Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question-Who will be this seasons FIU in football?
Bookmark and Share
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Question-Who will be this seasons FIU in football?
Thought this would be an interesting question...we know every preseason in the Belt we have teams (FIU) in football last season and basketball (North Texas) who are picked high preseason only to fizzle and collapse when the actual games are played....Who is everyone's so called "FIU" this season in football?

I will start and say I think Monroe will be the FIU this season...On paper they look great but as Browning has proven he is one hit away from completely being knocked out for the season...IMO he takes too many hits and has been hurt just about every season and has had to miss games every season also..I am not wishing injury on anyone, but its seems to me he is very susceptible to injuries and if Monroe loses him they are toast...I know they had a lot of injuries last season but Monroe also got a lot of breaks last season but they limped big time to end season....Their schedule does not do them any favors either both non conf. and in conf....I predict Monroe goes 4 and 8 with the tough schedule they have in front of them this season and will become this years version of FIU....

Your thoughts:
07-29-2013 08:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
RE: Question-Who will be this seasons FIU in football?
Oh this should go well...
07-29-2013 08:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mbrunner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Troy University
(07-29-2013 08:43 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Thought this would be an interesting question...we know every preseason in the Belt we have teams (FIU) in football last season and basketball (North Texas) who are picked high preseason only to fizzle and collapse when the actual games are played....Who is everyone's so called "FIU" this season in football?

I will start and say I think Monroe will be the FIU this season...On paper they look great but as Browning has proven he is one hit away from completely being knocked out for the season...IMO he takes too many hits and has been hurt just about every season and has had to miss games every season also..I am not wishing injury on anyone, but its seems to me he is very susceptible to injuries and if Monroe loses him they are toast...I know they had a lot of injuries last season but Monroe also got a lot of breaks last season but they limped big time to end season....Their schedule does not do them any favors either both non conf. and in conf....I predict Monroe goes 4 and 8 with the tough schedule they have in front of them this season and will become this years version of FIU....

Your thoughts:

No comment! 05-nono
07-29-2013 08:53 AM
Senatobia Offline
2nd String

I Root For: stAte
(07-29-2013 08:43 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Thought this would be an interesting question...we know every preseason in the Belt we have teams (FIU) in football last season and basketball (North Texas) who are picked high preseason only to fizzle and collapse when the actual games are played....Who is everyone's so called "FIU" this season in football?

Your thoughts:

Petrino is completely overhyped and WKU finishes 6 and 6.
07-29-2013 08:56 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times

Your thoughts:

I don't think ANYONE will be this year's FIU. Everyone i the SBC has ?'s going into 2013, but no one should do what they did. Glad they are gone.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 09:07 AM by TroyFootball05.)
07-29-2013 09:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
Well the choices are limited to Louisiana, ULM, ASU, and WKU, right? Those are the only teams expecting to contend for the title.

USA, Texas State, Troy, and Georgia State can't be the FIU of this year as they aren't expected to contend (excepting Troy who has a shot).
07-29-2013 09:21 AM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(07-29-2013 09:07 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

Your thoughts:

I don't think ANYONE will be this year's FIU. Everyone i the SBC has ?'s going into 2013, but no one should do what they did. Glad they are gone.

Maybe not an all out collapse like FIU had...However, every season their are teams especially in the SUn Belt who are ranked high preseason but finish is lower half of the standings post season...
07-29-2013 09:22 AM
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
This is the most competitive season in Sun Belt history, in my opinion. While I feel confident that UL has the best team in the history of the school, I can look at the schedule and see where the Cajuns could have a [regular season] record of anywhere from 12-0 to 4-8, with no game being a major upset. Yes, I EXPECT us to lose to Arkansas and K State, but wins would not be huge surprises in either game. I also EXPECT us to beat Texas State, Troy and USA, but losses in one or more of those would not be huge upsets, either. ASU, WKU and ULM will all be good, but the first two have new coaches, and all three have QB issues [ULM not as much, but Browning HAS been injury prone.].

