Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
UCF vs. USF game on CSTV
USFBullSpit Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
UCF vs. USF game on CSTV
It will be shown on CSTV 9/16; however, it will be a 2:30 game. Can you say hot as h e double hockey sticks.

Early prediction:
USF - 38
UCF - 10
04-02-2006 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights

38-10 means you predict that you're offense will score more than last year while holding UCF's offense to less than last year.

Interesting. While you rock the message boards...I'd love to hear you back that up with some football knowledge. Again, I'm not disputing your prediction, I'd just like to know what your reasons are besides your gut instinct.

Cuban, Cyber...etc - let the man speak.

Thanks in advance :)
04-03-2006 02:34 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Re: UCF vs. USF game on CSTV
USFBullSpit Wrote:It will be shown on CSTV 9/16; however, it will be a 2:30 game. Can you say hot as h e double hockey sticks.

Early prediction:
USF - 38
UCF - 10

If that is the spread you are offering, I will take UCF.
It should be an interesting game with great attendance.
04-03-2006 02:40 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

My prediction right now would be USF 24 UCF 14
Being at home will help UCF but i still dont think their defense will be that good. I saw how in your first Spring Practice your offense had over 450 yds of offense. Your leading RB was like 9 carries for 115 yds and your QB completed 75% with 4 tds and no int.
While im sure your offense has improved is not a good sign for your D that really wasnt able to stop anyone last year
It will be interesting since BOTH squads will be matching their strengths and also their weaknesses.
If thats the cae i always go with the better defense
04-03-2006 03:27 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

Cubanbull Wrote:My prediction right now would be USF 24 UCF 14
Being at home will help UCF but i still dont think their defense will be that good. I saw how in your first Spring Practice your offense had over 450 yds of offense. Your leading RB was like 9 carries for 115 yds and your QB completed 75% with 4 tds and no int.
While im sure your offense has improved is not a good sign for your D that really wasnt able to stop anyone last year
It will be interesting since BOTH squads will be matching their strengths and also their weaknesses.
If thats the cae i always go with the better defense

My prediction is 28 UCF 14 USF. Our offense is going to be very very strong. Our QB completed like 60% of his passes all last season and I expect him to get much better next year under O'leary and Godsey. Our running backs are very strong too, and Kevin smith having 9 carries for 115 yds does not suprise me. The D is the big question mark. Our Secondary will be very good, but the linebackers and d-line are a big question mark. UCF gets home field advantage this time which is huge. UCF only lost one game at home last year (against tulsa the c-usa champs). USF is much worse on the road than at home. Add the loss of Andre Hall and UCF looks to be in good position. We played terrible at USF last year, the only game we may have played worse in was the game against USM. If thats the only game you saw UCF play last year then you have no clue what our team is like. We just imploded at USF and Andre hall beat us pretty much single-handedly. It should be a great game though as both teams match up very well against one another.
04-03-2006 03:34 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I actually saw quite a few of your games last year and your defense was not very good throught the season. Turnovers gave you quite a few wins that you wouldnt have had.
we will see what happens but i dont see UCF scoring 28 points on USF's defense
04-03-2006 04:02 PM
Advertisement

st932253 Offline
Heisman

Still waiting for BullSplit's analysis.
04-03-2006 05:12 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

Ought to be an interesting game.
04-03-2006 07:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
USFBullSpit Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Da Bulls offense (as horrid it was even with Hall last season) and a stout defense manged to put up 31 on the Knights last year. Da Bulls defense is even better this season and I strongly believe (although there have been many problems spring practice with the offense) that the offense will be improved over last season. UCF did not impress me with their defense and their offense at times clicked and at other times looked lack-luster. Other factors: the week before USF plays the Knights, da Bulls have an easy game against FIU. UCF has to play a tough and physical team in Florida. Add the fact that our players will be fresh, pumped, and hot as h e double hockey sticks on laying the smack down, I say the results will be similar to last season. Cancel out the home field advantage, expect 20,000 or more USF fans at that game. UCF will have about 30,000 or so, so there really will not be a home field advantage.
04-03-2006 10:57 PM
st932253 Offline
Heisman

Thank you for responding. You definitely answered my question.
04-03-2006 11:06 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

