Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big Brother
Bookmark and Share
CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
Big Brother
I don't watch this show but the new season (I think) started tonight and TXST co-ed Aaryn Elizabeth was representing. She wore a sequened TXST tee

[Image: 1044397_10151441785140025_1895405207_n.jpg]
06-27-2013 12:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Big Brother
Don't watch this season if you don't want to see someone put your university in a bad light.

I was messing around the internet today and found a few articles about her. Apparently she went on a massive racist/homophobic rant the other day, and is getting a lot of unwanted attention for it.
07-01-2013 02:33 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(07-01-2013 02:33 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Don't watch this season if you don't want to see someone put your university in a bad light.

I was messing around the internet today and found a few articles about her. Apparently she went on a massive racist/homophobic rant the other day, and is getting a lot of unwanted attention for it.

Apparently? Massive racist/homophobic rants defined by whom Chiefans? I would be very careful about labeling people as such when in many cases those that are making those statements are less then tolerant and are often religious bigots.
07-01-2013 03:10 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(07-01-2013 03:10 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 02:33 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Don't watch this season if you don't want to see someone put your university in a bad light.

Apparently? Massive racist/homophobic rants defined by whom Chiefans? I would be very careful about labeling people as such when in many cases those that are making those statements are less then tolerant and are often religious bigots.

Im just relating what the articles are saying. I don't evaluate speech as to whether or not its offensive. I am simply mentioning what a lot of people are saying about her right now (really the entire cast in general as well.)

Big Brother is one of the more complicated reality shows on television because these people are filmed for 24 hours a day live for anyone to see. Whether or not a person gets portrayed in a good light does not depend on what a single person thinks, but rather what the people who actually watch the feeds do. They are the one who published the articles, and like it or not... a lot of people read those articles.

The number one rule of reality television is don't go on the show unless you are prepared for a lot of people making negative comments. Many people have lost their jobs because of that show.
07-01-2013 03:57 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(07-01-2013 03:57 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Im just relating what the articles are saying. I don't evaluate speech as to whether or not its offensive. I am simply mentioning what a lot of people are saying about her right now (really the entire cast in general as well.)

Big Brother is one of the more complicated reality shows on television because these people are filmed for 24 hours a day live for anyone to see. Whether or not a person gets portrayed in a good light does not depend on what a single person thinks, but rather what the people who actually watch the feeds do. They are the one who published the articles, and like it or not... a lot of people read those articles.

The number one rule of reality television is don't go on the show unless you are prepared for a lot of people making negative comments. Many people have lost their jobs because of that show.

I don't watch it; you can witness human behavior both good and bad in daily life. But I have done some searching and have yet to find her alleged racist/homophobic comments. Perhaps she removed them from her facebook or tweeter accounts? As I said, the definition of tolerance often seems to be defined by those that are less tolerant to others views.
07-01-2013 04:11 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(07-01-2013 04:11 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 03:57 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I don't watch it; you can witness human behavior both good and bad in daily life. But I have done some searching and have yet to find her alleged racist/homophobic comments. Perhaps she removed them from her facebook or tweeter accounts? As I said, the definition of tolerance often seems to be defined by those that are less tolerant to others views.

She said it on the show itself. They don't have access to social media I am pretty sure.

Here you go: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/...s-out.html
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 04:16 PM by chiefsfan.)
07-01-2013 04:14 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

Lets be clear...there are others.

A few years ago one of the characters on the show worked with disabled children. Apparently, on the feeds he mentioned once in passing that he worked for "retarded people"

A parent of a child with a disability saw it, got upset and wrote a blog about it. One of those EHollywood type sites picked it up...his boss read the article and fired him the next day. Guy didn't find out about it until the show ended 2 months later because they are not allowed contact with the outside world. Tried to go in to work, and found out that they had already cleaned out his office for him.
07-01-2013 04:20 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(07-01-2013 04:20 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Lets be clear...there are others.

A few years ago one of the characters on the show worked with disabled children. Apparently, on the feeds he mentioned once in passing that he worked for "retarded people"

A parent of a child with a disability saw it, got upset and wrote a blog about it. One of those EHollywood type sites picked it up...his boss read the article and fired him the next day. Guy didn't find out about it until the show ended 2 months later because they are not allowed contact with the outside world. Tried to go in to work, and found out that they had already cleaned out his office for him.

Read it, I guess you can take it many ways and perhaps out of context since this is a liberal Hollywood TV Blog. If anything her comments were inappropriate and stupid at best, but saying "black people stick together" is racist? Showing her blackness? Does she mean using urban language or phrases? What I see more then anything is she is just a mean person. Her coarseness is typical of college age students and how they talk to each other now.

