I'm an Eagle's fan but I moved to TX 3 decades ago to get away from that mess
12-08-2013 03:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
RE: Anyone watching the Eagles game?
Watching the game just... HURTS me.

Still blows my mind that folks are paying several hundred dollars to sit there in that weather.
12-08-2013 03:58 PM
Advertisement

bamaEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
Anyone watching the Eagles game?
Saw a picture from the press box and they could barely see the outlines of the players. Glad I live in the south.
12-08-2013 05:00 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-08-2013 05:00 PM)bamaEagle Wrote:  Saw a picture from the press box and they could barely see the outlines of the players. Glad I live in the south.

I do to

*Goes to stare out window at the 3 inches of ice on the ground, sigh's and walks back to the computer*
12-08-2013 07:51 PM
Pike51 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
My freshman year of college, I started 2 games for the small Kentucky school I was at. One of those was a late season game at Georgetown College. It was 12 degrees and snowing... heavily. Georgetown didn't have much in the way of snow removal resources so they just kept painting the lines on the field with day-glo orange spray paint and trying to shovel as much as possible from the goal lines.

Being a lineman, I was informed that we didn't wear sleeves or leggings (tough guy mistake #1)... also, as a center, I wasn't permitted to wear a glove on my snapping hand (they weren't as good as they are today). I played every snap and froze my arse off. We didn't have heaters or those giant overcoats. It went a little better once I lost all feeling in my feet but my hands were so cold. We had a guy break his arm and not know it until the bus ride home because he couldn't feel it until he had warmed up enough.
12-09-2013 02:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.