Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Likeness of Idaho and Appstate...
Bookmark and Share
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
It is uncomfortable that the Appstate and Idaho helmets and colors are so alike... Here is App:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSskffUpdSuMD03g72Qjch...C85-1VroK0]
Here is Idaho:
[Image: New-Black-Idaho-Football-Helmet.jpg]

The only reason I bring this up is I also noticed a huge similarity between their sun belt logos
[Image: nDQlRHs.jpg]

I imagine this is why Appstate decided to stick with yellow instead of going back to the past gold when they decided to move back to the old logo and with the new uniforms. Only reason any of this is relevant is some App fans call for the old colors to come back. This is very likely why they didn't bring them back, much of our appearance looks close to Idaho and we want to stay individual.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 09:13 AM by Check Yosef.)
12-02-2013 07:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

RE: The Likeness of Idaho and Appstate...
Was this really necessary? Especially that last sentence.
12-02-2013 09:01 AM
sixtoes9134 Offline
Water Engineer

(12-02-2013 07:30 AM)Check Yosef Wrote:  It is uncomfortable that the Appstate and Idaho helmets and colors are so alike... Here is App:
Here is Idaho:

The only reason I bring this up is I also noticed a huge similarity between their sun belt logos

I imagine this is why Appstate decided to stick with yellow instead of going back to the past gold when they decided to move back to the old logo and with the new uniforms. Only reason any of this is relevant is some App fans call for the old colors to come back. This is very likely why they didn't bring them back, much of our appearance looks close to Idaho and we want to stay individual. It also would be bad to be so close in appearance to a school that went 1-11 this season.

That Sun Belt logo doesn't represent the true gold in our school colors - nor is the true color really that close to Idaho - Idaho's looks more like Wake Forest gold.
12-02-2013 09:05 AM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(12-02-2013 09:05 AM)sixtoes9134 Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 07:30 AM)Check Yosef Wrote:  It is uncomfortable that the Appstate and Idaho helmets and colors are so alike... Here is App:
Here is Idaho:

I imagine this is why Appstate decided to stick with yellow instead of going back to the past gold when they decided to move back to the old logo and with the new uniforms. Only reason any of this is relevant is some App fans call for the old colors to come back. This is very likely why they didn't bring them back, much of our appearance looks close to Idaho and we want to stay individual. It also would be bad to be so close in appearance to a school that went 1-11 this season.

That Sun Belt logo doesn't represent the true gold in our school colors - nor is the true color really that close to Idaho - Idaho's looks more like Wake Forest gold.

There is still a need to point out we should keep colors as is for now to avoid confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-02-2013 09:11 AM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(12-02-2013 09:01 AM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Was this really necessary? Especially that last sentence.

You're right, I'll edit that last part, I think the similarities are interesting.

12-02-2013 09:12 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
When is ULL going to post the same thing about NMSU......

Come on now guys, are you really complaining because another school in the conference has colors to similar your own??? Did the season really go that bad for you???
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 09:25 AM by Usajags.)
12-02-2013 09:18 AM
Advertisement

hapapp Offline
Special Teams

I don't think Idaho's colors factored into any logo decision at all. The original post seems like an effort to have something to talk about. Not really an issue in mind.
12-02-2013 09:21 AM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(12-02-2013 09:18 AM)Usajags Wrote:  When is ULL going to post the same thing about NMSU......

Come on now guys, are you really complaining because another school in the conference has colors to similar your own??? Did the season really go that bad for you???

No its not a complaint, just an observation. If we were to revert back to the old school gold it would be a little confusing, I'd prefer we stay yellow for now, simply so there is differentiation between the two.
12-02-2013 10:18 AM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(12-02-2013 09:21 AM)hapapp Wrote:  I don't think Idaho's colors factored into any logo decision at all. The original post seems like an effort to have something to talk about. Not really an issue in mind.

Pretty much exactly what it is, saw the idaho helmet on another post with that helmet project and thought it looked strikingly similar so I figured I'd post about it, the other day I had looked at the team specific conference logos and noticed that if we were old gold would be hard to differentiate and so I figured I'd mention that as well.
12-02-2013 10:20 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

They are conference logos, they mean nothing towards the marketing of your school.

