Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thoughts on Miami
Bookmark and Share
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Thoughts on Miami
Overall I'm actually not pissed off at all. I'm happy about the way this team fought back and didn't quit. Could've easily laid down and waved the flag after the 1st Q and given up 60. Crazy enough, take away the first five minutes and Pitt wins 31-27. Now granted, Miami didn't go balls to the wall on defense down the stretch. Yea, Pitt got some garbage points at the end of the game but I don't think our boys played as poorly as the score indicated. Usually I don't get getty over moral victories, but today I'm taking a moral victory. I can understand those being pissed off over ST's again. Can also understand people being pissed over the defense in the first half. There are a plethora of things that we all can flip TF out over. I feel much better about this squad than I did after the FSU game.
11-29-2013 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI
RE: Thoughts on Miami
It was certainly difficult to watch. The defense seemed confused on a couple of occasions. I can see why house has the dbs 10 yards off the ball - the dbs (well pitts anyway) cant cover by himself.

Savage is a competitor.

I am not sure what the problem is - some inexperience, talent, coaching, spped, strength maybe all of them. Anyway, let's hope hat recruiting closes well, a bowl victory, no big injuries for the offseason, and build for 2014.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 11:41 AM by SoCalPanther.)
11-30-2013 11:40 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
Pitts has been a tremendous disappointment. He definitely regressed between this year and next year. I hope my bud Titus Howard hits the weights over the off season. He's very likely to be the CB next year w/ Pitts. I think Howard could've benefited by having a redshirt year. But it is what it is. I don't know who else is coming up as a S but Webb just might be your FS as well. Tons of youth in our secondary next year. Our defense may regress a little next year w/ Donald gone as well.
11-30-2013 11:54 AM
Advertisement

SoCalPanther Offline
All American

The CLairton kids definitely showed up. I think the Wiscinsin transfer Mitchell is a safety. I think He was supposed to start there? The defense takes a step back without Donald for sure - but lets hope the freshman got some valuable experience. They will still have big problems if the DEs dont improve.

I actually think the offense will be ok considering that there will be a new qb.

Hope spring eternal as a Pitt fan.......lol.......
11-30-2013 01:50 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
Our DE's are far too undersized. Got away w/ it in the BE against smaller lines, but against the likes of VT, Miami, FSU, and Clemson we're just going to get pushed around.
11-30-2013 02:28 PM
Advertisement

SoCalPanther Offline
All American

Yeah, Pitt needs to get bigger and faster across the board. Let's see what all of those new So and rFr can do.

It will be interesting to see how the team is next year with the losses Street, Savage, Donald, Hendricks, Williams, etc. The 2014 OOC schedule is Akron, FIU, Delaware, Iowa and the ACC opponents of Duke, UNC, SU, Miami, VT, UVa, GT, and BC.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 06:29 AM by SoCalPanther.)
12-01-2013 06:23 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
It just bothers me how small our DL is: http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp

GT: http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/cdepthtext....eam=GATECH
Miami: http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/cdepthtext....am=MIAMIFL
Duke: http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/cdepthtext....&Team=DUKE
NC: http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/cdepthtext....3&Team=UNC
FSU: http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/cdepthtext....=FLORIDAST

We desperately need to get bigger at DE. I'm not saying we'll be able to pick up a freak like 6'6 274 Clowney. Sh*t, in today's terms, Donald could've been that freak DE if we had other dependable DT's to fill his void there. This offseason we gotta bulk Price and Soto up to around 250-260 at least w/out losing their speed. Can't have 235 lbs DE's. And the most disappointing fact is that it seems like we're not recruiting many big DE's either.
12-01-2013 07:50 AM
Advertisement

C Marlow Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: PITT
PITT got caught with their pants down with all of the coaching changes and the blown recruiting classes. PITT traditionally had very solid play at DE with Sheard, Romeus, Harriott and a few others I can't remember right now. AD would have always been a DT for PITT IMHO. But yeah, if the S&C coach can get the kids up to 250 - 260 lbs to play DE, then I think it will be better in the long run.

IMHO, PITT's DL wasn't bad at all. They just got gassed due to the thinness of the personnel. If you could run a 2 deep DL rotation with 4 more quality players as good as the 4 starters trotted out there, then this season would have turned out a lot better. I think PITT beats UNC, Navy and GT. Still think they lose to FSU, VT and Miami becomes more of a toss up but probably a loss due to the ST misfires plus the WR's being too good for the PITT DBs to cover consistently.
12-01-2013 08:45 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
That string of DE's was something else. I think Soto can be a player once he bulks up. Watching him chase down the WR from Miami from behind was awesome. I don't mind Chryst and the offensive staff recruiting offensive players from the rust belt and EPA as well as DB's but I'd like to see a heavy dose of DB/LB recruiting from the south. I definitely suggest getting rid of Haering as our LB coach and finding a new one w/ southern ties.
12-01-2013 11:52 PM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
It's hard to believe we had Donald coming in off the bench when we had Sheard and Romeus. Those were the days.
12-02-2013 08:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.