Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Big Ten overrated
shocknawe Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Bearcats
Big Ten overrated
If Georgetown can beat the suckeyes than all 6 big ten teams will be eliminated before the sweet sixteen. Even if the suckeyes win, it will still be a poor showing by the big ten. They were supposedly the highest rated in the RPI at season end. I ask you, does the poor showing by the big ten shock anyone? If you watched any big ten game all year it was usually 20-12 at half and ended up 45-40 as a final. It was a bunch of mediocre teams who played at times awful basketball.
03-19-2006 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

Davidson was taking to Ohio State before they rallied for the win. Ohio State played NO ONE on the road worth anything except a few Big Ten teams. Their best road win was against a ridiculously overrated Michigan State squad. I was praying UC was given a 10 seed in Dayton against Ohio State in the 2nd round, but I have Georgetown taking them out in my bracket so go Hoyas!!
03-19-2006 11:58 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

Isn't the Big 10 always overrated? 05-stirthepot
03-19-2006 11:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

bitcruncher Wrote:Isn't the Big 10 always overrated? 05-stirthepot

You make a valid point! rotflmao
03-19-2006 12:07 PM
shocknawe Offline
Banned

I have heard some excuses from big ten fans that the big ten suffers because the NCAA games are called tightly and the big ten is a physical conference. That is a BS argument. The Big East is every bit as physical as the big ten. the Big East just has more talent.
03-19-2006 01:21 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

shocknawe Wrote:I have heard some excuses from big ten fans that the big ten suffers because the NCAA games are called tightly and the big ten is a physical conference. That is a BS argument. The Big East is every bit as physical as the big ten. the big ten just has more talent.

If the Big Ten has more talent, then why does the Big East have 2 number 1 seeds and the Big Ten none? That tells me all I need to know about the Big Ten's level of talent in comparison to the Big East.
03-19-2006 01:48 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Exactly guys, all of those excuses are BS. If anything Big East games are called closely. Hopefully the Big East sends 4 teams to the Sweet 16 today. I like West Virginia's chances and Connecticut is rolling against Kentucky right now. Villanova and Arizona will be interesting but I'm rooting like crazy for Georgetown to shutdown the Big Ten for the season and knock them off!
03-19-2006 02:58 PM
Advertisement

LaRue777 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU,ECU,MI

The Big Ten seem to have generated their high rating by having a lot of good but not great teams. The BE has great teams, good teams and relatively poor teams. The ACC seems to be strong at the top but not so hot in the rest of the conference.

I'm not surprised that the Big Ten hasn't done well. Iowa and OSU would have been the only I would have expected in the final 16. Let's hope Georgetown puts the other out. I was hoping for 4 teams from the BE so let's see if we can run the table.
03-19-2006 03:40 PM
shocknawe Offline
Banned

bitcruncher Wrote:
shocknawe Wrote:I have heard some excuses from big ten fans that the big ten suffers because the NCAA games are called tightly and the big ten is a physical conference. That is a BS argument. The Big East is every bit as physical as the big ten. the big ten just has more talent.

If the Big Ten has more talent, then why does the Big East have 2 number 1 seeds and the Big Ten none? That tells me all I need to know about the Big Ten's level of talent in comparison to the Big East.
My Bad- I meant the Big East has more talent than the big ten.
03-19-2006 04:08 PM
Advertisement

shocknawe Offline
Banned

Wow, Georgetown absolutely wiped the floor with the suckeyes in an arena that was packed with suckeye fans, see ya Big Ten!
03-19-2006 08:07 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Joke...

Anybody know what a buckeye is?
A worthless nut!
03-19-2006 08:09 PM
SilverSpring_Hoya Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The Big 10's number one ranking in RPI, just shows that the computers don't know crap and the RPI is crap.
03-19-2006 10:55 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.