Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MTSU Fans, couple of questions...
Bookmark and Share
Widespreadpirate Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ECU
MTSU Fans, couple of questions...
Myself and a couple of friends are planning on coming over for the ECU football game and to tour a couple of Civil War battlefields. Looking for advice on where to stay, some good local eateries and any info on tailgating! Thanks in advance!
04-18-2013 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

surlycanon Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
RE: MTSU Fans, couple of questions...
(04-18-2013 07:01 PM)Widespreadpirate Wrote:  Myself and a couple of friends are planning on coming over for the ECU football game and to tour a couple of Civil War battlefields. Looking for advice on where to stay, some good local eateries and any info on tailgating! Thanks in advance!

besides battlefields I would highly recommend visiting the Hermitage home of Andrew Jackson. There aren't any hotels within walking distance of campus really. so I would suggest staying in Murfreesboro out by the interstate. that way you can head up to Nashville for some nightlife if you would like and be home in 30ish minutes. Murfreesboro has some fun bars but the selection is much wider in Nashville.

I havent lived in Murfreesboro for almost 6 years (I'm in Nashville now) so I dont know about newer places, but here is a link from our old Scout Board which we kinda just jumped ship from http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=349&f=4052&t=1246560 this list hasnt been updated lately and like i said noone is there anymore really to answer questions because that board relocated to blueraiderzone.com as a private board. The people there are friendly if you have more questions about newer places.

Here is the Visiting team guide from the athletic department http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/15749

also a tailgating map http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb141...1220465190

I hope this helps some, feel free to ask any questions you have and I will try to answer to my best abilities.
04-18-2013 08:24 PM
Hop45 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Try to get to the Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchburg if you have time. It's about an hour drive from Murfreesboro, but well worth it if you are not pressed for time. Murfreesboro does have the Stones River National Battlefield, so you won't have to go far for that one.
04-19-2013 08:13 AM
RaiderDoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle
Stones River is disappointing.

If' you've got time to kill, swing down 75 to Chattanooga and go see Chickamauga. You can get to Murfreesboro up 24 from Chattanooga and also make the stop at JD in Lynchburg, highly recommended.

JMHO, but as a bedroom community of Nashville, there's really nothing too unique about Murfreesboro. Stay near I-24 and head to Nashville for fun.
04-19-2013 01:16 PM
Widespreadpirate Offline
Water Engineer

We were going to try and see Murfreesboro Battlefield, ride up to Franklin (is it worth going to?) and maybe try to go south and catch Chattanooga and Chickamauga on the way back. I heard a lot of the Murfreesboro battlefield is no longer there and there is not much to see. We probably just want to stay in Murfreesboro where it is convienant in town to hop on the highway and to the stadium. We may go out, but we are two old married farts, so we don't need that much action. Just some good food, good drinks and maybe a few women to look at. LOL!
04-19-2013 02:53 PM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

(04-19-2013 02:53 PM)Widespreadpirate Wrote:  We were going to try and see Murfreesboro Battlefield, ride up to Franklin (is it worth going to?) and maybe try to go south and catch Chattanooga and Chickamauga on the way back. I heard a lot of the Murfreesboro battlefield is no longer there and there is not much to see. We probably just want to stay in Murfreesboro where it is convienant in town to hop on the highway and to the stadium. We may go out, but we are two old married farts, so we don't need that much action. Just some good food, good drinks and maybe a few women to look at. LOL!

Here is some info on what you can see in Franklin. http://www.battleoffranklintrust.org/
04-19-2013 02:56 PM
Advertisement

TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Much of the Battle of Franklin battlefield was lost to commercialization over the years. It was one of the bloodiest battles and most of the fightng occurred on the site of Carter House which is now a museum. There are several sites around town including Carnton Plantation which has a large soldier cemetary on the grounds.
PM me and I'll share more.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 05:20 PM by TG4.)
04-21-2013 07:39 AM
Freshy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Shiloh
04-21-2013 01:57 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(04-19-2013 02:53 PM)Widespreadpirate Wrote:  Just some good food, good drinks and maybe a few women to look at. LOL!

Go to Toot's or the Boulevard. I think either one would fit that exact description. Toot's is a legendary Murfreesboro establishment about 10 mins from campus, and the Boulevard is right across the street from campus. I would recommend Toot's personally.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 02:16 PM by MTowho.)
04-23-2013 02:16 PM
Blueraidersig Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MTSU
As far as tailgating goes you have two main options. There is the Greenland lot which is where you RV's are as well as a more family friendly tailgate. Your second option is in Walnut Grove. This is a treed area on campus where the fraternities, sororities, students, and the younger alumni set up. The grove also has the band and the raider walk. Both spots are fun it just depends what you are looking for.
04-23-2013 02:30 PM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

(04-19-2013 01:16 PM)RaiderDoug Wrote:  Stones River is disappointing.

