Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

5 SBC teams bowl eligible now/ possibility of 7
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
5 SBC teams bowl eligible now/ possibility of 7
Louisiana, ASU, Troy, WKU and Texas St. are bowl eligible.

ULM would have to beat Louisiana to get bowl eligible
USA would have to beat Ga. State and Louisiana to get bowl eligible.

My guess is that we end up with 5 bowl eligible teams. Shame probably at the very most 3 go bowling. I know it sounds vindicative but since WKU is leaving I hope they are not one of the 2-3 that go bowling. If WKU is taken out that leaves Louisiana, ASU, Troy and Texas St. In that scenario I think Louisiana and ASU should go and I hope Troy or Texas St. (probably more likely Troy) would get to go somewhere.

Next year there will be 9 possible teams and Ga. Southern and App will not be bowl-eligible. I know next year we have 3 guaranteed spots and I would hope more than that could go.
11-29-2013 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
RE: 5 SBC teams bowl eligible now/ possibility of 7
Louisiana to Mobile
stAte to New Orleans
Troy to Birmingham
11-29-2013 11:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-29-2013 11:03 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Louisiana to Mobile
stAte to New Orleans
Troy to Birmingham

Does the SEC know that you are stealing their Birmingham spot?
11-29-2013 11:06 PM
Advertisement

CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana
stAte to New Orleans
Troy to Birmingham

Aint going to happen Cajuns are not going to Mobile also can stop the count at 5 teams USA and ULM will not beat the Cajuns. TxSt has no shot at a bowl game 2 teams 3 if we're lucky. Would really like to see what happens if WKU wins Saturday.
11-29-2013 11:07 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-29-2013 11:07 PM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  
stAte to New Orleans
Troy to Birmingham

Aint going to happen Cajuns are not going to Mobile also can stop the count at 5 teams USA and ULM will not beat the Cajuns. TxSt has no shot at a bowl game 2 teams 3 if we're lucky. Would really like to see what happens if WKU wins Saturday.

For the good of both ASU and ULL (Since we are in this together right?) We have already decided that if we beat WKU tomorrow, you guys should go ahead and lose to ULM...that way we both go to a bowl for sure.
11-29-2013 11:10 PM
Advertisement

CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

(11-29-2013 11:10 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
stAte to New Orleans
Troy to Birmingham

For the good of both ASU and ULL (Since we are in this together right?) We have already decided that if we beat WKU tomorrow, you guys should go ahead and lose to ULM...that way we both go to a bowl for sure.

I think with a win ASU is going bowling, I felt good about going to the NOB until the last couple of days. Seems like the Cajuns will have to go else where if we want the conference to get three bowl teams. I won't like it but will support the administration in any decision as long as we are bowling.
11-29-2013 11:32 PM
gostAte870 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
I love my UL brothers, but yall are screwing the conference over by not wanting to leave your comfort zone. Miss. St. likely took the Birmingham gig by beating Ole Miss to become bowl eligible, and the Indy will not take a Sun Belt team that isn't the conference champs. Take the Indy Bowl so that Troy can get GoDaddy and we get New Orleans.
11-30-2013 08:51 AM
Advertisement

Rik Flair Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: stAte
(11-30-2013 08:51 AM)gostAte870 Wrote:  I love my UL brothers, but yall are screwing the conference over by not wanting to leave your comfort zone. Miss. St. likely took the Birmingham gig by beating Ole Miss to become bowl eligible, and the Indy will not take a Sun Belt team that isn't the conference champs. Take the Indy Bowl so that Troy can get GoDaddy and we get New Orleans.

I like UL too but no since pleading with them or even worse message board fans. UL's administration should, can, and will do what is best for their program. If they want the NOLA bowl and the NOLA bowl wants them then so be it. I don't believe all that bunk about the Indy needing the Sun Belt Champ. Last year they had a MAC and a Sun Belt school and neither were champs.

Which ACC team gets the bowl bid? They will take whoever they can to sell tickets and hotel rooms. If they can't get a Power conference team, it may come down to a Sun Belt team.

I also don't think the Indy is more prestigious. It has a history but we're not talking about the Orange Bowl
11-30-2013 09:02 AM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
stAte to New Orleans
Troy to Birmingham

I think you are right. txst has downward momentum..not what bowls are looking for..
11-30-2013 09:45 AM
Advertisement

CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

(11-30-2013 09:02 AM)Rik Flair Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 08:51 AM)gostAte870 Wrote:  I love my UL brothers, but yall are screwing the conference over by not wanting to leave your comfort zone. Miss. St. likely took the Birmingham gig by beating Ole Miss to become bowl eligible, and the Indy will not take a Sun Belt team that isn't the conference champs. Take the Indy Bowl so that Troy can get GoDaddy and we get New Orleans.

I like UL too but no since pleading with them or even worse message board fans. UL's administration should, can, and will do what is best for their program. If they want the NOLA bowl and the NOLA bowl wants them then so be it. I don't believe all that bunk about the Indy needing the Sun Belt Champ. Last year they had a MAC and a Sun Belt school and neither were champs.

Which ACC team gets the bowl bid? They will take whoever they can to sell tickets and hotel rooms. If they can't get a Power conference team, it may come down to a Sun Belt team.

I also don't think the Indy is more prestigious. It has a history but we're not talking about the Orange Bowl

The Cajun fans will support the Administration where every they decide to go. We are fans and all have our opinions but we make no decisions. Personally I don't care if we went to Pizza, Potato or Hawaii bowl as long as we are bowling. I"ll be there.
11-30-2013 09:53 AM
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State
(11-30-2013 09:45 AM)runamuck Wrote:  
stAte to New Orleans
Troy to Birmingham

I think you are right. txst has downward momentum..not what bowls are looking for..

Not to mention we are on our third string QB
11-30-2013 10:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.