Tulsa officially moves next week?
03-26-2013 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Tulsa officially moves next week?
Tulsa moves to the real C-USA, UAB & USM remain in the left behind league. Not that we didn't know this was gonna happen, but the teams that have moved on are the teams we really couldn't and haven't been recruiting on the same level anyways. Now the teams we usually(sometimes) get recruits over are on par with us, if not ahead of us. Just about everyone else in the league has their own facilities. I think its success with McGee or bust.
03-26-2013 04:53 PM
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
This is too funny. ..Tulsa is leaving CUSA.to join CUSA...too funny. ..what happens when the next school leaves. ..the unknown conference... yes there are schools...that are leaving to go to a conference with no name. ..
03-26-2013 05:05 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
We would leave in a heartbeat to join a conference with UCONN, Cindy, Temple, Navy, and Memphis.
03-26-2013 05:12 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-26-2013 05:12 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  We would leave in a heartbeat to join a conference with UCONN, Cindy, Temple, Navy, and Memphis.

UConn and Cindy is out of there as soon as they can.

What's even funnier is that Memphis fans have always complained about games being on CBSports TV. Their new conference just signed a TV contract to have basketball games shown on.... guess where

cBSports.

It really is CUSA.

As for as UAB, I'm actuall looking forward to playing schools in basketball where the fans actually care about basketball. ODU, WKU, Charlotte are schools where basketball is their front porch and will be for awhile. You could really say that about Memphis, UAB and maybe UTEP in the old version of CUSA
03-26-2013 05:19 PM
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

(03-26-2013 05:12 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  We would leave in a heartbeat to join a conference with UCONN, Cindy, Temple, Navy, and Memphis.

Why divorce your wife.....move out and back in with your old wife and say...look at my new wife.ugh....sir no matter how you dress it that's still the same woman...
03-26-2013 05:44 PM
Advertisement

KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

The entire process has to be an embarrassment to UAB, USM, Rice, and UTEP.
03-26-2013 07:03 PM
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

(03-26-2013 07:03 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  The entire process has to be an embarrassment to UAB, USM, Rice, and UTEP.

KevMo4UAB, why should Rice, UAB, USM or UTEP be embarass. You have to see, that the unknown conference will fold within a few years. I dont see Navy ever joining, Cincy, UCONN and Temple ( because it committed to something different ) are all looking to get out.
You act like something great happened for the defectors, it didn't. they at best made a lateral move and at worst expose themselves to be without or changing conference in a few years...
The defectors just joined themselves, without a name...now thats embarassing...
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013 09:22 PM by Rebounder2u.)
03-26-2013 09:11 PM
WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

Kinda strange to pay an exit fee, entry fee, and give up post-season credits to play the same teams...
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013 09:32 PM by WesternBlazer.)
03-26-2013 09:32 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-26-2013 09:11 PM)rebounder2u Wrote:  
(03-26-2013 07:03 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  The entire process has to be an embarrassment to UAB, USM, Rice, and UTEP.

KevMo4UAB, why should Rice, UAB, USM or UTEP be embarass. You have to see, that the unknown conference will fold within a few years. I dont see Navy ever joining, Cincy, UCONN and Temple ( because it committed to something different ) are all looking to get out.

Memphis is already looking to get out too.
03-26-2013 09:37 PM
tibber Offline
1st String

I Root For:
BlazerTalk Award
Where are they going to go?
03-26-2013 09:41 PM
Advertisement

WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

I think most of the old BE teams are hoping for a SEC/B10/B12 raid of the ACC so they can slide in there...
03-26-2013 09:43 PM
DragonClaw Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB Blazers
Sigh. 03-melodramatic

It all makes me very tired and very sad.

**** you, ESPN, and **** chasing TV dollars. Educational institutions grabbing for money mirages, all to sell advertising, to peddle beer, cars, and Extenze.
03-26-2013 09:48 PM
HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
(03-26-2013 09:41 PM)tibber Wrote:  Where are they going to go?

03-27-2013 12:09 AM
Southside Blazer 82 Offline
Special Teams

Tulsa officially moves next week?
I like the new makeup of C-USA. I'm assuming that the divisions will be:

East: UAB, FAU, FIU, Marshall, ODU, Charlotte, MTSU

West: UTEP, UTSA, North Texas, Rice, WKU, LA Tech, Southern Miss
03-27-2013 03:11 AM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

(03-27-2013 03:11 AM)Southside Blazer 82 Wrote:  I like the new makeup of C-USA. I'm assuming that the divisions will be:

WKU is east of UAB. UAB will be in the west unless we take ArkSt and ULL
03-27-2013 05:03 AM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

Since when does geography matter in sports
03-27-2013 07:23 AM
WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

This is what I think happens:

Once the Maryland issue is ironed out(rumor is $30 million settlement would be acceptable to Maryland and B10 - B10 projects a $40 million per team payout by 2020) and they are free to move to the B10, the B10 takes 1-4 teams from the ACC; the SEC takes 2; and the Big 12 between 2 and 6. With the ACC losing between 6 and all 12 teams they will backfill primarily from the (CFKA)BE which will backfill primarily from CUSA who will backfill from the SunBelt. The SunBelt will survive by calling up FCS teams. The SEC, B10, B12, and Pac12 will then decide the ACC is not worthy to be a Power conference and the Power 5 becomes the Power 4 and the Group of 5 becomes the Group of 6. Notre Dame will get out of its deal with the ACC and strike a similar deal if not join outright with the B10 leading to the B10 perhaps adding another team. The Power 4 will then get their lawyers and lobbyists (further)involved and figure out a way to leave/terminate the NCAA and still keep their tax exempt status. College football, as we know it, will be forever changed with the real amateurism being in the conferences below the Power 4.

Two things could further impact things:
1...the ACC, after being raided and becoming a shell of its former greatness could elect to just cease to exist as a conference rather than be relegated to the lower echelon. If that happens all conferences remain the same as it did before the raid.
2...there is NO way Notre Dame stays with the ACC after a raid. If they actually join the B10, the B10 will have to get another team to even things out and that team, if all current ACC teams are gone, would probably be UConn or Cincy, the easiest teams to poach without restarting the whole realignment thing again(at least as it concerns the Power 4). Otherwise, "Realignment, the Sequel"...
03-27-2013 07:29 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(03-27-2013 05:03 AM)bladhmadh Wrote:  
(03-27-2013 03:11 AM)Southside Blazer 82 Wrote:  I like the new makeup of C-USA. I'm assuming that the divisions will be:

WKU is east of UAB. UAB will be in the west unless we take ArkSt and ULL

And this is my biggest problem with the new C-USA. We are kind of in a strange spot geographically. Just looking at a map, I'm assuming we are closest to Marshall, ODU, Charlotte, MTSU, La Tech, WKU, and Southern Miss. We may get put in a division with half, or less than half of these teams. And I am hoping that our time in the conference already will let us stay east if we want to, and WKU moving west would be a stipulation as part of their joining the league.
03-27-2013 07:33 AM
GreenHornet33 Offline
All American

I Root For: Jackson State Tigers

In all honesty I think the embarrassment falls on the schools that left CUSA for the Big East. The current Big East school started packing up and getting the hell outta dodge as soon as it was announced they were coming. Even Cincy and UConn have come out and said that they don’t want any parts of the schools added or the new conference.
03-27-2013 09:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.