Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt TV contract to be renegotiated.
Bookmark and Share
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
Not sure if you guys found some of this info, but here are a few tweets from Karl Benson with Idaho.

Vandal Nation ‏@VandalNation 1h Karl Benson said the Sun Belt's television contract with ESPN will be re-negotiated in the next couple of months.

Vandal Nation ‏@VandalNation 1h Benson bringing up Western Kentucky's situation — "Can they look at Sun Belt and say 'we can get everything we want out of the Sun Belt'"

Vandal Nation ‏@VandalNation 1h Benson said there will be a travel subsidy model developed

I was wondering what strings would be attached. Does the same go for NMSU? Its not hard to fly to El Paso.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 08:17 PM by Burn the Horse.)
03-27-2013 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Re: Sunbelt TV contract to be renegotiated.
Let me hear that from ESPN. I don't believe this source.
03-27-2013 08:07 PM
stAtecamera13 Offline
Beltbbs stAte Football INsider

RE: Sunbelt TV contract to be renegotiated.
(03-27-2013 08:07 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  Let me hear that from ESPN. I don't believe this source.

04-bow
03-27-2013 08:11 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(03-27-2013 08:07 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  Let me hear that from ESPN. I don't believe this source.

You don't believe Karl Benson? He is the one that said it in the conference call with the Univ. of Idaho.

You have increase members and now a CCG to negotiate separate from the TV contract.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 08:15 PM by MWC Tex.)
03-27-2013 08:11 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

Re: RE: Sunbelt TV contract to be renegotiated.
(03-27-2013 08:11 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  

You don't believe Karl Benson?

Not lately.
03-27-2013 08:16 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte

You don't believe Karl Benson? He is the one that said it in the conference call with the Univ. of Idaho.

You have increase members and now a CCG to negotiate separate from the TV contract.

Learn sarcasm.
03-27-2013 08:17 PM
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(03-27-2013 08:17 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  

Learn sarcasm.

Ahhhh....well its been a long day.
03-27-2013 08:18 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: Sun Belt TV contract to be renegotiated.
We will get an extra $200,000 or so to keep the per team the same and then we will have to agree to play the championship on a Thursday or Friday if we play on ESPN which means we give up playing on the last Saturday in November.
03-27-2013 09:07 PM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
(03-27-2013 08:11 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  You don't believe Karl Benson?

... You really just asked that?
03-27-2013 09:43 PM
Cougar King Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
The new Sun Belt contract will be about $30 per team.
03-27-2013 09:47 PM
WinstonApp Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: App State
(03-27-2013 09:47 PM)Cougar King Wrote:  The new Sun Belt contract will be about $30 per team.

Funny, but that's about $30 more than App State and Georgia Southern were getting from the SoCon TV deal.
03-27-2013 09:53 PM
Advertisement

NuMexAg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
(03-27-2013 08:05 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Not sure if you guys found some of this info, but here are a few tweets from Karl Benson with Idaho.

Vandal Nation ‏@VandalNation 1h Karl Benson said the Sun Belt's television contract with ESPN will be re-negotiated in the next couple of months.

It's the addition of the Las Cruces TV market! :)
03-27-2013 09:54 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(03-27-2013 09:47 PM)Cougar King Wrote:  The new Sun Belt contract will be about $30 per team.

Funny ... What exactly was the score the last time we BEAT ya'lls ARSE?
WE OWN HOUSTON !! 05-mafia
03-27-2013 10:05 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(03-27-2013 08:17 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  

Learn sarcasm.

on blazertalk we use blue font to facilitate the sarcasm impaired
03-27-2013 10:06 PM
Bubba Bexley Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ASU
We better hope Mr. Peanut negotiates before the defections occur. If not, the Sun Belt will be looking at playing late Saturday night or early Sunday morning during telecasts sponsored by Jim Walter Homes, with Eb from Green Acres pitching the products during commercial breaks.

Seriously, a championship game is good, but expect only a few weekend and thursday telecasts (home games with BCS opponents) and four or five mid-week conference games. Aggie Vision will ensure at least one SBC game a week on Game Plan. This is assuming only WKU leaves. If Lafayette and/or Ark. State, the value will decrease. If CUSA did the unexpected and poached TSU and Ga. State (i.e., the Belt's largest markets - Austin/San Antonio and Atlanta), the conference may have to pay ESPN to play on TV and sell its own advertising spots.
03-27-2013 10:08 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

(03-27-2013 10:08 PM)Bubba Bexley Wrote:  We better hope Mr. Peanut negotiates before the defections occur. If not, the Sun Belt will be looking at playing late Saturday night or early Sunday morning during telecasts sponsored by Jim Walter Homes, with Eb from Green Acres pitching the products during commercial breaks.

Seriously, a championship game is good, but expect only a few weekend and thursday telecasts (home games with BCS opponents) and four or five mid-week conference games. Aggie Vision will ensure at least one SBC game a week on Game Plan. This is assuming only WKU leaves. If Lafayette and/or Ark. State, the value will decrease. If CUSA did the unexpected and poached TSU and Ga. State (i.e., the Belt's largest markets - Austin/San Antonio and Atlanta), the conference may have to pay ESPN to play on TV and sell its own advertising spots.

id much rather have TSU and GState than ULL and stAte
03-27-2013 10:14 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(03-27-2013 10:08 PM)Bubba Bexley Wrote:  We better hope Mr. Peanut negotiates before the defections occur. If not, the Sun Belt will be looking at playing late Saturday night or early Sunday morning during telecasts sponsored by Jim Walter Homes, with Eb from Green Acres pitching the products during commercial breaks.

TSU is Tx Southern Univ. We're TX ST UNIVERSITY . . . and I doubt that we're going anywhere anytime soon. . . . GO CATS! GO SBC for as long as we're here! 04-rock
03-27-2013 10:15 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

Considering your school changed conferences to get $6 million per year in TV money pardon us if we view your expertise on TV valuation to be suspect.
03-27-2013 10:15 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

(03-27-2013 10:14 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

id much rather have TSU and GState than ULL and stAte

the above is an example of the sarcasm font. you can also portray the level of sarcasm by the shade of blue. the lighter the shade the lighter the sarcasm.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 05:30 AM by bladhmadh.)
03-27-2013 10:17 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

Funny coming from the school that is in a conference that has no name, and no real clue who will be playing in it.
03-27-2013 10:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.