Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Expansion is Dead - Self Help Tips for the recovering Expansion Junkie (link)
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Expansion is Dead - Self Help Tips for the recovering Expansion Junkie (link)
The Expansion Dealer
The Expansion Dealer provided non-stop rumors about expansion to a ready and willing audience that peaked around the Summer of 2012 and still had sizable market through yesterday.
Tip – Find new sources. You know whose sources are good? @DavidGlennShow - They broke the ACC GOR of story. Your sources stink. You missed on pretty much everything, and exaggerated what might be true based on your “proclaimed” sources. You aren’t going to find many new buyers without some new product. That is if your credibility isn’t totally shot.

The Hopeless Expansion Junkie
The Hopeless junkie just won’t stop believing that realignment has basically ended even after Monday’s news. At this moment they are still inventing stories that will lead to demise of any number of conferences, while their conference prospers to untold riches.
Tip – Sadly there’s nothing I can recommend for these poor souls. They may want to start something akin to the Flat Earth Society . As the saying goes – ” I want to believe”

The Accept it but need the Expansion Fix Junkie
These folks I can help. You know the power conference moves are over, but you need an expansion fix.
Tip – Channel your energies to a discussion how the 5 power conference may break away from the NCAA. That’s the biggest thing going right now. Also you can look into the movements happening at the Sun Belt and Atlantic 10 level. I’m sure something is going on there.

The Fantasyland Expansion Junkie
Most junkies stayed in real world. Reasonable arguments could be made for most any scenario, but there were some complete fantasy scenarios that a few folks couldn’t get enough of. During expansionpalooza of the 2012 summer, they discussed such stories being rumored as the Pac 12 inviting teams from the East and the Big East absorbing the ACC.
Tip – A Fantasyland Expansion junkie hasn’t been spotted for sometime. They morphed into the Hopeless Expansion Junkie.

The my team wants out of said conference Expansion Junkie
The junkies were driven by one thing -> Get my team out this &$@*)$ conference. Some reasons were legitimate, many were laughable, but these folks they wanted out and hung on expansion news daily.
Tip 1 – Let it go…
Tip 2 – Beat the other teams in said conference athletically at everything.
Tip 3 – If you are a Connecticut or Cincinnati fan, you are allowed to keep reading and hoping. Find your nearest Big 12 friend and beg them for an invite. If you know someone at Notre Dame plead with them to join the ACC one day, so one more spot opens up. Seriously these two schools deserve better.

The Closet Expansion Junkie
This might have been have been a neighbor, maybe a parent or a relative. Seemingly they showed no outward signs of expansion addiction. They read they followed and they had alot of opinions about it, but they mostly kept quiet.
Tip – I put myself in this category unfortunately. I refrained from blogging or tweeting much on expansion, but I kept up with most of the stories. We’re not addicted. We have it under control. Oh crap I’m in the denial phase… If you can make it until the first college football previews come out you’ll be fine. I’ll try to write some preview posts its therapeutic for me.

The mathematically impaired Expansion Junkie.
These people spewed projected dollar figures non stop that at best were suspect and at worst completely wrong.
Tip – I recommend a remedial math course. I remember once reading that some conferences were going to earn in excess of $60 Million in television rights in a couple of years. Seriously some people were pushing this…

The I’m sick of it Expansion Junkie
You’d read the stories just hoping the nonsense would come to an end. You didn’t care how.
Tip – Your day has arrived.

Self Help Tips
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2017 06:29 PM by CardinalJim.)
04-30-2013 03:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

giesing Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: a 16 playoff
RE: Expansion is Dead - Self Help Tips for the recovering Expansion Junkie (link)
(04-30-2013 03:10 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  The Expansion Dealer
The Expansion Dealer provided non-stop rumors about expansion to a ready and willing audience that peaked around the Summer of 2012 and still had sizable market through yesterday.
Tip – Find new sources. You know whose sources are good? @DavidGlennShow - They broke the ACC GOR of story. Your sources stink. You missed on pretty much everything, and exaggerated what might be true based on your “proclaimed” sources. You aren’t going to find many new buyers without some new product. That is if your credibility isn’t totally shot.

The Hopeless Expansion Junkie
The Hopeless junkie just won’t stop believing that realignment has basically ended even after Monday’s news. At this moment they are still inventing stories that will lead to demise of any number of conferences, while their conference prospers to untold riches.
Tip – Sadly there’s nothing I can recommend for these poor souls. They may want to start something akin to the Flat Earth Society . As the saying goes – ” I want to believe”

The Accept it but need the Expansion Fix Junkie
These folks I can help. You know the power conference moves are over, but you need an expansion fix.
Tip – Channel your energies to a discussion how the 5 power conference may break away from the NCAA. That’s the biggest thing going right now. Also you can look into the movements happening at the Sun Belt and Atlantic 10 level. I’m sure something is going on there.