USFBullSpit Wrote:Da Bulls offense (as horrid it was even with Hall last season) and a stout defense manged to put up 31 on the Knights last year. Da Bulls defense is even better this season and I strongly believe (although there have been many problems spring practice with the offense) that the offense will be improved over last season. UCF did not impress me with their defense and their offense at times clicked and at other times looked lack-luster. Other factors: the week before USF plays the Knights, da Bulls have an easy game against FIU. UCF has to play a tough and physical team in Florida. Add the fact that our players will be fresh, pumped, and hot as h e double hockey sticks on laying the smack down, I say the results will be similar to last season. Cancel out the home field advantage, expect 20,000 or more USF fans at that game. UCF will have about 30,000 or so, so there really will not be a home field advantage.

LOL!!

Yea, 30,000. Very intelligent.

And USF will no way bring as many fans as UCF did last year. We controlled an entire parking lot.

UCF 28 USF 20
04-04-2006 12:36 AM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

The Knight Time Wrote:
USFBullSpit Wrote:Cancel out the home field advantage, expect 20,000 or more USF fans at that game. UCF will have about 30,000 or so, so there really will not be a home field advantage.
We controlled an entire parking lot.

At least you guys had that going for you because I don't think you controlled too much once the actual game started! 05-stirthepot
04-04-2006 01:03 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

USFBullSpit Wrote:Da Bulls offense (as horrid it was even with Hall last season) and a stout defense manged to put up 31 on the Knights last year. Da Bulls defense is even better this season and I strongly believe (although there have been many problems spring practice with the offense) that the offense will be improved over last season. UCF did not impress me with their defense and their offense at times clicked and at other times looked lack-luster. Other factors: the week before USF plays the Knights, da Bulls have an easy game against FIU. UCF has to play a tough and physical team in Florida. Add the fact that our players will be fresh, pumped, and hot as h e double hockey sticks on laying the smack down, I say the results will be similar to last season. Cancel out the home field advantage, expect 20,000 or more USF fans at that game. UCF will have about 30,000 or so, so there really will not be a home field advantage.

LOL!!! 20,000??

USF couldn't even bring 1,500 to Miami last year for their first ever BCS Road Game in the State vs the Hurricanes.

Please...if USF brings 7,000-10,000...that will be pretty good...but USF will have a long way to go to reach what UCF brought last year to Tampa....15,000 plus.

KL

PS. If USF fan wants to see USF play a game in Orlando...this will be the year to do it....because all future games (if played) will be held at UCF's new 45,000 seat on-campus Stadium....and USF will be "limited" to around 5,000 tix total.
04-04-2006 06:51 AM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF

I find it funny how people are so willing to jump out with predictions and then feel the need to defend them when we're talking about a game that is more than 5 months away and 3 games into the season for both teams. So much can happen between then and now. Kevin Smith could get injured at Fl*rida. We could be in the middle of changing QB's. Therefore, any prediction is a shot in the dark, and nobody's prediction is any more valid than any other.

As to the discussions about attendance, there's no way USF brings 20,000 to Orlando. For starters, this game has always meant so much more to UCF fans than USF fans, which explains why this was far and away your best attended road game. I would gladly trade a loss to UCF for a win at West Virginia. I would venture to say that most UCF fans would rather beat USF than any C-USA team on their schedule.

Meanwhile, if you guys really want this series to continue, you'd probably better do what you can to make sure this is well attended. The contract ends after this year and attendance is said to be one of the drivers for a possible renewal. Given the way you guys have built this game up while our fans are blase, I won't be stunned if it doesn't get renewed. Unless, of course, Lee Constantine starts abusing his powers again.

Finally, urban myths are fun, aren't they? One UCF fan claims that USF only brought 1500 fans to Miami and suddenly everybody spouts it as fact. As somebody who was there, I can assure you that there were way more than 1500 USF fans. USF occupied more than one section in the open end zone as well as having fans dispersed throughout the stadium. I sat with several UM fans in the torrential downpour in which this game was played and they were pleasantly surprised at how many USF fans were there. I don't expect that to stop you guys from continuing to claim that we had 2000 in Charlotte or 1500 in Miami, though.

By the way, even though both numbers are much lower than reality, they're still both more than UCF brought to their first bowl game, aren't they?

USFFan
04-04-2006 12:45 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

By the way, even though both numbers are much lower than reality, they're still both more than UCF brought to their first bowl game, aren't they?

