bigger brand. Because We Are New Mexico State!
12-18-2013 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
RE: NMSU beats UNM
(12-18-2013 11:51 AM)NMSTFan Wrote:  Why won't sunbelt add us in all sports? We are the most known school and we are ranked the highest out of anyone in the conference. NMSU would be a great add. Js no matter how bad Appy St fans claim we are. We Have a bigger brand. Because We Are New Mexico State!

[Image: make-it-so-o.gif]
12-18-2013 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(12-18-2013 11:51 AM)NMSTFan Wrote:  Why won't sunbelt add us in all sports? We are the most known school and we are ranked the highest out of anyone in the conference. NMSU would be a great add. Js no matter how bad Appy St fans claim we are. We Have a bigger brand. Because We Are New Mexico State!

I disagree that you are the most known school and that you have a bigger brand.

I do think that an all sports add would be wise, though.
12-18-2013 11:54 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

The answer is...Ask Karl Benson.
12-18-2013 12:16 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(12-18-2013 12:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

The answer is...The Presidents.

FIFY
12-18-2013 12:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NMSTFan Offline
Bench Warmer

We have said we wanted to join in all sports. He said no. That's why I ask why? And for the record I belive NMSU, Ark St, UL, Tx St are all bigger brands that we can I use to better our conference
12-18-2013 12:22 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama

Ok. You convinced me. You're in. Congrats.
12-18-2013 12:25 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-18-2013 12:22 PM)NMSTFan Wrote:  We have said we wanted to join in all sports. He said no. That's why I ask why? And for the record I belive NMSU, Ark St, UL, Tx St are all bigger brands that we can I use to better our conference

At last word, you guys had support out of the Western based members. It was our friends to the East who didn't like the idea of Olympic Sports in Las Cruces.

Unfortunately, we practice democracy in the SBC.
12-18-2013 12:33 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(12-18-2013 12:33 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 12:22 PM)NMSTFan Wrote:  We have said we wanted to join in all sports. He said no. That's why I ask why? And for the record I belive NMSU, Ark St, UL, Tx St are all bigger brands that we can I use to better our conference

At last word, you guys had support out of the Western based members. It was our friends to the East who didn't like the idea of Olympic Sports in Las Cruces.

I dont think people who voted against are aware of flight time.
12-18-2013 12:35 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-18-2013 12:35 PM)panama Wrote:  

Most of the Western schools played with NMSU n the Belt for a few years. We're aware of flight time. We played conference games in Denver for years. Its not a big deal over here.

It would be a big deal in the East though.
12-18-2013 12:38 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(12-18-2013 12:38 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 12:35 PM)panama Wrote:  

Most of the Western schools played with NMSU n the Belt for a few years. We're aware of flight time. We played conference games in Denver for years. Its not a big deal over here.

It would be a big deal in the East though.

Its just one more Texas trip
12-18-2013 12:45 PM
Advertisement

BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Yep that's it. Us App State fans just hate NMSU so much. 01-wingedeagle
12-18-2013 12:47 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-18-2013 12:47 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Yep that's it. Us App State fans just hate NMSU so much. 01-wingedeagle

Glad you understand that its all your fault! 02-13-banana
12-18-2013 01:46 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
NMSU beats UNM

While I personally want NMSU in all sports I think you're talking out of your own ass. Just because you all have the states name attached to your schools' doesn't mean you have a larger brand, i.e. Ark st competes with u of ark for whole footprint, apps biggest competitor for the west nc footprint is wake forest; a team that isn't considered very good for football in west nc and football is king on this side of the state... That being said I wouldn't argue the point of NMSU being good at basketball that's just silly because app is straight garbage at basketball so we have no room to talk about skill level in bball but you're pretty dang bad right now in football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-18-2013 02:10 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
I like NMSU for all Sports and also add Missouri St for all sports and then show Idaho the door. Then find a eastern school like EKU for Football only. (Sorry Idaho I have nothing against you just geography.)
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 02:12 PM by Georgia_Power_Company.)
12-18-2013 02:12 PM
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
As a Texas State fan, I would welcome you as a full member of the league.
However, if you want to bribe us, you can send us your 7-footers. Our basketball team needs some big men for the paint
12-18-2013 03:14 PM
Advertisement

NMSTFan Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-18-2013 02:10 PM)Check Yosef Wrote:  

While I personally want NMSU in all sports I think you're talking out of your own ass. Just because you all have the states name attached to your schools' doesn't mean you have a larger brand, i.e. Ark st competes with u of ark for whole footprint, apps biggest competitor for the west nc footprint is wake forest; a team that isn't considered very good for football in west nc and football is king on this side of the state... That being said I wouldn't argue the point of NMSU being good at basketball that's just silly because app is straight garbage at basketball so we have no room to talk about skill level in bball but you're pretty dang bad right now in football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do indeed have one of the biggest brands just because we are competing with UNM for number 1. MWC vs Sun Belt right now the mwc looks better because of it's "team brands" but I truly rather be in the Sun Belt I believe we can start something new. With the add of NMSU you potentially get unclaimed territory in NM invading MWC/CUSA territory. They rejected Las Cruces because of UTEP and UNM however Las Cruces has a huge potential we are rapidly growing. We even recently added a Spaceport outside our county. Who should be sending money our way. Not to mention we could potentially bring the NM Bowl. Well for us anyways as I know if NMSU was bowl eligible we wouldn't have to worry about the Sun Belt bowls as the NM bowl was created for both UNM and NMSU when it was created.
12-18-2013 04:44 PM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta

I dont think the university has asked for an all sports invite..I would be glad if they did bring all their sports in tho.
12-18-2013 04:45 PM
NMSTFan Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-18-2013 04:45 PM)runamuck Wrote:  

I dont think the university has asked for an all sports invite..I would be glad if they did bring all their sports in tho.

Actually we had a meeting and everything. We even came out publicly and admitted we wanted a all sports invite. Karl benson said no
12-18-2013 05:03 PM
NuMexAg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
As someone posted above - it was the presidents who said no, not Karl Benson. I understand that Benson was in favor of adding NMSU for all sports.

I also understand that not all the eastern schools were against adding us - and not all the western schools were for it. Kind of surprised me.

Happy to be on board for football. Can't wait!
12-18-2013 10:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.