And unless you can't tell the difference between an "I" and an "A", then I don't see how the helmets are the same...

Not sure I understand this thread, but that still is not going to stop me from posting in it...04-chairshot
12-02-2013 10:26 AM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(12-02-2013 10:26 AM)Usajags Wrote:  They are conference logos, they mean nothing towards the marketing of your school.

And unless you can't tell the difference between an "I" and an "A", then I don't see how the helmets are the same...

Not sure I understand this thread, but that still is not going to stop me from posting in it...04-chairshot

seems that you are a very cranky person... and the helmets would be hard to distinguish by a casual sports fan who happens upon a game, its nothing controversial just very similar so I figured I'd post something on it, sorry I found it interesting and you didn't... did not realize every post had to be about the dramas going on and couldn't be something lacking true controversy
12-02-2013 10:43 AM
Advertisement

TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
The helmets actually look nothing alike. You posted an App State flat black with a Yellow block A on it. Idaho has a "sparkly" black with a gold I and "Vandals" scripting over it.

What I mean to say is... if you took the lettering out, but left the colors, most people could tell the difference between the two helmets.
12-02-2013 11:54 AM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(12-02-2013 11:54 AM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  The helmets actually look nothing alike. You posted an App State flat black with a Yellow block A on it. Idaho has a "sparkly" black with a gold I and "Vandals" scripting over it.

What I mean to say is... if you took the lettering out, but left the colors, most people could tell the difference between the two helmets.

I'm sorry, but at a passing glance I disagree, someone sees one team in a blooper, couple weeks later their team is playing the other team and they think "these guys are chumps" was saying the helmets at a glance are similar and if app was to use our old gold color it would lessen that differentiation that much more, however at a glance you would also notice idahos gold pants or apps black, I know they have differences just think they are very similar between future conference foes.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 01:42 PM by Check Yosef.)
12-02-2013 01:41 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(12-02-2013 01:41 PM)Check Yosef Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 11:54 AM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  The helmets actually look nothing alike. You posted an App State flat black with a Yellow block A on it. Idaho has a "sparkly" black with a gold I and "Vandals" scripting over it.

I'm sorry, but at a passing glance I disagree, someone sees one team in a blooper, couple weeks later their team is playing the other team and they think "these guys are chumps" was saying the helmets at a glance are similar and if app was to use our old gold color it would lessen that differentiation that much more, however at a glance you would also notice idahos gold pants or apps black, I know they have differences just think they are very similar between future conference foes.

It's ok to disagree. I just think matte black and shiny black are nothing alike, nor is the "size" of the graphic.

To me, even at a glance, they are nothing alike.
12-02-2013 04:10 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Here is Idaho:

Do you not have a problem with Wake Forest, since they are in NC, this may be more of a distraction.

[Image: Wake20Forest20Demon20Deacons20Replica20H...dbe2e3.png]
12-02-2013 05:05 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

And lets not forget this:

[Image: 57d0636amp37lzzflha29tyha_zps4b6d7549.png]

and

[Image: app_state_yosef_mascot_flag_73590sma_zps42cb3b66.jpg]

Oh the confusion. How are we to tell App St apart from every other team that wears black and gold....04-chairshot
12-02-2013 05:09 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(12-02-2013 09:18 AM)Usajags Wrote:  When is ULL going to post the same thing about NMSU......

ULM and TXST look exactly the same to me. ULL and NMSU are similar.
12-02-2013 06:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(12-02-2013 05:09 PM)Usajags Wrote:  And lets not forget this:

[Image: 57d0636amp37lzzflha29tyha_zps4b6d7549.png]

and

[Image: app_state_yosef_mascot_flag_73590sma_zps42cb3b66.jpg]

Oh the confusion. How are we to tell App St apart from every other team that wears black and gold....04-chairshot

The difference is the musket and the motorcycle

12-02-2013 07:16 PM
appfan89 Offline
2nd String

Donators

I agree with you non issue. Sounds like someone wants something to complain about.
12-02-2013 08:21 PM
MJG Offline
1st String

I Root For: U I , UMich, SC
We need to go with our silver helmets actually chrome with gold chrome I .
12-02-2013 08:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.