2 Suspects Arrested in the Death of D. Reed
11-25-2013 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: 2 Suspects Arrested in the Death of D. Reed
(11-25-2013 12:46 PM)KPJ Wrote:  http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/inde...rt_m-rpt-2

Two 20 year olds from Detroit?
11-25-2013 01:06 PM
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
I'm glad the police were able to find suspects.
11-25-2013 01:32 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I wonder if it lends credence that maybe the suspects might have been at a party within the apartment building and then executed a robbery which ended up very, very badly?

For those who remember the murder of Sean Taylor of the Washington Redskins, it was a home invasion/robbery which ended up in murder. That case was adjudicated this month. As I understand that case, the murderer apparently thought that no one was at the house but Sean Taylor was home and the murder occurred.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 02:01 PM by emu steve.)
11-25-2013 01:37 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

Detroit News article on same.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131...|FRONTPAGE

So if I'm reading this correct, one of the suspects is suspected of an armed robbery in Harper Woods and a murder in Ypsilanti, two sites over 40 miles apart.

How did he happen to be in Ypsilanti? (both Pratt and Thomas are from Detroit according to the Ann Arbor article. The Detnews article doesn't list Pratt's residence).
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 05:22 PM by emu steve.)
11-25-2013 05:07 PM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

I Root For: emu
I hope that they got the right guys and have a quick trial and conviction.
11-25-2013 05:25 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
This is what I have "heard". A party was posted on facebook and what has been happening is facebook gangs find out about these parties and make plans to bust them up. Mostly from Detroit. This isn't the first time this has happened is what I have heard. People need to be more selective on how they post parties especially on facebook. Just you wouldn't post when you are leaving your house you should post when having a party so that it can be searched easily.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 06:17 PM by emussuperfan.)
11-25-2013 06:16 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(11-25-2013 06:16 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  This is what I have "heard". A party was posted on facebook and what has been happening is facebook gangs find out about these parties and make plans to bust them up. Mostly from Detroit. This isn't the first time this has happened is what I have heard. People need to be more selective on how they post parties especially on facebook. Just you wouldn't post when you are leaving your house you should post when having a party so that it can be searched easily.

Interesting.

I hope that it wasn't Reed's party which went bad and that he didn't inadvertently set himself for such a tragedy.

Also, it makes it look less like a 'local event', i.e., the suspects were locals who committed a crime in a local area.

Normally, one doesn't expect suspects to be 30 or 40 miles from home.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 05:44 AM by emu steve.)
11-25-2013 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.