Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Just some fact questions about Obamacare ~ not political
Bookmark and Share
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
Just some fact questions about Obamacare ~ not political
I'm not trying to start a political discussion. Just curious about several things, because I am trying to advise a couple family members. They are not ready to apply. It's frustrating that someone cannot see the plans and some of the options without first applying. I am just in search of facts, not opinions of Obamacare. I do understand how it works, basically.

For those who have been able to access the marketplace in Tennessee:

Which insurance companies can you choose from, in Tennessee?

What are the possible deductibles for the various plans, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum? Someone told me there is no lower deductible than $5,000, which I find difficult to believe.

What are the methods of paying premiums that you can choose from?

Have you been able to get through to the marketplaces and negotiate them easily? Again, I'm seeking first-hand info, not rumors, horror stories or smack talk. Thanks!
10-05-2013 12:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
RE: Just some fact questions about Obamacare ~ not political
So, you've come to this board for factual information about a law that was passed by people that haven't read it from other people that haven't read it? And, based on the information you receive here you are going to advise your family members about issues that affect their health and financial well-being? PM me. I want to be sure we're not related.

03-lmfao
10-05-2013 06:02 AM
dfwtxtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
I work for an insurance company, and I still don't understand it. We have set up specific case managers for the people who are purchasing insurance from us using the ACA. I don't think anyone knows exactly what will happen till it takes effect next year. All this exchange stuff, and companies offering different plans has confused me even more. Some of our biggest clients are offering ACA insurance options to their employees; so we may lose more business thanks to the law.
10-05-2013 10:30 PM
Advertisement

Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
It is all very very confusing and frustrating. I still don't understand the upcoming changes and how will they affect me. Even through my employer. All anyone can tell me is read and understand....things are going to be very different. But no specifics.
10-07-2013 12:11 PM
Redbanksdog Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
I'm waiting for the book to come out. Health Care for Dummies. 01-wingedeagle I have no idea.
10-07-2013 03:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.