Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Latest Paulson Stadium Renderings
Bookmark and Share
GATA Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GA Southern
Latest Paulson Stadium Renderings
http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/coll...1381372087

Finally get a clear view of the new video board going in.

[Image: 12703498.jpg]

[Image: 12703500.jpg]

[Image: 12703501.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2013 01:03 PM by GATA.)
10-17-2013 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

RE: Latest Paulson Stadium Renderings
FWIW: They started pouring concrete this week.

http://www.ringsanddiplomas.com/95
10-17-2013 01:07 PM
swampbear Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-17-2013 01:07 PM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  FWIW: They started pouring concrete this week.

http://www.ringsanddiplomas.com/95

Congratulations....exciting time for your program
10-17-2013 01:10 PM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
A miniature turf field for children inside the stadium? I have to admit...that's unique and kinda cool. Very family friendly.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2013 02:04 PM by troy4ever.)
10-17-2013 01:51 PM
GATA Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-17-2013 01:51 PM)troy4ever Wrote:  I miniature turf field for children inside the stadium? I have to admit...that's unique and kinda cool. Very family friendly.

Yes it will be. Someone mentioned the team using it for some drills since it will be outside the weight room (I'm not sure if there is any truth to that). Our football practice fields will be moved closer to the new field house(home of the current soccer fields) as part of the capital campaign going on. The soccer and track facility will be moved to the location of the current football practice fields which are closer to the tennis courts, softball field, baseball field, and basketball arena.
10-17-2013 01:58 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(10-17-2013 01:51 PM)troy4ever Wrote:  I miniature turf field for children inside the stadium? I have to admit...that's unique and kinda cool. Very family friendly.

I believe that turf will also double for players to do drills in.
10-17-2013 01:58 PM
Advertisement

trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
(10-17-2013 01:51 PM)troy4ever Wrote:  A miniature turf field for children inside the stadium? I have to admit...that's unique and kinda cool. Very family friendly.

IIRC they are also building a play-zone for children (might already have one) for kids during the game. One can sign up to be a junior eagle or pay per game and then you have a baby sitting during the game. All we need now is beer sales and people will have no excuse not to show up. 04-cheers

Nice pics, I'm hoping we can have funds ready to expand the home side once the student side is done to match the extended endzones. Just get that all done while they have the equipment here.
10-17-2013 02:15 PM
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
[Image: wxSub4L.jpg]
10-17-2013 02:17 PM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

(10-17-2013 02:17 PM)itsmeagain Wrote:  [Image: wxSub4L.jpg]

^^^ 03-rotfl
10-17-2013 04:14 PM
eagleskins Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
Love the FOC, hate that field for kids. I did hear a rumor that the building is now going to be 65,000 SF.
10-18-2013 05:00 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(10-17-2013 01:58 PM)GATA Wrote:  

Yes it will be. Someone mentioned the team using it for some drills since it will be outside the weight room (I'm not sure if there is any truth to that). Our football practice fields will be moved closer to the new field house(home of the current soccer fields) as part of the capital campaign going on. The soccer and track facility will be moved to the location of the current football practice fields which are closer to the tennis courts, softball field, baseball field, and basketball arena.

Think it was TK in an interview said it would be used for that. Both ways are pretty nice, as a lot of people were upset that the mini football games that used to take place in front of the scoreboard were going away. I think this is a good way to get more people with younger children coming to games since they can drop off their kids in a supervised environment and still watch the game.
10-18-2013 07:04 AM
Advertisement

eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

Imgur links for those of you with firewall issues (like me)

[Image: qfWldTm.png]
[Image: Nrx3Bdv.png]
[Image: FrMrhSD.png]
10-18-2013 07:08 AM
YouCanUseaMint Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Texas State
I hope there are renovations planned for the renovations because that still looks like an FCS stadium... if I'm an FBS team, no way do I want to sign a 1x1 scheduling agreement with Southern
10-18-2013 08:03 AM
swampbear Offline
1st String

Serious question...what will the potential capacity of the stadium be when both sides are double decked? I know that a second upper deck is in the future but you guys have good attendance and support and my take is that it will not be very long before this happens..
10-18-2013 08:03 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(10-18-2013 08:03 AM)swampbear Wrote:  Serious question...what will the potential capacity of the stadium be when both sides are double decked? I know that a second upper deck is in the future but you guys have good attendance and support and my take is that it will not be very long before this happens..