The Fantasyland Expansion Junkie
Most junkies stayed in real world. Reasonable arguments could be made for most any scenario, but there were some complete fantasy scenarios that a few folks couldn’t get enough of. During expansionpalooza of the 2012 summer, they discussed such stories being rumored as the Pac 12 inviting teams from the East and the Big East absorbing the ACC.
Tip – A Fantasyland Expansion junkie hasn’t been spotted for sometime. They morphed into the Hopeless Expansion Junkie.

The my team wants out of said conference Expansion Junkie
The junkies were driven by one thing -> Get my team out this &$@*)$ conference. Some reasons were legitimate, many were laughable, but these folks they wanted out and hung on expansion news daily.
Tip 1 – Let it go…
Tip 2 – Beat the other teams in said conference athletically at everything.
Tip 3 – If you are a Connecticut or Cincinnati fan, you are allowed to keep reading and hoping. Find your nearest Big 12 friend and beg them for an invite. If you know someone at Notre Dame plead with them to join the ACC one day, so one more spot opens up. Seriously these two schools deserve better.

The Closet Expansion Junkie
This might have been have been a neighbor, maybe a parent or a relative. Seemingly they showed no outward signs of expansion addiction. They read they followed and they had alot of opinions about it, but they mostly kept quiet.
Tip – I put myself in this category unfortunately. I refrained from blogging or tweeting much on expansion, but I kept up with most of the stories. We’re not addicted. We have it under control. Oh crap I’m in the denial phase… If you can make it until the first college football previews come out you’ll be fine. I’ll try to write some preview posts its therapeutic for me.

The mathematically impaired Expansion Junkie.
These people spewed projected dollar figures non stop that at best were suspect and at worst completely wrong.
Tip – I recommend a remedial math course. I remember once reading that some conferences were going to earn in excess of $60 Million in television rights in a couple of years. Seriously some people were pushing this…

The I’m sick of it Expansion Junkie
You’d read the stories just hoping the nonsense would come to an end. You didn’t care how.
Tip – Your day has arrived.

Self Help Tips
funny:-)
btw: expansion trolling / rumors not dead yet
http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?s=37d8...opic=47551
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 05:42 AM by giesing.)
04-30-2013 05:40 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Expansion is Dead - Self Help Tips for the recovering Expansion Junkie (link)
CardinalJim great post...as I was reading it I was putting various Internet Posters in various categories. Still too many "The Hopeless Expansion Junkie" types are around.
04-30-2013 08:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-30-2013 08:16 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  CardinalJim great post...as I was reading it I was putting various Internet Posters in various categories. Still too many "The Hopeless Expansion Junkie" types are around.

Well if you want your fix, you will just have to start following the basketball conferences. It all rolls downhill and its really starting to hit the non-fb leagues.
04-30-2013 08:28 AM
JunkYardCard Offline
1st String

I'm just glad I got the correct dosage of the expansion methadone treatment and am now recovering. Thank you ACC.
04-30-2013 08:38 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(04-30-2013 08:38 AM)JunkYardCard Wrote:  I'm just glad I got the correct dosage of the expansion methadone treatment and am now recovering. Thank you ACC.

It is so nice to get back to the games and matchup...also much more enjoyable to look @ recruiting, planning trips to Tobacco Road for Football Games and another "excuse" to hit the ATL...the expansion angst is over for Louisville...now we know how Pitt, Syracuse & WVU felt in 2011...COGS
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 10:30 AM by Maize.)
04-30-2013 09:57 AM
Advertisement

kobe Offline
Banned

I Root For: UofL/Miami (OH)
I am in "The my team wants out of said conference Expansion Junkie"
Tip 1-Let it go… Done
Tip 2- Beat the other teams in said conference athletically at everything. Done
Tip 3 – If you are a Connecticut or Cincinnati fan, you are allowed to keep reading and hoping. Find your nearest Big 12 friend and beg them for an invite. If you know someone at Notre Dame plead with them to join the ACC one day, so one more spot opens up. Seriously these two schools deserve better. Well, I guess there is still hope? I'm kind of okay with the American at this point.
04-30-2013 10:07 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I've been part of the sick of it crowd from the get go, which is why the original Big East expansion board was created. They did it to stop me from complaining about all the expansion threads in The BEast forum. When it became a bigger interest, the expansion board was moved to the Lounge and renamed Conference Realignment...

For my sins, they eventually made me a mod here when it was moved out from under Big East control. Ain't that some 01-rivals?
04-30-2013 10:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
Re: RE: Expansion is Dead - Self Help Tips for the recovering Expansion Junkie (link)
(04-30-2013 10:24 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I've been part of the sick of it crowd from the get go, which is why the original Big East expansion board was created. They did it to stop me from complaining about all the expansion threads in The BEast forum. When it became a bigger interest, the expansion board was moved to the Lounge and renamed Conference Realignment...

