Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

App and GSU not looking very good today
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
App and GSU not looking very good today
App. loses again, falling to Citadel 31-28 in OT and Ga. Southern plays terrible in the 2nd half and loses to Samford 44-34.

Not very happy today as a Eagle fan but there is always tomorrow.

Hard to say if this has anything to do with it or not but this season with no postseason to play for certainly has not brought out the best in either of our teams.
10-05-2013 05:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GSUsTALON Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga.Southern
RE: App and GSU not looking very good today
(10-05-2013 05:52 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  App. loses again, falling to Citadel 31-28 in OT and Ga. Southern plays terrible in the 2nd half and loses to Samford 44-34.

03-hissyfit03-puke

That is all!!!
10-05-2013 06:42 PM
Senatobia Offline
2nd String

I Root For: stAte
(10-05-2013 05:52 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  App. loses again, falling to Citadel 31-28 in OT and Ga. Southern plays terrible in the 2nd half and loses to Samford 44-34.

Hard to say if this has anything to do with it or not but this season with no postseason to play for certainly has not brought out the best in either of our teams.

BUT, either one or both would be in contention for championship if you played in the SBC, right?
10-05-2013 07:52 PM
WKUApollo Online

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers

It may be lack of postseason but I doubt the players are lacking in pride. My guess is its two fold. 1. Your twams aren't as good as you hoped. 2. Since you're moving up, you'll get everyone's best game of the the year when they face you.
10-05-2013 08:01 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
i'd just love to know how the fcs teams found the magic potion for defending the option.

all summer i read how nobody in the sunbelt would be able to dee up the option. how you can 'plan' for it but you wouldn't be able to execute!!!

someone on ags is passing around the option elixir.

you sunbelt teams better be payin' attention.
10-05-2013 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Guys, it ain't so easy. I expect next year to be very trying for you guys. Its part of the process.
10-05-2013 08:11 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
It will be difficult. Especially for App. Georgia Southern at least has a favorable league slate next year. App has to go to Troy, ULL, and ASU.
10-05-2013 08:15 PM
EaglesDare Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GSEagles
The Citadel and Wofford run the option. I can't speak for App but GS has lost 12 full-scholarship players to injury for the season. Out best B-back was the 2 and has a broken finger and Samford is no push over. With all that said, we are not playing up to expectations and are having serious problems with pass defense and turnovers. 34 points should have been enough to win. I don't think the lack of a post season is the problem.
10-05-2013 08:35 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
All 3 teams transitioning from FCS to FBS are having subpar seasons. ODU was losing 17-7 to liberty late in the 4th and had a punt return TD and TD Drive to pull out a miracle win. Seems it is hard to get the team focused in a season with no playoffs, conference championship or bowl.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 08:41 PM by GSU Eagles.)
10-05-2013 08:41 PM
BariBlue Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Georgia State
And to think you all gave us hell for losing to Samford. They are not pushovers.
10-05-2013 08:48 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(10-05-2013 08:48 PM)BariBlue Wrote:  And to think you all gave us hell for losing to Samford. They are not pushovers.

They gave Arkansas a good game too.
10-05-2013 08:51 PM
Advertisement

bamaEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
Turnovers and a mediocre defense will lose games. We score 48 if we take care of the ball. Tough loss, tough loss. We are every SOCON team's super bowl and that does not help us out any, but don't worry next year all the SBC teams will be our super bowl 03-wink
10-05-2013 09:03 PM
Eagle's Cliff Offline
1st String

Lots of excuses. Ga Southern is having a problem blocking, tackling, stopping the run, stopping the pass, blocking, pitching, fumbling, staying healthy, and....BLOCKING!

There is also the matter of our opponents wanting it more.

Not sure what App's problem is, but they were ready to fire Jerry Moore in 2004 before he went on to win 3 NC in 05,06,07 and beat Michigan in the Big House.

We'll just have to wait and see next year and the next five years.
10-05-2013 09:18 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

When you give up 34 points in 1 half like we did in the 2nd half today it is obvious our defense played very poorly in the 2nd half. We must have given up 8-10 plays today of 25 yards or more. Very disappointing today.
10-05-2013 09:22 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(10-05-2013 08:06 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  i'd just love to know how the fcs teams found the magic potion for defending the option.

all summer i read how nobody in the sunbelt would be able to dee up the option. how you can 'plan' for it but you wouldn't be able to execute!!!

Personnel issue, not necessarily an option issue.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 09:36 PM by TheEagleWay.)
10-05-2013 09:28 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(10-05-2013 08:06 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  i'd just love to know how the fcs teams found the magic potion for defending the option.

Dahbeed, In all fairness Georgia Southern did rush for 259 yards, the problem is they gave up 495 yards passing. 04-jawdrop
10-05-2013 09:51 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-05-2013 09:51 PM)Franko Wrote:  

Dahbeed, In all fairness Georgia Southern did rush for 259 yards, the problem is they gave up 495 yards passing. 04-jawdrop

You can hear Sun Belt QB's licking their chops from here...

Bad night all around for future SBC schools. Idaho and NMSU gave up about 60 points each to MWC opponents.
10-05-2013 09:56 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

We will have to get alot better at pass defense in the SunBelt or we will get torched alot. I really can't remember a game when we gave up 34 points in a half.
10-05-2013 09:56 PM
GATA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-05-2013 09:56 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  We will have to get alot better at pass defense in the SunBelt or we will get torched alot. I really can't remember a game when we gave up 34 points in a half.

Per radio crew it's the most yards we've given up since 2009(getting taken to the Woodshed in Boone)
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 09:58 PM by GATA.)
10-05-2013 09:57 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

Yes. I had tried to forget about that disaster in Boone during Hatcher's last year. We just quit that game. Today we were in good shape until that interception early in the 3rd quarter. Then the bottom fell out.
10-05-2013 10:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.