The writer of the blog also shows her ignorant bias by mouthing off that her behavior is typical of Southern whites; I bet she can count the ones see knows on one hand. Which brings me back to my first point, I don't watch the show. The show is consistant with the first episode that I watched, poor behavior motivated by money.
07-01-2013 06:52 PM
chiefsfan Offline

Oh I know they are motivated by money. I used to habitually watch the show every summer. CBS has this ability to stick the largest ego's they can find on the show. I was just alarmed this year because a lot of previous casts at least had a semblance of an idea that they were on TV 24-7. I am not sure these guys can separate the show between some episode of Jersey Shore or something.

CBS did actually release a statement saying that they do not condone the racist comments being made by the contestants this year. I believe this is the third time in 15 seasons that they have had to actually address something like this. That tells me that advertisers are a little worried.
07-03-2013 12:51 AM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
Don't care about her politics... she's good looking.

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers, that's for sure.
07-03-2013 03:07 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(07-03-2013 03:07 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  Don't care about her politics... she's good looking.

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers, that's for sure.

LOL!! No debate on that subject, but I think you would care a little more about what comes out of her mouth if she wears a Texas State t-shirt on national television.
07-03-2013 05:03 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

I guess its worth nothing that she was one of a couple contestants who were fired by their real jobs today for their actions on the show. Welcome to live television kiddos.
07-03-2013 06:26 PM
CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
Yup, here you are representing and you come off as a 19th century Texas redneck.
07-03-2013 09:37 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(07-03-2013 09:37 PM)CatMom Wrote:  Yup, here you are representing and you come off as a HOT 19th century Texas redneck.

FIFY
07-03-2013 10:55 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(07-03-2013 09:37 PM)CatMom Wrote:  Yup, here you are representing and you come off as a 19th century Texas redneck.

My wife's cousin is on the show so we keep up with it and this girl Aaryn Gries is not a redneck but a pure racist and bigot. She thinks people see her that way because she's from Texas, blonde hair and blue eyes. And that's a direct quote. I would be ashamed if she was wear a WKU shirt.

This is just one comment of her's talking about fish in a tank...

"see the black fish, they stay at the bottom, while all the white ones rises over them" "I guess they know to segregate them self"

and that's just one of many

This girl has destroyed her life as far as a career goes. Oh well, at least there's still hope, at least for a sugar daddy, or a rich husband. She should be out soon and well before the start of school. That is if she can go back to school...I doubt it. It's a shame for such a young person to destroy their life like this. I honestly think she's just too dumb to realize what she's saying.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 03:12 AM by WKUYG.)
07-12-2013 03:07 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(07-12-2013 03:07 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 09:37 PM)CatMom Wrote:  Yup, here you are representing and you come off as a 19th century Texas redneck.

My wife's cousin is on the show so we keep up with it and this girl Aaryn Gries is not a redneck but a pure racist and bigot. She thinks people see her that way because she's from Texas, blonde hair and blue eyes. And that's a direct quote. I would be ashamed if she was wear a WKU shirt.

This is just one comment of her's talking about fish in a tank...

"see the black fish, they stay at the bottom, while all the white ones rises over them" "I guess they know to segregate them self"

and that's just one of many

This girl has destroyed her life as far as a career goes. Oh well, at least there's still hope, at least for a sugar daddy, or a rich husband. She should be out soon and well before the start of school. That is if she can go back to school...I doubt it. It's a shame for such a young person to destroy their life like this. I honestly think she's just too dumb to realize what she's saying.

Perhaps the most amusing part of that entire "I am not a racist" rant she went on was that she was doing it while wearing a Texas State shirt.

That poor girl is convinced that America loves her, and feel sorry for her because of the way others treat her. She has no idea what people think of her, and will be in for a big shock when she gets eliminated.
07-12-2013 10:11 AM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
...and most of her problems started after the brilliant surfer dude she was banging go kicked off the show. Good looking girl but if you prize someone being intelligent you may need to put a bag over her head.
07-12-2013 12:56 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(07-12-2013 12:56 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  ...and most of her problems started after the brilliant surfer dude she was banging go kicked off the show. Good looking girl but if you prize someone being intelligent you may need to put a bag over her head.

This is not a very bright group period. Have you seen the pig fan from Conway that they casted?
07-12-2013 02:56 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Yeah....it makes me ill to see him walking around wearing a pig shirt. Unfortunately he may be one of the smartest players this year. Not saying much but still.
07-12-2013 05:28 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
I think Helen is the smartest person on the show and there's no doubt in my mind she's one of the most competitive people on the show.
07-12-2013 06:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.