Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I see the whining has begun across the street
Bookmark and Share
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
I see the whining has begun across the street
UNT: The HOD was tied to the BIG 10's #7 team. C-USA didn't come close to getting a comparable opponent for the HOD. We got stuck with the MWC West's #4 team. Why didn't C-USA land one of the extra teams from the ACC or PAC 12 for the HOD?

I can't believe we got stuck playing UNLV. What a disappointment.

From the BIG 10 #7 to the MWC West's #4.

Are any other C-USA bowl teams getting screwed with their opponents?

ECU: Yeah looks like ECU is going to get the worst bowl matchup of all the CUSA teams. Our crappy end allowed this to happen sadly.

Horrible date, horrible time, and likely horrible opponent. I'm not going but I'll have to take a half day of work just to watch the stupid game live.

It's a baseball field in a dome. That's what's wrong. What makes it worse is a dome in FLORIDA. It's one of the first bowl games, against the MAC. St. Pete is like in the worst part of Tampa.

And to make matters worse ECU fans will likely stay away from this game in droves and cost us financially. Just the worst possible case scenario all around.

Here's one that got moved to the smack forum, wonder why?03-lmfao03-lmfao

BoB bowl: ECU vs Ohio

I hope after all the **** SJ and others gave us for losing to Ohio that thy kick the crap out of you guys. F this go conference stuff, you might as well be AAC now so I hope you lose. And I don't even like Ohio, in fact I hate them, but I'll be rooting for the bobkittens on that Monday afternoon!!!
12-08-2013 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: I see the whining has begun across the street
Why do the Greenie fans care who they play? Only about 50,000 people nationally will watch the game on TV since they are opposite the Capital One, Outback, and Gator Bowls that day and on ESPNU.
12-08-2013 07:10 PM
Redwolves06 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Oh, more threads about the cusa. And you do realize how much whining has been done on here in the past week right? It's been unbearable...
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 07:23 PM by Redwolves06.)
12-08-2013 07:22 PM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(12-08-2013 07:22 PM)Redwolves06 Wrote:  Oh, more threads about the cusa. And you do realize how much whining has been done on here in the past week right? It's been unbearable...

There was a good bit of whining (I'd actually call it hysterics) after stAte dropped that game to WKU and the fear that you guys would be left out of a bowl. I understood the reaction to the feeling of being cheated though I didn't understand the feeling of being cheated as I saw no evidence of it taking place. In the end, stAte got their much-deserved bowl.

I'm still not convinced that WKU won't bowl this year though they seem resigned to not making the cut.

C-USA intrigues me. With the exception of a few former Belt member posters over there, they're superior in every way to the Belt.....more prestigious, shall we say.

They're certainly placing more teams in bowls this year and should be very pleased about that.....but they're generally not. They deserve better.

It all reminds me the NCAA basketball playoffs and how some teams get all bent out of shape about their seeding in the tournament. They deserved a higher seeding, dammit! What was the committee thinking???

They usually lose that first game.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 07:34 PM by CajunFanatico.)
12-08-2013 07:32 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
As our AD Terry Mohajir wisely said. "Any bowl game is a good one."
12-08-2013 07:35 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Did any 6-6 team from a non-AQ conference get a bowl bid?
12-08-2013 08:09 PM
freshtop Online
All American

I Root For: WKU
That looks like 1st World problems to me, and I would love to have them right now. I am sure that Troy, USA, Texas St., and ULM would all agree with me.
12-08-2013 08:59 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(12-08-2013 08:59 PM)freshtop Wrote:  That looks like 1st World problems to me, and I would love to have them right now. I am sure that Troy, USA, Texas St., and ULM would all agree with me.

I'd take Detroit at this point lolol.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 09:25 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
12-08-2013 09:24 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-08-2013 08:09 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Did any 6-6 team from a non-AQ conference get a bowl bid?

A 7-6 Colorado State made it, but that was it.

San Jose State
FAU
Central Michigan
Troy
ULM
USA
Texas State

All of those finished 6-6 and were left out. A 7-5 Toledo and 8-4 WKU were the only 7+ win teams left out.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 09:48 PM by chiefsfan.)
12-08-2013 09:47 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-08-2013 07:35 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  As our AD Terry Mohajir wisely said. "Any bowl game is a good one."

This!!
12-11-2013 12:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.