Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

im sorry but this is a freaking joke
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
im sorry but this is a freaking joke
for the second time michigan has had the biggest drop in the polls despite winning their game that week.

i think the polls system sucks, but the standard has always been if you win...you win. it doesnt matter how bad that win was. we have beaten 4 teams (one of them ranked) and all we have to show for it is being dropped BELOW our preseason ranking

im sorry but is this for real?
09-22-2013 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
RE: im sorry but this is a freaking joke
(09-22-2013 03:17 PM)john01992 Wrote:  for the second time michigan has had the biggest drop in the polls despite winning their game that week.

i think the polls system sucks, but the standard has always been if you win...you win. it doesnt matter how bad that win was. we have beaten 4 teams (one of them ranked) and all we have to show for it is being dropped BELOW our preseason ranking

To be fair, there is more flucation in that early in the year. If Michigan is unbeaten in November it won't matter how any of the wins were.
09-22-2013 03:30 PM
Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville, ACC
Dude, they barely beat two crappy teams...the worse of which at home, and it took a prayer and a miracle for 'em to get the W in the last 5 seconds. They trailed UConn into the 4th and took an interception to pull that one off. Michigan is terrible and has looked terrible beating terrible teams. Yes, I think this is utterly fair.
09-22-2013 03:50 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
John...UMich sux. I'm sorry you got lucky and squeaked by two horrible teams. With all that Rivals/Scout inflated 4/5 star talent Michigan gets they should be beating Akron by 35 pts and UConn by 21 pts.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2013 03:59 PM by TexanMark.)
09-22-2013 03:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
Michigan deserves the drops.
09-22-2013 04:03 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(09-22-2013 03:59 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  John...UMich sux. I'm sorry you got lucky and squeaked by two horrible teams. With all that Rivals/Scout inflated 4/5 star talent Michigan gets they should be beating Akron by 35 pts and UConn by 21 pts.
This...
09-22-2013 04:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville, ACC
Throw Brady Hoke's name on that hot seat list...that guy's a piss poor coach.
09-22-2013 04:05 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
Michigan doesn't deserve to be ranked period. They nearly lost twice to two teams without an FBS win. They are running purely on reputation by the pollsters.
09-22-2013 04:12 PM
NotANewbie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tennesse, NMSU
(09-22-2013 03:17 PM)john01992 Wrote:  for the second time michigan has had the biggest drop in the polls despite winning their game that week.

The reality is that to this point, it is a joke that Michigan is ranked. With their on the field performance so far, if they were not one of the traditional powers, they might be "also receiving votes."

As the season progresses, it will be interesting to see if my father's alma mater can get it together and realize their potential
09-22-2013 04:15 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Michigan is overrated as anybody and it clearly shows in their games. The name on their jersey is the only thing propping them up right now....they don't deserve to be ranked.
09-22-2013 04:38 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
Michigan shouldn't even be ranked.
09-22-2013 05:58 PM
Advertisement

lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
Michigan has looked very average the last two weeks, and their best victory is over an average ND team. GT is better than Michigan.
09-22-2013 06:04 PM
AngryAphid Offline
Arthropod of Truth

I Root For: Braves
Buckeyes have lost points in both polls every week.

It's just how it works.
09-22-2013 06:12 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
NIU lost votes the last couple weeks after wins. Not very convincing wins over mediocre teams, just like with Michigan.

Not surprised at all we dropped in votes, we should be blowing out these teams if we're Top 25. The latest joke is that we only need one more win to stop getting any votes for the Top 25.
09-22-2013 07:13 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Oh nooooooo!!!! Michigan's been Kragthorped!

The Kragthorpe coaching tree is quickly expanding.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2013 07:17 PM by UConn-SMU.)
09-22-2013 07:16 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(09-22-2013 07:13 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  NIU lost votes the last couple weeks after wins. Not very convincing wins over mediocre teams, just like with Michigan.

Not surprised at all we dropped in votes, we should be blowing out these teams if we're Top 25. The latest joke is that we only need one more win to stop getting any votes for the Top 25.

007 two 10 point victories over really bad teams..count your blessings you have any votes. Lucky for you Purdue is waiting. 03-lmfao
09-22-2013 07:18 PM
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
Its unfair alright ... to all of those schools ranked one lower than they should have been. After TSUN came close to losing to a MAC cellar dweller, they should have been dropped from the rankings altogether and left to work their way up if the rest of their season showed a stronger performance than they showed against Akron.
09-22-2013 07:20 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(09-22-2013 07:18 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(09-22-2013 07:13 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  NIU lost votes the last couple weeks after wins. Not very convincing wins over mediocre teams, just like with Michigan.

007 two 10 point victories over really bad teams..count your blessings you have any votes. Lucky for you Purdue is waiting. 03-lmfao

Yea I figure a 3 point win over them will be enough to get rid of those pesky remaining votes.
09-22-2013 07:27 PM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
(09-22-2013 05:58 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  Michigan shouldn't even be ranked.

This
09-22-2013 10:33 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Think of the bright side John, if Michigan continues to slide down some of the other 4 teams you root for will move up.

As for the Wolverines, I think everybody has clearly stated what needs to be said about their performance this year.
09-22-2013 10:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.