USFFan[/quote]

That's funny since our first bowl game was in hawaii. The Hawaii bowl was pleased with the number of fans we brought. We would have brought much more than you if we had gotten to play in charlotte. I watched your bowl on tv and the announcers were the ones who said 2,000.
04-04-2006 02:38 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

Jugnaut Wrote:We would have brought much more than you if we had gotten to play in charlotte.

Easy to say when there's no way to prove it. Meanwhile, USF's first game could have been in Moscow and I wouldn't have missed it. If USF's game had been in Hawaii, we would have brought much more (sic) than you. You can't refute that anymore than I can refute what you said about Charlotte.

USFFan
04-04-2006 03:05 PM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

USF will bring maybe 10 to 12 k fans... no way they bring 20k... UCF will have 30 to 35 present... I expect 45k for tha game... I have no pick yet.. though I think it will be much closer than last year... I think both teams score more than 14... and less than 31...We should be 1-1 when we play.. if we dont get banged up in gainsville I think we will be ready to play..
04-04-2006 05:00 PM
Uknight Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Why do brothers argue so much!
UCF and USF are a marriage made in heaven. We are natural rivals and most fans who have at least graduated from USF I'm sure feel UCF is a major rival. It is young rivalry at this point that will only get better. You can't stop what was meant to be. With the rise of the both schools the attendance at games and the rivalry will only get better.

Please don't make UCF have to will it's power for you guys to start playing us on an annual basis in football. And that also includes basketball in the near future.

It's amazing how USF fans talk on these boards about UCF fans wanting this rivarly more than USF fans. I attended the USF/UCF game in Tampa last year I've I never meet so many A-holes in my life. Your students by the hundreds were talking more trash than any school I've visited. Granted, you guys backed it up and beat us but I would say your fans were much more pasionate about beating UCF than UCF was about beating USF. So please stop trying to sell than lemon because I'm not buying it.

The problem with our schools is that we haven't played each other enough so their is lack of respect on both sides. That will change with time.

UCF and USF are meant to be together. Like an old saying, "just let it come natrually".
04-06-2006 01:18 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

Re: Why do brothers argue so much!
Uknight Wrote:UCF and USF are a marriage made in heaven. We are natural rivals and most fans who have at least graduated from USF I'm sure feel UCF is a major rival. It is young rivalry at this point that will only get better. You can't stop what was meant to be. With the rise of the both schools the attendance at games and the rivalry will only get better.

Please don't make UCF have to will it's power for you guys to start playing us on an annual basis in football. And that also includes basketball in the near future.

It's amazing how USF fans talk on these boards about UCF fans wanting this rivarly more than USF fans. I attended the USF/UCF game in Tampa last year I've I never meet so many A-holes in my life. Your students by the hundreds were talking more trash than any school I've visited. Granted, you guys backed it up and beat us but I would say your fans were much more pasionate about beating UCF than UCF was about beating USF. So please stop trying to sell than lemon because I'm not buying it.

The problem with our schools is that we haven't played each other enough so their is lack of respect on both sides. That will change with time.

UCF and USF are meant to be together. Like an old saying, "just let it come natrually".

How can you say in one sentence that we're natural rivals and then say that the problem is that we haven't played each other enough? Practically by definition those two sentences refute one another.

I graduated from USF. I know hundreds of others who have graduated from USF. Very few of those people consider UCF to be a rival of USF.

Time will tell whether future games are scheduled in football or basketball. None of us on these message boards will make that call.

USFFan
04-06-2006 01:27 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Stop talking trash. I was at that game and after parking in the south lot,which was the one were the UCF fans were tailgating. I had to walk with my kids one who is a young girl of 12 while many of your drunk students screamed insulkting remarks about USF. So if you want to talk about A-holes your school had plenty. I also remember the 10 or so UCF students who walked all the way to the North side and found seats behind our band and had USF sucks spell out on their bodies and tried to instigate our fans and students by chanting trash. Of course once the game started and the beat down progress those same A-holes were knowwhere to be found but they trashed the south lot and i can tell you is true becuase we had to wak thru it after the game.
So get off your high holy horse because your fans are not all angels and you have plenty of jerks as fans.
04-06-2006 04:22 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.