Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Which SBC Team Will Be The 1st To Make The Top 25?
Louisiana
ULM
Ga State
Ga Southern
App State
Troy
U. Of New Mexico
Idaho
USA
Arkansas State
Texas State
[Show Results]

CFB [POLL] - Who'll be our first Top 25 Team?
Bookmark and Share
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Okay, so SBC football is on the rise. That being the case, which school in our conference will be the first to deliver a Top 25 major poll rating? Just for fun of course ;-)
12-09-2013 09:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

RE: CFB [POLL] - Who'll be our first Top 25 Team?
Yeah, I "homered" this poll unabashedly...
12-09-2013 09:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
go stAte Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: AState
(12-09-2013 09:09 PM)airtroop Wrote:  Okay, so SBC football is on the rise. That being the case, which school in our conference will be the first to deliver a Top 25 major poll rating? Just for fun of course ;-)

I voted for stAte of course.

Might want to change the UNM to NMSU.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 09:15 PM by go stAte.)
12-09-2013 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Everybody vote for yourself!
12-09-2013 09:18 PM
txstatebobcat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas State
(12-09-2013 09:09 PM)airtroop Wrote:  Okay, so SBC football is on the rise. That being the case, which school in our conference will be the first to deliver a Top 25 major poll rating? Just for fun of course ;-)

Hard to say. If the cajuns hadn't crapped the bed a couple of times this season, I think they would've made it this year. I know they are losing Broadway and you don't lose a QB like that and think everything will be honky dory.

I think that TxSt has a chance at the top 25 in 2015. The offense that was made up mainly of freshmen and sophomores will all be juniors and seniors by that time. The defense, if it can find replacements at the D-line in 2014, should be decent as well.
12-09-2013 09:20 PM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-09-2013 09:14 PM)go stAte Wrote:  Might want to change the UNM to NMSU.

Oh crap... dunno how to edit the poll. Sorry NMSU brothers & sisters!!!
12-09-2013 09:20 PM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
I restricted myself to schools other than my own.
12-09-2013 09:22 PM
go stAte Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: AState
(12-09-2013 09:22 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  I restricted myself to schools other than my own.

Didn't have the discipline to do that myself, but probably would make this a little more accurate assessment.
12-09-2013 09:32 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-09-2013 09:32 PM)go stAte Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 09:22 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  I restricted myself to schools other than my own.

Didn't have the discipline to do that myself, but probably would make this a little more accurate assessment.

If I were forced to pick someone other than GS I would have to give the nod to App St. They have tremendous name recognition due the that win over Michigan and they are a beast of a recruiter. Plus since most polls are human polls those two aforementioned facts coupled with a really good record should just about do the trick.
12-09-2013 09:45 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-09-2013 09:20 PM)txstatebobcat Wrote:  

Hard to say. If the cajuns hadn't crapped the bed a couple of times this season, I think they would've made it this year. I know they are losing Broadway and you don't lose a QB like that and think everything will be honky dory.

I think that TxSt has a chance at the top 25 in 2015. The offense that was made up mainly of freshmen and sophomores will all be juniors and seniors by that time. The defense, if it can find replacements at the D-line in 2014, should be decent as well.

Broadway is a junior so he will be back.
12-09-2013 10:01 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
(12-09-2013 09:45 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  

If I were forced to pick someone other than GS I would have to give the nod to App St. They have tremendous name recognition due the that win over Michigan and they are a beast of a recruiter. Plus since most polls are human polls those two aforementioned facts coupled with a really good record should just about do the trick.

I have also been impressed with App St.'s recruiting coming into the FBS, good things to come from them.
12-09-2013 10:01 PM
Advertisement

Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Shoulda given two votes, one so we could all fanboy and the other for real thought 03-razz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-09-2013 10:15 PM
txstatebobcat Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-09-2013 10:01 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

Well, I stand corrected. Then I think you guys should have a decent chance next year depending on how many people you have coming back. Cajuns would have to go undefeated in SBC play though and I'm not sure you guys are up to it.
12-10-2013 12:54 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(12-10-2013 12:54 AM)txstatebobcat Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 10:01 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

Well, I stand corrected. Then I think you guys should have a decent chance next year depending on how many people you have coming back. Cajuns would have to go undefeated in SBC play though and I'm not sure you guys are up to it.

Yes, Broadway will be a senior next year. Alonzo Harris will be back and McGuire is just a freshman.

Until we play much better defense I don't see the Cajuns making the top 25. I'll go out on a limb and say AppState will be the first. I like what their program has done in the past and think they'll do it bigger and better in the future.
12-10-2013 07:45 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
I think Arkansas St or UL-L. You either have to be undefeated or have years of sustained success. I think that stAte and ULL have had years of sustained success to where now they could have a couple losses against good competition and still get into the Top25.
12-10-2013 08:29 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
G Southern. If they dont screw things up with early season loses, they proven big games can be won. Maybe not next year but soon
12-10-2013 08:59 AM
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-10-2013 08:59 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  G Southern. If they dont screw things up with early season loses, they proven big games can be won. Maybe not next year but soon

I hope you are correct but to do it GS will have to have smart OOC scheduling like one winnable P5 game, two respectable G5 games and one FCS.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 09:04 AM by Georgia_Power_Company.)
12-10-2013 09:04 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-09-2013 09:45 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  

George bush still had a year left in office when that happened. Think it's time to let that go. Sound like when cajun fans talk about beating A&M in 1996. Those seniors for App st in that game are almost 30 years old now. The human polls will not take into account what an fcs move up did 7,8,9 10 years ago. In this conference you will have to prove it on the field without a doubt. You will have to pass the eye test. You will have to beat a team or 2 from power 5. Not just win, beat them. You can't be plus 7 in turnover margin, they will say it's a fluke. Teams like bama, lsu, Ohio state get benefit of the doubt, not us.
12-10-2013 09:10 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

UL if Braodway comes back healthy
12-10-2013 09:23 AM
SkullyMaroo Offline

Like I said before last season, it's taken this long, why not USA? It could really be anyone. It's going to take beating a P5 team and probably convincingly along with blowing away your other competition to get there. It is hard to forecast which team it will be though.
12-10-2013 09:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.