Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If Auburn beats Alabama, Auburn will be the highest 1 loss team, unless (Link)
Lurker Above Offline
1st String

I Root For: UGA
If Auburn beats Alabama, Auburn will be the highest 1 loss team, unless (Link)
Mizzou wins out and beats Alabama or Auburn in the SEC Championship.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/...aubur.html

The above does not go there, but I will...

If Auburn beats Alabama, then Bama becomes the next to highest ranked 1 loss team.

If FSU and Baylor both lose, and either Auburn wins the SEC or Mizzou does after beating Ole Miss and Texas A&M, then the SEC will have the two highest rated teams.

Just saying...

Also just saying, an Alabama/Auburn rematch in a national championship game would be epic.
11-19-2013 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
RE: If Auburn beats Alabama, Auburn will be the highest 1 loss team, unless (Link)
Both would be behind Oregon and Clemson due to the late losses. Never mind the fact that OSU will probably go undefeated. And an Iron Bowl MNC Game would be awful.
11-19-2013 12:39 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: If Auburn beats Alabama, Auburn will be the highest 1 loss team, unless (Link)
(11-19-2013 12:39 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  Both would be behind Oregon and Clemson due to the late losses. Never mind the fact that OSU will probably go undefeated. And an Iron Bowl MNC Game would be awful.

A one loss Alabama would be ahead of every other one loss team, unless they lost to Auburn in a blowout.
11-19-2013 12:44 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
(11-19-2013 12:44 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(11-19-2013 12:39 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  Both would be behind Oregon and Clemson due to the late losses. Never mind the fact that OSU will probably go undefeated. And an Iron Bowl MNC Game would be awful.

A one loss Alabama would be ahead of every other one loss team, unless they lost to Auburn in a blowout.

Bama can lose to Auburn and will still be ahead of Auburn.
11-19-2013 12:49 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
no chance. Auburn will easily be the #1 1 loss team. Polls and computers. They are already at 4.25 cpu number(which is ahead of Ohio St and tied with Baylor).

Georgia and Tennessee out of division- then potentially 3 bowl teams OOC. Alabama had Kentucky and Tennessee out of division- and then Va Tech, Colorado St(2 bowl teams, but then Ga State- worst team in FBS, and FCS team). Washington St very close to Va Tech in the computers, and Arkansas St way ahead of Colorado St. It's that 3rd one(Florida Atlantic- who will get to 6-6 almost certainly)- that destroys Ga State
11-19-2013 01:18 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(11-19-2013 12:25 PM)Lurker Above Wrote:  Mizzou wins out and beats Alabama or Auburn in the SEC Championship.

If Auburn beats Alabama, then Bama becomes the next to highest ranked 1 loss team.

If FSU and Baylor both lose, and either Auburn wins the SEC or Mizzou does after beating Ole Miss and Texas A&M, then the SEC will have the two highest rated teams.

Just saying...

Also just saying, an Alabama/Auburn rematch in a national championship game would be epic.

Epic failure. I would boycott like I did Alabama/LSU. The first one was boring enough. Understand the 2nd was even worse. Alabama doesn't deserve a 2nd mulligan in 3 years. It wouldn't be fair to Auburn or to the fans who, with limited intersectional games, deserve to see someone other than a few pundits "eyeball" choice get a rematch. Someone who didn't even win their conference getting a rematch before several similar teams who did win their conference.

Edwards, an Alabama grad, doesn't say why he thinks Auburn or Missouri would be the top 1 loss team. I think it would be tough to catch Oregon.
11-19-2013 01:31 PM
Advertisement

goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
stranger things have happend, but it is unlikely that there will be no undefeated teams at the end of the season

i guess its possbile that any of these things will happen.

Ohio State loses to Mich State.
Baylor loses to Oklahoma State or Texas
Bama loses to Auburn or Mizzou
Florida State loses to Florida?

But all 4 happening? Not likely.
11-19-2013 01:38 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

Auburn is only .0057 behind Oregon right now in the BCS. That's less than 2 computer spots. Auburn beats Alabama- they will pass Oregon and Clemson in the human polls easily. This is the easiest lock this year quite frankly.
11-19-2013 01:38 PM
Lurker Above Offline
1st String

(11-19-2013 01:38 PM)goofus Wrote:  stranger things have happend, but it is unlikely that there will be no undefeated teams at the end of the season

i guess its possbile that any of these things will happen.

Ohio State loses to Mich State.
Baylor loses to Oklahoma State or Texas
Bama loses to Auburn or Mizzou
Florida State loses to Florida?

But all 4 happening? Not likely.

FSU has the ACC Championship game.
11-19-2013 01:51 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
We won't see another rematch for a very long time.
11-19-2013 01:58 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

I don't think we'll see a sf rematch, but in a year like 2011, Alabama would have made the playoff and if both Alabama and LSU won their sf, we would have seen a rematch in the final!
11-19-2013 02:05 PM
Advertisement

Lurker Above Offline
1st String

(11-19-2013 01:58 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  We won't see another rematch for a very long time.

I disagree. With a 4 team playoff there is a good chance of that happening every few years.
11-19-2013 05:29 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(11-19-2013 12:25 PM)Lurker Above Wrote:  Mizzou wins out and beats Alabama or Auburn in the SEC Championship.

Just saying...

Yeah, about as epic as the Alabama and LSU rematch. You SEC people and your SEC tinted glasses are so easy to forget.

It is a National Championship and the fiasco that happened between Alabama and LSU wont be allowed to happen again. The nose dive in the Ratings will make sure of that.
11-20-2013 07:33 AM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(11-19-2013 05:29 PM)Lurker Above Wrote:  
(11-19-2013 01:58 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  We won't see another rematch for a very long time.

I disagree. With a 4 team playoff there is a good chance of that happening every few years.

Once again....SEC colored glasses.
11-20-2013 07:34 AM
Lurker Above Offline
1st String

(11-20-2013 07:33 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

Just saying...

Yeah, about as epic as the Alabama and LSU rematch. You SEC people and your SEC tinted glasses are so easy to forget.

It is a National Championship and the fiasco that happened between Alabama and LSU wont be allowed to happen again. The nose dive in the Ratings will make sure of that.

Mike Slive, "1,2,3 and 4"
11-20-2013 07:35 AM
Lurker Above Offline
1st String

(11-20-2013 07:34 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

You are familiar with recent end of regular season polls, right?
11-20-2013 07:36 AM
Advertisement

stever20 Online
Legend

(11-20-2013 07:33 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

Just saying...

You do realize that the SEC would have had 2 teams in the playoffs the last 2 years at least. 2011 and 2012. 2009 probably would have had Florida in there over Cincy. You can whine about it all you want- but the powers that be made sure that the playoff starting next year is not conference champs only. So you can say what you want to say- but it's not based on facts at all!
11-20-2013 08:44 AM
curtis0620 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt
Who exactly will FSU lose too? Idaho, Florida or Duke?
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 08:49 AM by curtis0620.)
11-20-2013 08:49 AM
curtis0620 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt
(11-20-2013 07:36 AM)Lurker Above Wrote:  

The overwhelming SEC bias will see that this is true.
11-20-2013 08:51 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(11-20-2013 08:51 AM)curtis0620 Wrote:  
(11-20-2013 07:36 AM)Lurker Above Wrote:  

The overwhelming SEC bias will see that this is true.

So who was robbed of a chance to play for a title so that an SEC team could play for the title over the last 7 years?
11-20-2013 09:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.