I Root For: Arkansas State
The death of an internet sensation. The Den moves to take over AstAte Nation
05-01-2013 09:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
RE: The death of an internet sensation. The Den moves to take over AstAte Nation
This belongs on the college blog realignment board. This has been rumored for a long time. Better media deal it sounds like. Bring in another couple blogs and sign a GoR.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 10:23 AM by Miami (Oh) Yeah !.)
05-01-2013 10:22 AM
Complacent Cajun Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: The death of an internet sensation. The Den moves to take over AstAte Nation
(05-01-2013 09:50 AM)stAtecamera13 Wrote:  http://www.arkst.com/time-for-a-new-chapter/

Not sure if you're the owner of arkst.com, but I'm sure it's not easy giving up your baby and migrating elsewhere. FWIW, I'd only visit The Den when I was interested in checking out stAte talk. Best of luck.
05-01-2013 10:24 AM
SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
Good luck at Scout. I liked Scout when USA's board was there. I still have my login, I might have to visit sometime!
05-01-2013 10:27 AM
stAtecamera13 Offline
Beltbbs stAte Football INsider

(05-01-2013 10:24 AM)Complacent Cajun Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 09:50 AM)stAtecamera13 Wrote:  http://www.arkst.com/time-for-a-new-chapter/

Not sure if you're the owner of arkst.com, but I'm sure it's not easy giving up your baby and migrating elsewhere. FWIW, I'd only visit The Den when I was interested in checking out stAte talk. Best of luck.

I am not but he does post on here. The move is going to be good though because of the increased content because of the subscription base. The Den has been a long time even though iv only be a member under a couple different accounts for 3 years.

Im really excited because i have been given the opportunity to produce some video content for the site and i could not be more excited about it. I do however hate that the den is going away. its probably one of if not the most active stand along board for mid major schools.
05-01-2013 10:30 AM
stAtecamera13 Offline
Beltbbs stAte Football INsider

(05-01-2013 10:22 AM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  This belongs on the college blog realignment board. This has been rumored for a long time. Better media deal it sounds like. Bring in another couple blogs and sign a GoR.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=91732&d=1346523125]
05-01-2013 10:33 AM
Advertisement

AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
And in related news, Liberty has petitioned for membership in the newly combined blog.
05-01-2013 10:38 AM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
(05-01-2013 10:38 AM)AstroCajun Wrote:  And in related news, Liberty has petitioned for membership in the newly combined blog.

The JMU blog would be the #1 choice.
05-01-2013 10:40 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
say it ain't so.

what will happen to blackie???

we have a guy trying to make our scout board relevant and has been doing a better job than anyone else that's tried.

i'd love to see hilltopper haven merge with that board.

but i don't see it ever happening.

thanks to arkstfan for all the years he's put into that place and for the times it kept me entertained in a gluttonfest of schaudenfraude when they turned on each other over the latest calamity.
05-01-2013 12:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I'll give it a shot, but I dont know if this will work. When arkstfan started secretly planning for this a while back, he started asking members whether we would be happy paying for content. Many indicated a desire to keep the forum the same as it was.

Part of what made the Den so great was how the place was run. Scout has much tougher rules regarding profanity and trolling. I could see a lot of fans leaving.
05-01-2013 12:52 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(05-01-2013 12:52 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I could see a lot of fans leaving.

They have no where to go.
05-01-2013 01:17 PM
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(05-01-2013 10:30 AM)stAtecamera13 Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 10:24 AM)Complacent Cajun Wrote:  

I am not but he does post on here. The move is going to be good though because of the increased content because of the subscription base. The Den has been a long time even though iv only be a member under a couple different accounts for 3 years.

Im really excited because i have been given the opportunity to produce some video content for the site and i could not be more excited about it. I do however hate that the den is going away. its probably one of if not the most active stand along board for mid major schools.

Don't let Mohajir hear you saying that BS.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 01:27 PM by WinstonTheWolf.)
05-01-2013 01:27 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
My problem with scout is the "secret" board that you pay to view it tends to separate posters into 2 groups and it takes away from both boards.. What it does is to make posters that "pay" not to post on the free board because they are in fear of posting content that is supposedly double secret and only known by the members of the "secret" board. Even when someone get the information from another site...

they still fear they are breaking rules.

I don't mine paying I donate more each money to Hilltopper Haven than a subscription would cost on Scout. I just don't like the exclusion part and to the outsider it looks like you have a dead or dying board. Especially with ArkSt and the actively you all get on your board right now. Hilltopper Haven use to be that way before the problems.

But damn you have some unfriendly people on that board :)
05-01-2013 01:28 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(05-01-2013 10:40 AM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 10:38 AM)AstroCajun Wrote:  And in related news, Liberty has petitioned for membership in the newly combined blog.

The JMU blog would be the #1 choice.

But, after further consideration, they decided to remain hosted by aol.
05-01-2013 01:30 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(05-01-2013 12:52 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I'll give it a shot, but I dont know if this will work. When arkstfan started secretly planning for this a while back, he started asking members whether we would be happy paying for content. Many indicated a desire to keep the forum the same as it was.

Part of what made the Den so great was how the place was run. Scout has much tougher rules regarding profanity and trolling. I could see a lot of fans leaving.

Just as many will re-affiliate - those casual fans who weren't comfortable the constant BS and cliques on the Den.
05-01-2013 01:31 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

(05-01-2013 12:14 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  what will happen to blackie???

Blackie will still be allowed to post. Here's an article he did for TG years ago.

[Image: BlackieArticle.jpg]
05-01-2013 01:36 PM
Advertisement

Buzz Lightyear Lite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TROY
(05-01-2013 01:36 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  

Blackie will still be allowed to post. Here's an article he did for TG years ago.

looks like
Blackie and Mr. Ho from our board would be great friends.
05-01-2013 01:58 PM
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

(05-01-2013 01:17 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  They have no where to go.

Not yet.

I think most are open-minded to the change, but, if the new board proves less fun to some, another option will probably be created.
05-01-2013 02:05 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

(05-01-2013 02:05 PM)asuwon Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 01:17 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  They have no where to go.

Not yet.

I think most are open-minded to the change, but, if the new board proves less fun to some, another option will probably be created.

Those guys have just mastered the quote feature.....are you sure they're up to it?
05-01-2013 02:21 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(05-01-2013 01:58 PM)Buzz Lightyear Lite Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 01:36 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  

looks like
Blackie and Mr. Ho from our board would be great friends.

blackie would stomp a mudhole into mr. ho.

he's the baddest dude i've run across on the internets and that's saying something.
05-01-2013 02:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.