Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Bombing suspect caught
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
OT: Bombing suspect caught
According to media reports....
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 07:46 PM by BullsFanInTX.)
04-19-2013 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: OT: Bombing suspect caught
yeah, live in tv now... I mean it was probably 10m ago or so...
04-19-2013 08:01 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
America!
04-19-2013 08:13 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Mercia!!!!
04-19-2013 08:18 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Now we can pay for his medical care, legal defense, and room & board.

What a country!
04-19-2013 09:28 PM
Comet Offline
All American

I Root For: SMU
Go America!

Go American Athletic Conference! (never waste an opportunity for publicity)
04-19-2013 09:41 PM
Advertisement

NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(04-19-2013 09:28 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Now we can pay for his medical care, legal defense, and room & board.

What a country!

Yeah, all americans have those rights. Are you suggesting we shouldn't?
04-19-2013 09:53 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(04-19-2013 09:53 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(04-19-2013 09:28 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Now we can pay for his medical care, legal defense, and room & board.

What a country!

You've got to be some kind of ******* moron. Nobody has a RIGHT for room and board and they shouldn't have a right to free healthcare. Besides, the situations are completely different.
04-19-2013 10:57 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(04-19-2013 10:57 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  
(04-19-2013 09:53 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  

What a country!

You've got to be some kind of ******* moron. Nobody has a RIGHT for room and board and they shouldn't have a right to free healthcare. Besides, the situations are completely different.

Not to be political but EVERYONE deserves the right to health care. And if you can't pay for it well... that's what us folk who can help, pay taxes for.
04-19-2013 11:06 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

(04-19-2013 11:06 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  [quote='blunderbuss' pid='9251018' dateline='1366430257']
Not to be political but EVERYONE deserves the right to health care. And if you can't pay for it well... that's what us folk who can help, pay taxes for.

No..... they don't DESERVE a damn thing. Trust me when I say the direction the US is moving in regards to healthcare is going to result in a disaster. I've experienced 1st hand how bad so called "free", deserved healthcare really is in practice.

All this "deserve" bull**** is half of what is wrong with the world today.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 11:10 PM by blunderbuss.)
04-19-2013 11:09 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

Must be nice to be born into a reality where you had easy access.
04-19-2013 11:15 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Well, didn't take long for this thread to go full retard.

For those who were following the story, whenever everyone heard the 20-30 gunshots that led everyone to 67 Franklin, this is what was happening.

04-19-2013 11:22 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

(04-19-2013 11:15 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Must be nice to be born into a reality where you had easy access.

Actually I was born into a family where neither parent or grandparent or great-grandparent, etc went to college. Both parents grew up dirt poor. My dad practically never had a father: died in a farming accident at a young age. My mom's father died when she was 15 and she had lots of health problems while I was growing up. I also had health issues which put an additional strain on my dad (essentially the sole provider).

What we had going for us in our family is we had one hell of a work ethic and didn't feel we "deserved" **** from anybody. If I (or my dad) didn't earn it we don't want it. I never had much growing up by I appreciated everything we did have. Life was slightly easier for me (mostly b/c I had parents, not money) than my dad but it was because his military service helped him land a decent career. He worked his butt off.

Unfortunately the US (and the world in general) is trending in the opposite direction and some feel that they can create a utopian society.

I feel VERY little sympathy for people who feel they "deserve" more in the United States or Canada. People deserve the right to prove themselves. There are plenty of opportunities around, especially in Canada right now if people are willing to work for it and not expect some ******* politician to swoop in and save the day.

The real problems are in the 3rd world countries. They really don't have a chance because there literally are not any opportunities for someone to rise above their situation.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 11:38 PM by blunderbuss.)
04-19-2013 11:29 PM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
According to liberals everything should be free...just as long as us hard working conservatives pay for it.
04-19-2013 11:37 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

(04-19-2013 11:37 PM)TigerSeth Wrote:  According to liberals everything should be free...just as long as us hard working conservatives pay for it.

Exactly. As long as somebody else is paying for it (or the majority of it) who cares right?
04-19-2013 11:40 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

Yup because poor people who cannot afford healthcare are always lazy. 100% of all jobs offer health care or pay enough to allow you to get your own. And only 'hard working conservatives' pay taxes and support the weak.

The idea that if you work hard enough you can always achieve the basic necessities is truly a false one. Some people are trapped by circumstance. That is reality.
04-19-2013 11:40 PM
Advertisement

JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

But we're breaking forum rules so we should halt this and move it to the spin room or off topic! Sorry for allowing it to devolve. I'm home sick so nothing better to do sadly
04-19-2013 11:42 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

(04-19-2013 11:40 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Yup because poor people who cannot afford healthcare are always lazy. 100% of all jobs offer health care or pay enough to allow you to get your own. And only 'hard working conservatives' pay taxes and support the weak.

Well..... It's a pretty safe bet that the majority of the people on welfare are voting for the Dems.

[Image: maxwell.png]
http://super-economy.blogspot.ca/2012/02...-vote.html

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10...nd-voting/

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/w...ke_up.html

(04-19-2013 11:40 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  The idea that if you work hard enough you can always achieve the basic necessities is truly a false one. Some people are trapped by circumstance. That is reality.

What kind of circumstances would that be? Got knocked up one too many times? Look, I'm all for taking care of the elderly and the people who physically CAN NOT work and take care of themselves. Otherwise, no dice.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 11:54 PM by blunderbuss.)
04-19-2013 11:48 PM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
(04-19-2013 11:40 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Yup because poor people who cannot afford healthcare are always lazy. 100% of all jobs offer health care or pay enough to allow you to get your own. And only 'hard working conservatives' pay taxes and support the weak.

The idea that if you work hard enough you can always achieve the basic necessities is truly a false one. Some people are trapped by circumstance. That is reality.

True...but a lot of people game the system and have an entitlement mentality these days. As someone who busts his ass working swing shift to support myself and my daughter...it frustrates me. I'm through with my political rant. :-)
04-19-2013 11:50 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(04-19-2013 11:48 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  

Well..... It's a pretty safe bet that the majority of the people on welfare are voting for the Dems.

[Image: maxwell.png]
http://super-economy.blogspot.ca/2012/02...-vote.html

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10...nd-voting/

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/w...ke_up.html

(04-19-2013 11:40 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  The idea that if you work hard enough you can always achieve the basic necessities is truly a false one. Some people are trapped by circumstance. That is reality.

What kind of circumstances would that be? Got knocked up one too many times? Look, I'm all for taking care of the elderly and the people who physically CAN NOT work and take care of themselves. Otherwise, no dice.

Its called growing up in the Calliope projects where every person you know is a drug addict or from prison or the public school system is worthless or gun shots are too normal to cause PTSD and the only job you know is working at Popeyes a block from your house and the smartest person you know just moved away.

*insert dismal scenario here*
04-19-2013 11:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.