Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why are stAte fans so sure they won't be bowling?
Bookmark and Share
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Why are stAte fans so sure they won't be bowling?
Honestly, I don't understand this.

Projections? They're all over the map.

Somone have some inside scoop? If so, share it.
12-01-2013 06:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gostAte870 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Why are stAte fans so sure they won't be bowling?
(12-01-2013 06:44 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Honestly, I don't understand this.

We've been explaining this to you for 24 hours now. GoDaddy wants WKU, but they are holding off to see if A-State becomes co-champs, which in that scenario they would be forced to pick us over WKU. If WKU is picked before next weekend, that would mean that stAte got a bowl bid from somewhere else. Conference standings doesn't really matter in the SBC.
12-01-2013 07:01 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-01-2013 07:01 PM)gostAte870 Wrote:  

We've been explaining this to you for 24 hours now. GoDaddy wants WKU, but they are holding off to see if A-State becomes co-champs, which in that scenario they would be forced to pick us over WKU. If WKU is picked before next weekend, that would mean that stAte got a bowl bid from somewhere else. Conference standings doesn't really matter in the SBC.

He didn't ask that.
12-01-2013 07:02 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana

Is it necessary to start another thread on this subject? There are two others right now that are discussing this topic.
12-01-2013 07:05 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-01-2013 07:01 PM)gostAte870 Wrote:  

How do you KNOW GoDaddy wants WKU?
12-01-2013 07:09 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-01-2013 07:05 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Is it necessary to start another thread on this subject? There are two others right now that are discussing this topic.

Yes, the others are all over the map right now too....MTSU, WKU leaving the conference etc etc etc. Only thing that's missing is a UL name-change fight.

How do these stAte fans know they aren't going to the GoDaddy Bowl?

It's a really simple question. Should have a simple answer.

I'm not seeing it.
12-01-2013 07:12 PM
Advertisement

Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
When the SBC site hid the bylaws from view, it was pretty clear what is about to happen. Now they are saying that those are just guidelines and the bowls are free to pick whomever they want at any time. This is what happens when you are loyal and positive about the conference.
12-01-2013 07:15 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2013 07:15 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  When the SBC site hid the bylaws from view, it was pretty clear what is about to happen. Now they are saying that those are just guidelines and the bowls are free to pick whomever they want at any time. This is what happens when you are loyal and positive about the conference.

Where do they get the idea that they are guidelines and do they have legal counsel's opinion on it?
12-01-2013 07:19 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-01-2013 07:15 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  When the SBC site hid the bylaws from view, it was pretty clear what is about to happen. Now they are saying that those are just guidelines and the bowls are free to pick whomever they want at any time. This is what happens when you are loyal and positive about the conference.

Okay, I see that something sinister is in the works. But how does that translate to "GoDaddy wants WKU"? Suppose they're hoping for USA or Troy?

Would that change things in anyone's mind?
12-01-2013 07:23 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

(12-01-2013 07:23 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  

Okay, I see that something sinister is in the works. But how does that translate to "GoDaddy wants WKU"? Suppose they're hoping for USA or Troy?

No. It would not change. It would be better to see a 2014 SBC team benefit from a bowl game but the rules were amended last year to prevent this sort of thing from happening to a second place team again. Those rules apparently mean squat.
12-01-2013 07:27 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times

Wasn't there a rule a while back that all 7-5 of better teams had to be placed before a 6-6 team can be taken? Or has that been abolished?
12-01-2013 07:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crump1 Offline
All American

(12-01-2013 07:28 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

Wasn't there a rule a while back that all 7-5 of better teams had to be placed before a 6-6 team can be taken? Or has that been abolished?
I believe that is gone as well.
12-01-2013 07:30 PM
Rik Flair Offline
Special Teams

One thing is clear, nobody on this board knows a damn thing. All these assumptions about timing and who should have been invited already and who won't be invited. Nobody with any real info or decision making is on these message boards.

Can you imagine a bowl rep from the GoDaddy or Indy Bowl wasting time with message boards or telling some booger-eater what was going on so they could run out and get on a message board?

It's mildly entertaining, but I have no idea what will happen so that puts me even with everybody else here who claims to know.
12-01-2013 07:32 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-01-2013 07:32 PM)Rik Flair Wrote:  One thing is clear, nobody on this board knows a damn thing. All these assumptions about timing and who should have been invited already and who won't be invited. Nobody with any real info or decision making is on these message boards.

Can you imagine a bowl rep from the GoDaddy or Indy Bowl wasting time with message boards or telling some booger-eater what was going on so they could run out and get on a message board?

It's mildly entertaining, but I have no idea what will happen so that puts me even with everybody else here who claims to know.

uhh...yes?
12-01-2013 07:34 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-01-2013 07:32 PM)Rik Flair Wrote:  One thing is clear, nobody on this board knows a damn thing. All these assumptions about timing and who should have been invited already and who won't be invited. Nobody with any real info or decision making is on these message boards.

^this^
12-01-2013 07:34 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU

So are the projections on all the "football sites" just a guess from looking at the overall records in the SBC. Most probably don't even know WKU is leaving the conference. I can safely bet anyone there is not one projection based off any word coming from the Godaddy bowl rep.
12-01-2013 07:39 PM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2013 07:23 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Okay, I see that something sinister is in the works. But how does that translate to "GoDaddy wants WKU"? Suppose they're hoping for USA or Troy?

That very well may be the case. Nobody knows. At this point, with the password protecting of the conference bylaws and the statement that the bylaws are "only guidelines" it doesn't appear that it will matter to me. I will have no interest in a conference that has no set rules and only a little Napoleon ruling by decree.
12-01-2013 07:39 PM
gostAte870 Offline
Special Teams

(12-01-2013 07:34 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

uhh...yes?

LOL
12-01-2013 07:43 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-01-2013 07:39 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 07:23 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Okay, I see that something sinister is in the works. But how does that translate to "GoDaddy wants WKU"? Suppose they're hoping for USA or Troy?

That very well may be the case. Nobody knows. At this point, with the password protecting of the conference bylaws and the statement that the bylaws are "only guidelines" it doesn't appear that it will matter to me. I will have no interest in a conference that has no set rules and only a little Napoleon ruling by decree.

There are aspects of the Belt that are now starting to remind me of the Southland Conference in the early 1970's. Those aspects prompted then-USL basketball coach Beryl Shipley to call the Southland a Mickey Mouse conference.

Shipley later apologized to Mickey Mouse. Seriously.
12-01-2013 07:46 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2013 07:46 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 07:39 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

There are aspects of the Belt that are now starting to remind me of the Southland Conference in the early 1970's. Those aspects prompted then-USL basketball coach Beryl Shipley to call the Southland a Mickey Mouse conference.

Shipley later apologized to Mickey Mouse. Seriously.

This is good news for any CUSA defector who hasn't paid their exit fees yet. Those exit fee requirements are "merely guidelines". I'd hang onto them.
12-01-2013 08:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.