Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Losing really sucks
Bookmark and Share
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Losing really sucks
I'm glad the Cajuns don't have a lot of experience with it this season and hope they can make a recovery before we play Tulane.

I've said a number of times here that good teams spring back from adversity and find a way to win. The Cajuns are not a very good team right now. Honestly, I've been concerned about their performance for a number of weeks now, probably starting with that NMSU game.

Congrats to USA for getting bowl eligible this year and salvaging something from what was surely a disappointing season for your team. Congrats also to stAte for winning a share of the conference crown....and good luck in the GoDaddy Bowl.

And congrats to WKU as well. You guys did much better the second half of the season than I believed you would. I still think you're going to go bowling.

It's been a really interesting season in the Belt and I look forward to the bowl games and next year. I see the Belt being even more competitive next year, and that's saying something because there was plenty of parity this year. It'll be fun watching the new teams coming in and seeing how they perform.

Thanks to all you guys who have made this place enjoyable for me and who have taught me some new stuff about college football.
12-07-2013 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cleburneslim Offline
1st String

I Root For: jax state
RE: Losing really sucks
I wouldn't know JAX ST. Is in the elite eight.
12-07-2013 10:54 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-07-2013 10:54 PM)cleburneslim Wrote:  I wouldn't know JAX ST. Is in the elite eight.

I am glad to see you are competing well in the North Dakota State invitational tournament.
12-07-2013 10:55 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
classy post amigo. i've truly enjoyed 'game night' in the sunbelt as well this year.

i also enjoyed your take on the games and the conference.

i've said before ima miss this board next year. i'll still stalk it for sure on game nights even though they won't impact western.

hated seeing the cajuns falter down the stretch. the conference needs/needed a tough team at the top.

(12-07-2013 10:46 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  I'm glad the Cajuns don't have a lot of experience with it this season and hope they can make a recovery before we play Tulane.

I've said a number of times here that good teams spring back from adversity and find a way to win. The Cajuns are not a very good team right now. Honestly, I've been concerned about their performance for a number of weeks now, probably starting with that NMSU game.

Congrats to USA for getting bowl eligible this year and salvaging something from what was surely a disappointing season for your team. Congrats also to stAte for winning a share of the conference crown....and good luck in the GoDaddy Bowl.

And congrats to WKU as well. You guys did much better the second half of the season than I believed you would. I still think you're going to go bowling.

It's been a really interesting season in the Belt and I look forward to the bowl games and next year. I see the Belt being even more competitive next year, and that's saying something because there was plenty of parity this year. It'll be fun watching the new teams coming in and seeing how they perform.

Thanks to all you guys who have made this place enjoyable for me and who have taught me some new stuff about college football.
12-07-2013 10:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
(12-07-2013 10:54 PM)cleburneslim Wrote:  I wouldn't know JAX ST. Is in the elite eight.

While I still enjoy the FCS playoffs, you're statement has nothing to do with the OP. (or the SBC)
12-07-2013 10:57 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Losing really sucks
I hate the Cajuns went down like that but I am willing to accept AState's share of a third straight title.
12-07-2013 10:59 PM
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(12-07-2013 10:59 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  I hate the Cajuns went down like that but I am willing to accept AState's share of a third straight title.

you're the new troy!
12-07-2013 11:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-07-2013 10:57 PM)CatMom Wrote:  

While I still enjoy the FCS playoffs, you're statement has nothing to do with the OP. (or the SBC)

Actually Catmon, his statement does roll nicely into my original line of thinking. I didn't address the issue of smack talk in my post but now's as good a time as any to mention it.

I understand completely the urge on the part of some to kick others when they're down.....and especially kick them before the game is ever even played, but boy, one must pay a serious price in embarrassment when things go against you, and they invariably do.

Jax State might win it all this year, in which case cleburneslim will probably be back touting his team. But if they lose, I bet he'll disappear like a fart in a stiff breeze off the Atlantic.

Personally, I'd rather forego the smack talk and stick around to talk sports without all the embarrassment of having looked like a fool.

I can do that just fine without the smack talk.03-banghead
12-07-2013 11:08 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Well, at least Huds will definitely be back next season.
12-07-2013 11:09 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-07-2013 11:09 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Well, at least Huds will definitely be back next season.

Yup. I can imagine more than one thinking, "let's just draw a line through his name".
12-07-2013 11:12 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
I totally AGREE with CajunFanaticos last post! Why cant we just talk sports and leave the smack and other garbage to somebody else.
12-07-2013 11:16 PM
Advertisement

Usajags Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(12-07-2013 10:46 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  I'm glad the Cajuns don't have a lot of experience with it this season and hope they can make a recovery before we play Tulane.

Thanks for the kind words, thanks for coming to Mobile. I am very happy with the season we have had, also know that we missed a great opportunity to shock the world this year.
12-07-2013 11:17 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

One thing that should be painfully obvious to everyone here is just how important every single game is, right?

Think of how different the seaon would be and how often we say, "if only we'd beaten XYZ, and we should have but because of that stupid penalty, stupid throw, or whatever, we literally gave them the game".

Add a win to each team's total for the top half of the conference and you see the implications for bowl bids, etc.
12-07-2013 11:22 PM
Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
Especially after your posters talked incessant crap about how we're an FCS school and an easy win.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 11:23 PM by Tiguar.)
12-07-2013 11:23 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY

01-wingedeagle
12-07-2013 11:25 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-07-2013 11:23 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  Especially after your posters talked incessant crap about how we're an FCS school and an easy win.

Agreed. That kind of talk only sets one up for heartbreak and some major embarrassment. While I'm not pleased with the tonight's outcome, I don't need to feel embarrassed about having talked crap.
12-07-2013 11:26 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Keeping Hud another year sure as hell isn't the worst thing to ever happen to the Cajuns. :)
12-07-2013 11:47 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-07-2013 11:47 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Keeping Hud another year sure as hell isn't the worst thing to ever happen to the Cajuns. :)

Agreed. I believe that every year we can hang on to him will make it that much easier for the transition when he does finally move on.
12-07-2013 11:49 PM
cleburneslim Offline
1st String

I Root For: jax state
(12-07-2013 11:25 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

01-wingedeagle

Jealousy from a Trojan. Huh surprise surprise. Go cocks. Whup troy.
12-07-2013 11:58 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(12-07-2013 11:58 PM)cleburneslim Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 11:25 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

01-wingedeagle

Jealousy from a Trojan. Huh surprise surprise. Go cocks. Whup troy.

No, just seems odd you posted that here...

Congrats Jax. It was about time.

But it has nothing to do with us at all.
12-08-2013 12:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.