If' you've got time to kill, swing down 75 to Chattanooga and go see Chickamauga. You can get to Murfreesboro up 24 from Chattanooga and also make the stop at JD in Lynchburg, highly recommended.

JMHO, but as a bedroom community of Nashville, there's really nothing too unique about Murfreesboro. Stay near I-24 and head to Nashville for fun.

What time is the game........and what are some good spots in Nashville for family fun...........thanks:)
04-24-2013 08:52 AM
Advertisement

Widespreadpirate Offline
Water Engineer

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to coming out West and having a good time. Eating, drinking, college football and Civil War Battlefields. Doesn't get any better than that!!02-13-banana
04-24-2013 08:01 PM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(04-24-2013 08:52 AM)r2pirate Wrote:  What time is the game........and what are some good spots in Nashville for family fun...........thanks:)

Don't think the time has been announced. It is homecoming and traditionally that has been around 2:30 but in some recent years we've seen some kickoffs at 3:30 or 6:00 for homecoming.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 08:23 PM by SpaceRaider.)
04-24-2013 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Widespreadpirate Offline
Water Engineer

Anyone heard any possible time for the game with ECU. I was hoping for a night game so we can have most of the day Saturday for Civil War sight seeing.

Thanks!
05-21-2013 02:27 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(05-21-2013 02:27 PM)Widespreadpirate Wrote:  Anyone heard any possible time for the game with ECU. I was hoping for a night game so we can have most of the day Saturday for Civil War sight seeing.

Thanks!

Make sure you hit the Sam Davis Home in Smyrna, as well as Oaklands Mansion in Murfreesboro (both part of the Civil War trail).

Franklin, TN, has quite a few Civil War sites too.

http://www.tnvacation.com/civil-war//trails/
05-21-2013 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RowdyAlumni Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Blue Raiders
(04-23-2013 02:16 PM)MTowho Wrote:  
(04-19-2013 02:53 PM)Widespreadpirate Wrote:  Just some good food, good drinks and maybe a few women to look at. LOL!

Go to Toot's or the Boulevard. I think either one would fit that exact description. Toot's is a legendary Murfreesboro establishment about 10 mins from campus, and the Boulevard is right across the street from campus. I would recommend Toot's personally.

Depending on when you're in town, pretty women can be found at Bar Louie in the Avenue shopping district...

And if you want a good laugh, make sure to stop by clean jims and dirty jims on opposite sides of campus.
05-23-2013 09:17 AM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
(04-21-2013 01:57 PM)Freshy Wrote:  Shiloh

Shiloh is awesome, but it is quite a drive from the Nashville area. It's also out in an area sort of all on its own.
05-23-2013 09:46 AM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
Nashville is one of my favorite towns. Be sure and eat lunch at the "Loveless Cafe" and breakfast at "Noshville". And then, finish your day with dinner at "Kayne Prime" steakhouse, "Virago" (for great sushi) or "Whiskey Kitchen" in the Gulch. Now you're rolling....
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2013 10:54 AM by HogDawg.)
05-24-2013 10:50 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(05-24-2013 10:50 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  Nashville is one of my favorite towns. Be sure and eat lunch at the "Loveless Cafe" and breakfast at "Noshville". And then, finish your day with dinner at "Kayne Prime" steakhouse, "Virago" (for great sushi) or "Whiskey Kitchen" in the Gulch. Now you're rolling....

Good rec's. And, if you are downtown make sure to eat at local favorite San Antonio Taco Company for lunch-- been a favorite of mine for about 30 years now.

http://thesatco.com/
05-24-2013 11:48 AM
surlycanon Offline
2nd String

(05-24-2013 11:48 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(05-24-2013 10:50 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  Nashville is one of my favorite towns. Be sure and eat lunch at the "Loveless Cafe" and breakfast at "Noshville". And then, finish your day with dinner at "Kayne Prime" steakhouse, "Virago" (for great sushi) or "Whiskey Kitchen" in the Gulch. Now you're rolling....

Good rec's. And, if you are downtown make sure to eat at local favorite San Antonio Taco Company for lunch-- been a favorite of mine for about 30 years now.

http://thesatco.com/

I personally am not a fan of SATCO, but many gush over it. 07-coffee3
05-24-2013 03:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.