I am counting Akron, Georgia State and Nicholls as wins.

I believe any fan of any Sun Belt school who thinks rationally could see his own school in much the same light. I expect the conference as a whole will have the best non-conference record in history, testimony to the increased strength of the conference, but I seriously doubt any school will run the table in conference.
07-29-2013 09:26 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I could see stAte taking a nose-dive at Memphis, and having a miserable season. But I just don't think it will happen. This team was built on changes from season to season. They're used to it now.
07-29-2013 05:25 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I expect FIU to be this seasons FIU.
07-29-2013 05:28 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(07-29-2013 05:28 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I expect FIU to be this seasons FIU.

03-lmfao

But it's too hard to say... Heck there could be more than 1 flop for a team. You never know.
07-29-2013 05:58 PM
Advertisement

Chief Yankee Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
I'm going to predict Arkansas State. Not sure why but maybe it's because of a new quarterback and new coaching staff.
07-29-2013 07:02 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(07-29-2013 05:28 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I expect FIU to be this seasons FIU.

You read my mind, chiefy-wiefy!! They outdid their IT hire by hiring a clown as football coach!

HAHA!!!

Z
07-29-2013 07:48 PM
Louisianafanrcajun90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
I would say ULM. Colton Browning can't keep taking a pounding. Also their crazy offense was figured out late last year. A healthy Browning and a few new wrinkles to the offense and they will be battling for the top spot.
07-29-2013 09:18 PM
LouisianaHawkFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM, Tulane
(07-29-2013 09:18 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  I would say ULM. Kolton Browning can't keep taking a pounding. Also their crazy offense was figured out late last year. A healthy Browning and a few new wrinkles to the offense and they will be battling for the top spot.

Fixed it for you...
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 09:35 PM by LouisianaHawkFan.)
07-29-2013 09:34 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(07-29-2013 08:56 AM)Senatobia Wrote:  

Your thoughts:

Petrino is completely overhyped and WKU finishes 6 and 6.

I'm actually thinking its more likely that ULM wins the conference than it has a losing record.
07-29-2013 09:58 PM
Advertisement

Louisianafanrcajun90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
(07-29-2013 09:34 PM)LouisianaHawkFan Wrote:  
(07-29-2013 09:18 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  I would say ULM. Kolton Browning can't keep taking a pounding. Also their crazy offense was figured out late last year. A healthy Browning and a few new wrinkles to the offense and they will be battling for the top spot.

Fixed it for you...

I didn't know he spelt it with a "K". I'm obviously not an ULM fan but I am a Kolton fan. He gives 110% for his team. He's hard not to like. Kind of like your version of Tim Tebow. Good luck finishing second in the Belt this year right behind us and your second bowl birth.
07-29-2013 10:00 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(07-29-2013 09:34 PM)LouisianaHawkFan Wrote:  

Fixed it for you...

ULM@MoanroeHoaxfan, You were exposed during your Weedeater bowl experience. You have plow horses in your secondary. Browning is a great leader but he will get hit unmercifully this year. I wish him the best because he deserves better.

Z
07-29-2013 10:01 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(07-29-2013 07:02 PM)Chief Yankee Wrote:  I'm going to predict Arkansas State. Not sure why but maybe it's because of a new quarterback and new coaching staff.

Haha...that whole new coaching staff idea worked so well last year and the year before.

Maybe after we go 11-1 this year and hire another coach, we can hear the rumor again next year, while our athletic department counts all the money we are making off contract buyouts.
07-29-2013 10:34 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(07-29-2013 10:34 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(07-29-2013 07:02 PM)Chief Yankee Wrote:  I'm going to predict Arkansas State. Not sure why but maybe it's because of a new quarterback and new coaching staff.

Haha...that whole new coaching staff idea worked so well last year and the year before.

Maybe after we go 11-1 this year and hire another coach, we can hear the rumor again next year, while our athletic department counts all the money we are making off contract buyouts.

We're not losing to WKU this year! 05-mafia
07-29-2013 10:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.