After a quick look at the feasability study, it would be a little over 30k. That's including extending the stands on that side as well, which isn't being done quite yet. That's with a cantilevered deck over the existing pressbox, and the current "mid" deck being built on the north sideline currently. Just a reminder, the design of the deck currently being put in is to be the middle deck to go under another deck cantilevered over the top of it. There's a lot more seats that could be put on that side.

I would hope we'd fully reconfigure the south sideline stands for a new pressbox as well as possibly 3 decks to match the north sideline moving forward.
10-18-2013 08:10 AM
swampbear Offline
1st String

(10-18-2013 08:10 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(10-18-2013 08:03 AM)swampbear Wrote:  Serious question...what will the potential capacity of the stadium be when both sides are double decked? I know that a second upper deck is in the future but you guys have good attendance and support and my take is that it will not be very long before this happens..

After a quick look at the feasability study, it would be a little over 30k. That's including extending the stands on that side as well, which isn't being done quite yet. That's with a cantilevered deck over the existing pressbox, and the current "mid" deck being built on the north sideline currently. Just a reminder, the design of the deck currently being put in is to be the middle deck to go under another deck cantilevered over the top of it. There's a lot more seats that could be put on that side.

I would hope we'd fully reconfigure the south sideline stands for a new pressbox as well as possibly 3 decks to match the north sideline moving forward.

All of you must be really excited....I know that they we're starting to take core samples on the slope of our South end zone on Monday and everyone on our fan board is going wild.....after 35 years finally have a University Administration that gets it...I think that you guys are a fine add to the Belt and I want to offer you my genuine congratulations on your upgrades...
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2013 08:19 AM by swampbear.)
10-18-2013 08:18 AM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(10-18-2013 08:03 AM)YouCanUseaMint Wrote:  I hope there are renovations planned for the renovations because that still looks like an FCS stadium... if I'm an FBS team, no way do I want to sign a 1x1 scheduling agreement with Southern

Yeah its a nice old school looking stadium but doesn't look big. I'm sure it'll look different once done and full.
10-18-2013 08:24 AM
gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga Southern
(10-18-2013 08:03 AM)YouCanUseaMint Wrote:  I hope there are renovations planned for the renovations because that still looks like an FCS stadium... if I'm an FBS team, no way do I want to sign a 1x1 scheduling agreement with Southern

Nothing better than someone crapping on the progress we are excited about.
10-18-2013 08:32 AM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

(10-18-2013 08:24 AM)slycat Wrote:  

Yeah its a nice old school looking stadium but doesn't look big. I'm sure it'll look different once done and full.

Short answer, yes. This is phase 1 or 2 of a 5 phase plan they've drawn up for our athletic expansion.

Our stadium is still only going to "seat" 24,000 people, but that doesn't include the grass seating. Capacity will be about 30,000, but until we come close to filling that up on a weekly basis there is no need for us to have a 30,000+ seating capacity stadium.

Bobcat Stadium is beautiful but you've averaged 19,000 people this season for a 30,000 seat stadium. I'd rather average 19,000 people in a 24,000 seat stadium because it looks much fuller and I think creates a better atmosphere because people aren't so spread out.

To each his own though.
10-18-2013 08:43 AM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(10-18-2013 08:24 AM)slycat Wrote:  

I'll take small and FULL over big and EMPTY every Saturday. Once the current round of renovations are done, we will have 22k seats, plus a little overflow on the hills. That is plenty large enough for the SBC. We could average 25k in attendance before needing any other upgrades. I'm not sure why schools would shy away from a 1x1 when they only get a few thousand tickets anyway. What does it matter how many seats we have? Would Navy, GT, Air Force, or any of the other schools that visit SBC teams really bring that many fans?

Also, Paulson has a deception to it. It's larger than it looks. I think it's the gently sloping seats, and the fact that it's dug into the ground make it look smaller.
10-18-2013 08:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.