Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blue Ribbon #5 USA
Bookmark and Share
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
Blue Ribbon #5 USA
Blue Ribbon #5 USA

USA, along with WKU, have been the face of SBC basketball for years. NT had a run in there too but Ronny Arrow always had good teams. USA won: 20-17-12-17-17 games over the last 5 years.

Ronny retired and USA won the lottery in getting Bulter’s top assistant Matt Graves and won the lottery a 2nd time when he did not go back to Bulter at the head coach, Brad Stephens, left for the Celtics.

Graves inherits a team with 4 returning starters and the POY from last year but they are picked #5 by BR.

Rabit is enough to win a lot of games int eh SBC but he has help in Ammons who score about 11ppg and 6.3 rpg while standing only 6-5. He shoot nearly 40% from 3. A low poster scorer and a stretch 4 is a great combo in any league.

The front court is a lot weaker and not on pair with the back court, but you just need one shooter and someone to get the ball down the court. Allen can score but takes too many shots doing it. Shot selection is an issue. He only shot 29% from 3 last year.

The pg Stevens is small, only 5-9. Graves signed a 6-0 pg from NJ that will look for minutes right away.

While a lot of starters are back there are 6 incoming freshmen, so there will be some growing pains.

BR picking them #5 makes sense as you work through the roster.

New coach
Lots of freshmen
Unknown pg play

The unknown pg play is the big one. The bigs can’t score unless someone gets the ball up the court and gets it to them.
10-29-2013 06:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Blue Ribbon #5 USA
We're pretty high on some of the new guys we brought in. In particular we have good potential at the point guard position, which has been our Achilles' heel since 2008 when Daon Merritt graduated. Don't be surprised if the 2013-2014 freshmen/newcomer of the year is in a South Alabama uniform.
10-29-2013 08:32 AM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Hope so, I love good pg play. At the mid-major level, that is the one spot you can get bcs level play from and most teams from the level are guard oriented. You have to have a good pg to set the table.
10-29-2013 08:34 AM
Advertisement

GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
This ranking is about right with so many freshmen. We will probably start slow but peak come tournament time. Probably not a team you would want to meet in the tournament.
10-29-2013 09:18 AM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-29-2013 06:46 AM)insideualr Wrote:  Blue Ribbon #5 USA
Ronny retired...."

BZZZZZZT!!!!! That's what USA released to the media. Ronny Arrow was F-I-R-E-D on the spot. Don't ask why, I won't say but take it to the bank.
10-30-2013 03:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Blue Ribbon #5 USA
Is gone then :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
10-30-2013 07:35 AM
SkullyMaroo Offline

Yeah Ronnie Arrow "retired" after a slow start. But in reality he was let go by USA. He was given the option to coach the rest of the year, but left early to give his top assistant, Jeff Price, a chance for the job. Ronnie handled everything with class though, and I appreciate everything he did for USA and his love for USA.

By the way, for someone to have "retired", he's coaching again in Texas as an assistant working with the defense. :)
10-30-2013 08:31 AM
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Blue Ribbon #5 USA
I liked arrow and thought he was a great floor coach. He had good inbounds plays that worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
10-30-2013 08:56 AM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-30-2013 08:31 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Yeah Ronnie Arrow "retired" after a slow start. But in reality he was let go by USA. He was given the option to coach the rest of the year, but left early to give his top assistant, Jeff Price, a chance for the job. ..."

Skully, I totally respect you and always have so I don't mean this to be a disrespectful response in any way, shape or form.

That stated -- CRA was NOT given any options besides "resign or be fired immediately" By no means did he fall upon the sword for Coach Price or anybody else. He impaled himself.

Oh, and just in case anyone's wondering -- CRA did NOT violate any NCAA rules... not a single one. It was a MORAL issue and nothing less. A SERIOUS moral issue.

And that's all I've gotta say about that. I wish him luck and I most certainly do hope he's learned a valuable lesson. If not, he has no business whatsoever in the coaching profession at ANY level.
10-31-2013 03:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

(10-31-2013 03:28 AM)airtroop Wrote:  
(10-30-2013 08:31 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Yeah Ronnie Arrow "retired" after a slow start. But in reality he was let go by USA. He was given the option to coach the rest of the year, but left early to give his top assistant, Jeff Price, a chance for the job. ..."

Skully, I totally respect you and always have so I don't mean this to be a disrespectful response in any way, shape or form.

That stated -- CRA was NOT given any options besides "resign or be fired immediately" By no means did he fall upon the sword for Coach Price or anybody else. He impaled himself.

Oh, and just in case anyone's wondering -- CRA did NOT violate any NCAA rules... not a single one. It was a MORAL issue and nothing less. A SERIOUS moral issue.

And that's all I've gotta say about that. I wish him luck and I most certainly do hope he's learned a valuable lesson. If not, he has no business whatsoever in the coaching profession at ANY level.

I've never heard this story lol. Everyone on our board said it was the former. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've just never heard that particular story. Care to shoot me a PM with the Cliff's Notes version? Maybe when this came out no one wanted to share it.
10-31-2013 07:24 AM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-31-2013 07:24 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(10-31-2013 03:28 AM)airtroop Wrote:  

I've never heard this story lol. Everyone on our board said it was the former. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've just never heard that particular story. Care to shoot me a PM with the Cliff's Notes version? Maybe when this came out no one wanted to share it.

It's the latter... no one wanted to share it if they knew (and please note I'm not sharing any DETAILS either). I really regret posting what I posted here myself actually... I was drinking many beers and loose lips sink ships, yannow. What I DID share is all I WILL share and I hope you all will either dismiss it as a drinking guy who's full of it or as a supporter who knows more details than I've shared or ever WILL share since I was given those details discreetly.

AGAIN--- I wish Mr. Arrow the very best, I sincerely do hope he's learned something, and in a small way, I'm happy I posted as much as I did so he is thoroughly scrutinized before his next (if EVER) collegiate coaching gig. The man has a SERIOUS problem and counseling and proper medications MAY help if he's SERIOUS about changing some of his.... errr... "habits".

I'm an optimist. I'm gambling on CRA to someday (and hopefully SOON) to change his ways and become something more than a glorified referee in his chosen field.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 04:22 AM by airtroop.)
11-01-2013 04:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.