No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
USA Today Bowl Projections
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca...e/3752771/

Very, very flawed...but worth noting.

BeefOBrady's Troy vs MTSU

New Orleans ULL vs Tulane

Go Daddy ASU vs Ball State

WKU not bowling on this list. I am only listing it because they are the only ones so far that have NIU busting the BCS.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 03:39 PM by chiefsfan.)
11-26-2013 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrazyCajun Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: USA Today Bowl Projections
(11-26-2013 03:39 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca...e/3752771/

WKU not bowling on this list. I am only listing it because they are the only ones so far that have NIU busting the BCS.

Don't know Chief, I think the NO Bowl and Go Daddy look correct unless WKU defeats ASU. Don't see more then two SBC bowl teams this year.
11-26-2013 03:41 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-26-2013 03:41 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 03:39 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca...e/3752771/

Don't know Chief, I think the NO Bowl and Go Daddy look correct unless WKU defeats ASU. Don't see more then two SBC bowl teams this year.

Go Daddy might be correct regardless of whether or not WKU beats ASU. There would be riots in Jonesboro if Benson placed WKU over us and left us at home.

I called it flawed because the writer has no concept of backup deals. He's got Notre Dame in Detroit for some reason, and the MAC has the backup with BBVA...we don't.
11-26-2013 03:43 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Troy won't be in St Pete. That slot will either go to MAC or ACC.
11-27-2013 02:38 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
I've seen 3 projections having Troy going to the compass bowl. This is the only one having Troy in Beef O Brady. There's also a bowl that has Troy to the Potato bowl.
11-27-2013 02:52 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

My guess is Potato is out either way. If NIU busts, MWC fills Potato bowl. If Fresno busts, a Pac 12 team takes the slot.
11-27-2013 03:05 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(11-26-2013 03:43 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  There would be riots in Jonesboro if Benson placed WKU over us and left us at home.

I don't think Benson really cares if there are riots in Jonesboro.
11-27-2013 03:36 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Even though every prediction for the last couple of months has the Cajuns facing Tulane in New Orleans, I don't think that game will come to pass. I don't know if Tulane will go elsewhere, or the Cajuns will go elsewhere, but I honestly don't believe either team wants to play the other this year and bowl officials will listen.

Then again, I'm usually wrong.03-lmfao
11-27-2013 04:48 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(11-27-2013 03:36 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 03:43 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  There would be riots in Jonesboro if Benson placed WKU over us and left us at home.

I don't think Benson really cares if there are riots in Jonesboro.

I think the bloom went off that rose when he got boo'd presenting the football trophy after the MTSU game last year.
11-27-2013 05:00 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(11-27-2013 04:48 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Even though every prediction for the last couple of months has the Cajuns facing Tulane in New Orleans, I don't think that game will come to pass. I don't know if Tulane will go elsewhere, or the Cajuns will go elsewhere, but I honestly don't believe either team wants to play the other this year and bowl officials will listen.

I'm probably wrong but I think Tulane goes to Hawaii.

Tulane wants no part of the Cajuns and CUSA gets the satisfaction of Tulane going to the money loser game.

On the flip side Tulane probably will set a record for the mainland team that brings the highest percentage of their fan base with them to Hawaii.
11-27-2013 05:02 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(11-27-2013 05:02 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(11-27-2013 04:48 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Even though every prediction for the last couple of months has the Cajuns facing Tulane in New Orleans, I don't think that game will come to pass. I don't know if Tulane will go elsewhere, or the Cajuns will go elsewhere, but I honestly don't believe either team wants to play the other this year and bowl officials will listen.

Tulane wants no part of the Cajuns and CUSA gets the satisfaction of Tulane going to the money loser game.

On the flip side Tulane probably will set a record for the mainland team that brings the highest percentage of their fan base with them to Hawaii.

You thinkin' 4 out of the 6 will make the trip?
11-27-2013 05:06 PM
chiefsfan Offline

The last thing CUSA wants to do is to send an AAC school to a league tied bowl in its home stadium. If ULL brought more fans than Tulane, it would be not good at all for Tulane, or CUSA for that matter really.

On the flip side, they can send MTSU to New Orleans, and sell decent tickets. That throws us back into this whole will Shreveport take the Cajuns debate.
11-27-2013 05:11 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(11-27-2013 05:11 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The last thing CUSA wants to do is to send an AAC school to a league tied bowl in its home stadium. If ULL brought more fans than Tulane, it would be not good at all for Tulane, or CUSA for that matter really.

On the flip side, they can send MTSU to New Orleans, and sell decent tickets. That throws us back into this whole will Shreveport take the Cajuns debate.

You mean the whole will the Cajuns accept Shreveport debate.

I think if the Cajuns don't stub their toe, they have an invite.
11-27-2013 05:23 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(11-27-2013 05:06 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(11-27-2013 05:02 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

You thinkin' 4 out of the 6 will make the trip?

Something around those numbers
11-27-2013 05:24 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-27-2013 05:23 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(11-27-2013 05:11 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The last thing CUSA wants to do is to send an AAC school to a league tied bowl in its home stadium. If ULL brought more fans than Tulane, it would be not good at all for Tulane, or CUSA for that matter really.

Should we remind them that accepting the invite would be for the good of the conference?
11-27-2013 05:25 PM
CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

(11-27-2013 05:25 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Should we remind them that accepting the invite would be for the good of the conference?

I read somewhere that we are in the last year of our agreement GDB if so I think ASU should go to Indy then we can send another team that will travel to Mobile only because ASU have been there the last two years hopefully that team will not be the Cajuns because without a rank MAC team there is no reason for us to go. The difference is that NOB will take 5 years in a row because we're a school from the state not that I want to go five years in a row. Send a WKU team with BP or Troy if they qualify.
11-27-2013 05:37 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-27-2013 05:37 PM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  

I read somewhere that we are in the last year of our agreement GDB if so I think ASU should go to Indy then we can send another team that will travel to Mobile only because ASU have been there the last two years hopefully that team will not be the Cajuns because without a rank MAC team there is no reason for us to go. The difference is that NOB will take 5 years in a row because we're a school from the state not that I want to go five years in a row. Send a WKU team with BP or Troy if they qualify.

Go Daddy has renewed until 2019 I believe.
11-27-2013 05:39 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

USA Today Bowl Projections
No Godaddy was extended to 2017 right before changed commissioners.
11-27-2013 05:39 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(11-27-2013 05:11 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  If ULL brought more fans than Tulane, it would be not good at all for Tulane, or CUSA for that matter really.

03-lmfao
11-27-2013 05:55 PM
CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

(11-27-2013 05:39 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-27-2013 05:37 PM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  

Go Daddy has renewed until 2019 I believe.

That's good news thanks
11-27-2013 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.