Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Happy happy joy joy
Bookmark and Share
ASUTodd Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian
Happy happy joy joy
I just can't believe App State has moved up. I am sooooooooooooo happy to be in the Sun Belt. Thanks to all the posters and fans on here for making us welcome.... I was just sitting here and thinking about the 2014 season. I'm not one to wish time away but I just can't wait! Its like waiting on Christmas. We can go 0-13 that year and I'll still be happy to be where we are!
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 08:33 PM by ASUTodd.)
04-02-2013 08:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
RE: Happy happy joy joy
Welcome! We're glad to have you. App State was at the top of pretty much everyone's expansion list. 04-cheers
04-02-2013 08:33 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
0-13.....? Don't jinx us man.
Troy needs some competition in the East.
04-02-2013 08:52 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(04-02-2013 08:52 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  0-13.....? Don't jinx us man.

I have you guys winning between 2-4 league games year 1. Depending on the schedule.
04-02-2013 09:01 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(04-02-2013 09:01 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 08:52 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  0-13.....? Don't jinx us man.

I have you guys winning between 2-4 league games year 1. Depending on the schedule.

So we get the overachievement award if we do better I take it.
04-02-2013 09:16 PM
ASUTodd Offline
Water Engineer

I do think we will win a few....i was just stating that regardless of the outcome Im happy to be moving forward. I think the Sun Belt is getting ready to explode. I know a lot of folks hate seeing people leave and new upstarts come in but I think its what the Sun Belt needed to put some life back in the conference. I look for GREAT things from this conference in the coming years!
04-02-2013 09:17 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

(04-02-2013 09:17 PM)ASUTodd Wrote:  I do think we will win a few....i was just stating that regardless of the outcome Im happy to be moving forward. I think the Sun Belt is getting ready to explode. I know a lot of folks hate seeing people leave and new upstarts come in but I think its what the Sun Belt needed to put some life back in the conference. I look for GREAT things from this conference in the coming years!

Do think that JMU is hopefully coming to the Sun Belt because we and a lesser extent GaSo joined. Just do not think they would have even considered it otherwise.
04-02-2013 09:21 PM
ASUTodd Offline
Water Engineer

If JMU doesnt then their admin has their heads up their butts. Now is the time and I dont think there will be another chance anytime soon.
04-02-2013 09:25 PM
ASUTodd Offline
Water Engineer

And I dont think they would have considered it without us or other fcs teams moving.
04-02-2013 09:26 PM
AppAttack Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
No doubt we'll struggle in year one with a full FBS schedule including a pissed off Michigan. Especially with a brand new first-year starter at QB. Just hope everyone doesn't panic and start saying it was a bad idea to move up. We'll be fine in year 3 or 4.
04-02-2013 09:29 PM
Apptiger Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: App State
(04-02-2013 09:29 PM)AppAttack Wrote:  No doubt we'll struggle in year one with a full FBS schedule including a pissed off Michigan. Especially with a brand new first-year starter at QB. Just hope everyone doesn't panic and start saying it was a bad idea to move up. We'll be fine in year 3 or 4.

Dang, I forgot about pissed off Michigan. 2014 might be a long year. new conference mates out to put us in our place and Michigan will do their best to hang a hundred on us.
Wonder what will happen to our redshirt scheduling. Thinking strong freshmen will have a chance to play right away in 2014.
04-02-2013 09:40 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

We wanted the challenge remember.
04-03-2013 12:19 AM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
(04-03-2013 12:19 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  We wanted the challenge remember.

Excited to continue our rivalry in the Sun Belt! I think your game against Michigan at the start of 2014 makes for a good media story, hopefully it will give you guys and the Sun Belt a lot of attention (especially if you win).

We get to end our 2013 season against the University of Florida. I think having a solid season we can/will look at it as OUR "National Championship" game and hopefully be really hyped up for it (since there is no hope of playoffs). I'm pulling for an upset, though I know its not likely to happen.

I'm friends with a few App State grads, as much as I hate you guys on the field, you're a pretty decent lot.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 02:49 PM by TrueBlueAlum.)
04-03-2013 02:43 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
Looking forward to your EA treatment as well for the college football game! ASU's stadium is gonna look great on there 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 06:10 PM by eh9198.)
04-03-2013 06:10 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(04-03-2013 02:43 PM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 12:19 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  We wanted the challenge remember.

Excited to continue our rivalry in the Sun Belt! I think your game against Michigan at the start of 2014 makes for a good media story, hopefully it will give you guys and the Sun Belt a lot of attention (especially if you win).

We get to end our 2013 season against the University of Florida. I think having a solid season we can/will look at it as OUR "National Championship" game and hopefully be really hyped up for it (since there is no hope of playoffs). I'm pulling for an upset, though I know its not likely to happen.

I'm friends with a few App State grads, as much as I hate you guys on the field, you're a pretty decent lot.

Like the old saying goes, we wash up pretty well. Before we play Michigan in 2014 we play Georgia toward the end of 2013 season, and start at Montana. If we could win all those games, oh well, never mind.
04-03-2013 07:01 PM
fencereagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSo
LIBERTY!

Sorry this Thread doesn't have enough Liberty in it as defined by the new Liberty Evangelical Message Board Defense League (LEMBoDeL) Since I didn't want to see my new conference mates get in trouble I added a little.

Now be careful you don't want LEMBoDeL coming after your nice little thread here.
04-03-2013 08:55 PM
Advertisement

TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
05-nono
(04-03-2013 08:55 PM)fencereagle Wrote:  LIBERTY!

Sorry this Thread doesn't have enough Liberty in it as defined by the new Liberty Evangelical Message Board Defense League (LEMBoDeL) Since I didn't want to see my new conference mates get in trouble I added a little.

Now be careful you don't want LEMBoDeL coming after your nice little thread here.

You only did that to entice them... Come on man. 05-nono
04-03-2013 09:46 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(04-03-2013 08:55 PM)fencereagle Wrote:  LIBERTY!

[Image: tumblr_m8hwwidcSs1r3f9ymo1_250_zpsab5fde5a.gif]You could have gone forever without mentioning that jim jones wanna be place. Thank goodness it was reported today by Benson: "Everyone thinks that Liberty is next in line, but that is Far far far from the case."
04-03-2013 09:58 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Look, I think the Sun Belt will be a solid league once again in 5-7 years. It will take a while for the transition teams to win consistently OOC, y'all will win some league games because you get to beat up on other transitional teams.

The problem is with the mainstays of the Belt, we will take a perception hit again. It will be harder to recruit against programs that departed the Sun Belt for CUSA. So in the new Sun Belt you will more than likely see a step back by stAte, Troy, ULM, and Louisiana. While the transition schools will get a little bump.

The key is to maintain great fans support through the down years. Win against OOC mid-major programs and win in the bowl games.
04-03-2013 10:28 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(04-02-2013 08:30 PM)ASUTodd Wrote:  I just can't believe App State has moved up. I am sooooooooooooo happy to be in the Sun Belt. Thanks to all the posters and fans on here for making us welcome.... I was just sitting here and thinking about the 2014 season. I'm not one to wish time away but I just can't wait! Its like waiting on Christmas. We can go 0-13 that year and I'll still be happy to be where we are!

It will be the little innocuous things that will make you smile in the next year. Being included in some FBS recruiting roundup, being in NCAA CF '15 next year or when your school signs that first future home and home and you realize a real, known FBS school is traveling to Boone. Enjoy it. 04-cheers
04-04-2013 06:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.