For my sins, they eventually made me a mod here when it was moved out from under Big East control. Ain't that some :rivals:?

A textbook example of be careful whay you wish for...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
04-30-2013 11:53 AM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
Man, poor Cincinnati and UConn ... just got to play in The American, see if they can grab the G5 spot into a big bowl now and then, and hopefully beat the Major Conference team they are set up against, and wait for the Big12 GOR to ripen.

But further down, consider all of the FCS schools that saw the quality of competition in their subdivision destroyed by programs chasing the fool's gold of Mid-Major FBS football, and now the spots to move up look like they are drying up, quite possible down to one or two more for the balance of the decade.
04-30-2013 11:54 AM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(04-30-2013 08:38 AM)JunkYardCard Wrote:  I'm just glad I got the correct dosage of the expansion methadone treatment and am now recovering. Thank you ACC.

Not that lucky here. I am failing realignment rehab... 01-france
04-30-2013 12:17 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(04-30-2013 11:53 AM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 10:24 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I've been part of the sick of it crowd from the get go, which is why the original Big East expansion board was created. They did it to stop me from complaining about all the expansion threads in The BEast forum. When it became a bigger interest, the expansion board was moved to the Lounge and renamed Conference Realignment...

For my sins, they eventually made me a mod here when it was moved out from under Big East control. Ain't that some 01-rivals?
A textbook example of be careful whay you wish for...
Pretty much... 03-banghead
04-30-2013 01:36 PM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Well, according to the texas site, if it only takes 6 votes to dissolve the big 12, than that could open up things again.

pac 10- texas, texas tech, ou, ok state
big 10- ku
acc or sec- wvu

6 votes = majority

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/decode/8/1/X/276

big 12 inc in Del
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 02:00 PM by bluesox.)
04-30-2013 01:50 PM
JunkYardCard Offline
1st String

(04-30-2013 12:17 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  

Not that lucky here. I am failing realignment rehab... 01-france

Mizzou, FSU, USM?? Two out of three ain't bad my man. Lol.
04-30-2013 01:54 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(04-30-2013 01:50 PM)bluesox Wrote:  Well, if it only takes 6 votes to dissolve the big 12, than that could open up things again.

big 10- ku
acc or sec- wvu

6 votes = majority

More likely:

Pac 16: Texas, TTU, OU, OSU
New Big 12: KU, KSU, BU, TCU, ISU, WVU, Houston, UConn, Temple, Cincy, USF and UCF.
04-30-2013 01:56 PM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
need 6 votes + probably LHN to become hamburger.
04-30-2013 01:58 PM
Advertisement

JunkYardCard Offline
1st String

(04-30-2013 01:50 PM)bluesox Wrote:  Well, according to the texas site, if it only takes 6 votes to dissolve the big 12, than that could open up things again.

big 10- ku
acc or sec- wvu

6 votes = majority

After hearing Dodds say there is no way Texas goes into a West Coast time zone, I really think the PAC (and thus the entire concept of four 16-team conferences) is dead as fried chicken.

It could be a bluff, but think of similar examples on pro sports. In the NFL, Dallas loves being in the east and would howl at any change placing them in the central or west zones. The Rams wanted out of the west in the NFL realignment because of the timing. In baseball, the Reds hated being in the west other than the Dodger rivalry.
04-30-2013 02:01 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

(04-30-2013 01:56 PM)orangefan Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 01:50 PM)bluesox Wrote:  Well, if it only takes 6 votes to dissolve the big 12, than that could open up things again.

big 10- ku
acc or sec- wvu

6 votes = majority

More likely:

Pac 16: Texas, TTU, OU, OSU
New Big 12: KU, KSU, BU, TCU, ISU, WVU, Houston, UConn, Temple, Cincy, USF and UCF.
This might stir the pot again, but unless these four Texhoma schools can garner two more votes nothing will happen. WVU and KU will never vote to dissolve unless they have a standing invitation to the SEC, B1G, or ACC. The other four will vote against any Big XII conference death, as they will be in the AAC or the MWC.05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 02:06 PM by USAFMEDIC.)
04-30-2013 02:05 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Love this thread. It's hilarious. Title says expansion is dead and the thread is hijacked by realignment/expansion talk. 02-13-banana
04-30-2013 04:39 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

(04-30-2013 04:39 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  Love this thread. It's hilarious. Title says expansion is dead and the thread is hijacked by realignment/expansion talk. 02-13-banana
Like I said... I failed rehab.
04-30-2013 04:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.