Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowl Projections (12/1)
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Bowl Projections (12/1)
I looked up the following projections: SB Nation, CBS Sports, Scout and Phil Steele. All 4 of these are up to date.

All 4 only have 2 SBC teams bowling. SB Nation, CBS Sports, and Phil Steele have Louisiana and WKU. Scout projects Louisiana and Ark.St.

This is just poor that it comes down to infighting now as 6 or maybe 7 teams are going to be bowl eligible and it appears almost certain only 2 will go bowling.

It appears the SBC needs to do whatever it can to create more bowls.
12-01-2013 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gostAte870 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Bowl Projections (12/1)
(12-01-2013 12:55 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I looked up the following projections: SB Nation, CBS Sports, Scout and Phil Steele. All 4 of these are up to date.

All 4 only have 2 SBC teams bowling. SB Nation, CBS Sports, and Phil Steele have Louisiana and WKU. Scout projects Louisiana and Ark.St.

This is just poor that it comes down to infighting now as 6 or maybe 7 teams are going to be bowl eligible and it appears almost certain only 2 will go bowling.

GoDaddy would've called WKU today if it wasn't for the fact that A-State could possibly become co-champs next week. Let's just tell recruits that in this conference, being number two isn't good enough to get a bowl unless you're ULL. It's messed up that the GoDaddy doesn't want us because they fear that we won't send the large crowds to Mobile like we did the past two years.
12-01-2013 01:27 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
(12-01-2013 01:27 PM)gostAte870 Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 12:55 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I looked up the following projections: SB Nation, CBS Sports, Scout and Phil Steele. All 4 of these are up to date.

GoDaddy would've called WKU today if it wasn't for the fact that A-State could possibly become co-champs next week. Let's just tell recruits that in this conference, being number two isn't good enough to get a bowl unless you're ULL. It's messed up that the GoDaddy doesn't want us because they fear that we won't send the large crowds to Mobile like we did the past two years.

I won't believe we get the bid until I see it in the papers. Also, I recall WKU being runners up in 2011 and sitting at home. It is a real problem for the SBC and a reason that so many jumped ship. Bowl tie-ins are everything in college football. They reward your team and players for a winning year, they provide a financial boost, they add exposure to your program and they boost recruiting. The SBC has a history and stigma for leaving teams at home. I don't know of an immediate fix for it outside of creating new bowls or stealing tie ins from other conferences.
12-01-2013 01:39 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
We'll have three if not four tie ins next year.
12-01-2013 01:55 PM
Advertisement

mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
(12-01-2013 01:55 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  We'll have three if not four tie ins next year.

Yeah. Okay.
12-01-2013 02:01 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Guess you haven't been paying attention this past offseason.
12-01-2013 02:49 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Ideally we get three tie ins, and work out backups with the Independence and BBVA bowls.
12-01-2013 03:06 PM
Advertisement

GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
With 11 teams I feel certain the SBC will produce at least 5 bowl eligible teams every year. I know next year there will be only 9 eligible teams since Ga. Southern and App. won't be.

This year is just a bad combination of not enough bowl tie-ins, a large number of bowl eligible teams and just bad luck.

Frankly I don't really consider a 6-6 record that worthy of a bowl, BUT EVERY TEAM AT 7-5 OR BETTER SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO TO A BOWL. The SBC needs to do everything possible to ensure that. If 7-5 was the cut mark we should have 3 bowling this year-- I think that is a fair expectation.
12-01-2013 03:12 PM
bamaEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
(12-01-2013 02:01 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 01:55 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  We'll have three if not four tie ins next year.

Yeah. Okay.

So I suppose you have not read any of the articles posted earlier in the season about the possibility of more bowl spots? Have fun with your lateral (at best) move to the CUSA.
12-01-2013 05:51 PM
WErLOUISIANA Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: CAJUNS

What do you consider a large crowd? How many tickets were purchased last year thru the university?
12-01-2013 05:56 PM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns

I find this odd. GoDaddy fears stAte won't send large crowds to Mobile like you did the past two years but the N.O. Bowl invites the Cajuns because they're going to send large crowds like they did the last two years?
12-01-2013 06:02 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-01-2013 06:02 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  

I find this odd. GoDaddy fears stAte won't send large crowds to Mobile like you did the past two years but the N.O. Bowl invites the Cajuns because they're going to send large crowds like they did the last two years?

Go Daddy has zero concerns about the crowd we will bring this year. The city of Mobile wants new blood...that's all.
12-01-2013 06:03 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(12-01-2013 06:03 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Go Daddy has zero concerns about the crowd we will bring this year. The city of Mobile wants new blood...that's all.

And how do you know this? Was it the same guy who told someone that the Cajuns turned down the Indy Bowl?

This is all so bizarre.
12-01-2013 06:06 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-01-2013 06:06 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 06:03 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

And how do you know this? Was it the same guy who told someone that the Cajuns turned down the Indy Bowl?

This is all so bizarre.

You don't have to believe me. But trust me, the Independence Bowl thing is accurate. The other comment is more speculation based on what we have been told.
12-01-2013 06:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.