Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SIX Bowls-----> EIGHT teams, time for the BEast to expand
WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
SIX Bowls-----> EIGHT teams, time for the BEast to expand
Expansion is inevitable, add ECU right now.

Memphis won't leave their first place every year scenario.

UCF can forget about an invitation, per the WVU AD.

The service academies don't cut it.

Looks very clear from here. Attack the ACC by adding ECU.
They could easily be the best Div1 football program in NC with BEast support.
05-01-2006 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Agreed. They are a safe addition in that they have fan support that travel well. Lets get it done and over with.
05-01-2006 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:UCF can forget about an invitation, per the WVU AD.

-- I heard that rumor myself....did Eddie really say that in public??.....any idea where it got started???

Jackson
05-01-2006 05:15 PM
WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Jackson1011 Wrote:
-- I heard that rumor myself....did Eddie really say that in public??.....any idea where it got started???
Jackson

as long as Ed Pastilong(AD) is at WVU

If a vote is ever taken for UCF to join Big East, Eddie said, "I can assure you that UCF will get no vote from West Virginia."

That is from last week. He wasn't happy with the MAC, Buffalo or UCF about scheduling problems.
05-01-2006 05:18 PM
PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse

adding ECU give you another strong fanbase . They remind me so much of VT in the early 90s. ECU fanbase likes to travel to bowls just like VT/UofL/WVU. ECU could really be the #1 football school in that state
05-01-2006 05:23 PM
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I know the USF fan stance is anti UCF, but what about the AD? I know as fans WVU doesn't want Marshall but the AD supports the Herd. Is there a similar deal with the Bulls?
05-01-2006 05:29 PM
Advertisement

WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I never thought it would be easier to get a bowl game than make the BEast bball tournament. IT has happened.
05-01-2006 05:30 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
Re: Expansion
With 4 straight losing seasons, I just see no way that ECU gets an invite. I find it hard to believe that either Louisville or Syracuse would vote in favor of ECU.

UCF has West Virginia against them, but no one else stands out as opposed. Not sure where they would take their other sports.

Memphis could go to the Missouri Valley, but not sure if there is an interest in FB only to the Big East.

Army and Navy have apparently said No to the Big East, but I haven't seen anything concrete on that.

Temple was voted out 0-4-1, so I doubt they get get back in anytime soon.

Villanova would probably get accepted for Football, but they have no interest in moving to 1-AA.

It seems like there is no perfect candidate. There is not a mutual interest with all available candidates. I think the only way we get a 9th member is through a split.
05-01-2006 05:35 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
Re: UCF
Quote:I know the USF fan stance is anti UCF, but what about the AD? I know as fans WVU doesn't want Marshall but the AD supports the Herd. Is there a similar deal with the Bulls?

Not all USF fans are against UCF. Yah, there is a dislike there, but I think they would add something to the football side of the conference.

Schools that I personally see as good candidates for expansion are UCF, Memphis, and Navy.
05-01-2006 05:38 PM
PusherT Offline
1st String

ECU and Temple are the only schools that will do Football only.

ECU has a stronger fanbase then all the CUSA school, 4 losing season and fanbase is still very strong. They remind me of VT

Temple is well Temple, lets see if they can win some games in the Mac

Villanova would be accepted by SU,Uconn,Pitt, and Rutgers if they decided. I aslo think Notre Dame would like Nova to move up too making 3 d-1a catholic schools.
05-01-2006 05:43 PM
WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Re: UCF
BullsFanatic Wrote:USF Football Schedule - 2006
September 2: McNeese St.
September 9: FIU
September 16: @UCF
September 23: @Kansas
October 14: @UNC

lol, and I thought our OOC schedule sucked....wow

Saturday, Sept. 2 Marshall
Saturday, Sept. 9 Eastern Washington
Thursday, Sept. 14 Maryland
Saturday, Sept. 23 at East Carolina
Saturday, Oct. 7 at Mississippi State
05-01-2006 05:44 PM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Re: Expansion
BullsFanatic Wrote:Memphis could go to the Missouri Valley, but not sure if there is an interest in FB only to the Big East.

I'm not sure either.
05-01-2006 05:50 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Whoever is the best candidate at the time will be chosen, regardless of a personal AD's agenda.

That said, I'm not sure any school would be willing to kill their other sports for a football only invite.
05-01-2006 05:53 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

I think if Memphis got an invite to the Big East they would seriously consider it, and they might jump at the chance to come into a BCS conference. The MVC has no automatic BCS bid and the Big East does. That is a HUGE selling point the no other conference will offer Memphis.
05-01-2006 05:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

bitcruncher Wrote:I think if Memphis got an invite to the Big East they would seriously consider it, and they might jump at the chance to come into a BCS conference. The MVC has no automatic BCS bid and the Big East does. That is a HUGE selling point the no other conference will offer Memphis.

Memphis would seriously consider it, but I'm not positive that they'd take a football only invite. The problem is that basektball is Memphis' money maker and they may or may not be willing to risk that for a football only invite.

It would definitely be a gamble if an all-sports invitiation was guaranteed. We could turn out like Virginia Tech or Temple.
05-01-2006 06:05 PM
tigersharktwo
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Army and Navy have SAID NO TO BE FOOTBALL MEMBERSHIP.
Army and Navy have NOT SAID NO TO BE FOOTBALL ALLIANCE INCLUDING BOWL SHARING.
Villanova said NO to BE football before the acc split.What is happening currently HAS NOT BEEN DETERMINED.
05-01-2006 06:23 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PusherT Offline
1st String

tigersharktwo Wrote:Army and Navy have SAID NO TO BE FOOTBALL MEMBERSHIP.
Army and Navy have NOT SAID NO TO BE FOOTBALL ALLIANCE INCLUDING BOWL SHARING.
Villanova said NO to BE football before the acc split.What is happening currently HAS NOT BEEN DETERMINED.
Tiger what is your opinoin on the Split issue?
05-01-2006 06:27 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I agree, let's bring in ECU now and be done with it.

UCF seems a longshot now. Eddie Pastilong has made it clear that he will not support UCF, and you would think that WVU would be an influential voice on the football side. I could see maybe the rest of the league going against WVU if it were a really strong candidate, but that is clearly not the case with UCF. ECU and/or Memphis are just as strong, if not stronger.

ECU is a perfect fit in every way, especially since Terry HOlland has been brought on board.
05-01-2006 06:35 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

WVU82 Wrote:
Jackson1011 Wrote:
Jackson

as long as Ed Pastilong(AD) is at WVU

If a vote is ever taken for UCF to join Big East, Eddie said, "I can assure you that UCF will get no vote from West Virginia."

That is from last week. He wasn't happy with the MAC, Buffalo or UCF about scheduling problems.

Yup, that was the exact quote.
05-01-2006 06:37 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Problem
The only problem with the WVU AD is, he has no vote.

lmfao

The Presidents vote and trust me, I hardly think a President will care what the AD thinks when it comes to a scheduling issue. Its about money, and that is it. If ECU can bring in more money for the conference than good for ECU. But considering UCF is in the 20th rank TV market compared to ECU's 105th ranked.

I suggest the WVU AD get a clue.
05-01-2006 06:45 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.