UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Joe Webb's future in Minnesota...
WhoDatBlazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: the playoffs !!
Joe Webb's future in Minnesota...
Vikings keeping Joe to compete for 3rd string QB...

click it:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-position/
03-20-2013 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerGrad88 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Joe Webb's future in Minnesota...
The comments are interesting. Some think he's a bum; some think he can walk on water. 03-lmfao
03-20-2013 05:22 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(03-20-2013 05:22 PM)BlazerGrad88 Wrote:  The comments are interesting. Some think he's a bum; some think he can walk on water. 03-lmfao

It used to be 50/50, but that playoff game really hurt his stock. Now it's about 90/10 against him. I still can't figure that game out, and I'm worried about his career now. I still love the guy to death though.
03-20-2013 05:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
legalblazer Offline
1st String

With about 99% probability that was his chance. It really isn't fair, but that was it.

His primary problem is decision making, and he never really worked that out even at the college level. He would look incredibly brilliant and then do something mind-numbingly wacky. He's not going to be able to improve that unless someone spends an entire season of games on him. Which team is going to do that?

I think he's a great guy and a huge talent. I hate it for him, but getting paid a ton of money to not get hurt and stand on the sidelines isn't the worst job in the world. If he really wants on the field he should start asking to line up as wide receiver.
03-20-2013 05:34 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

1 more season with the Vikes should assure his retirement benefits, n'est pas??
03-20-2013 07:00 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Yep. Of course, the dumb **** Viking fans are too stupid to realize that Ponder's stats against the Packers were not that much different that Joe's.
03-20-2013 07:07 PM
Advertisement

bladhmadh Offline
All American

(03-20-2013 07:00 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  1 more season with the Vikes should assure his retirement benefits, n'est pas??

he was vested after last season. each year gets him an additional $470 a month (i have also seen $425 cited but that might have been the old plan) If he gets cut this year and does not get picked up once he reaches 55 he will receive $1,410 a month
03-20-2013 07:21 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Joe's one of those players that could use some time in a spring dev league if there was one but alas the NFL won't put one out there
03-20-2013 07:28 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

(03-20-2013 07:21 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 07:00 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  1 more season with the Vikes should assure his retirement benefits, n'est pas??

he was vested after last season. each year gets him an additional $470 a month (i have also seen $425 cited but that might have been the old plan) If he gets cut this year and does not get picked up once he reaches 55 he will receive $1,410 a month

Well, hopefully he also is putting a big chunk of his salary into some managed investment accounts for his future as well. $1500/mo 25 year or more from now probably wont be worth much more than a few Big Macs with fries each week .
03-20-2013 07:43 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Unlike someone to be mentioned, he at least will be able to walk 25 years from now.
03-20-2013 07:44 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-20-2013 05:23 PM)thebernreuter Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 05:22 PM)BlazerGrad88 Wrote:  The comments are interesting. Some think he's a bum; some think he can walk on water. 03-lmfao

It used to be 50/50, but that playoff game really hurt his stock. Now it's about 90/10 against him. I still can't figure that game out, and I'm worried about his career now. I still love the guy to death though.

After the first quarter, the Head Coach or the OC decided that they were looking like an idiot for not having run the read option with Joe all season. So someone decided to try and make Joe a pocket passer and show off what he couldn't do. Joe can't throw with Clay Matthews in the backfield.

Hopefully the Viking coaches realized that
03-20-2013 07:57 PM
Advertisement

Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
They don't. I'm sure of it.
03-20-2013 08:35 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Think about all the QB moves the Vikings management have made since signing Favre.

The last 2 years alone they signed McNabb as a free agent & Haselfel (or whatever) last year as a free agent, now Cassels as a free agent this year.

Something ain't right.
03-20-2013 08:37 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Morons. Someone please get Webb out of that cluster :rolltide:
03-21-2013 08:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
(03-20-2013 08:37 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Think about all the QB moves the Vikings management have made since signing Favre.

The last 2 years alone they signed McNabb as a free agent & Haselfel (or whatever) last year as a free agent, now Cassels as a free agent this year.

Something ain't right.

This. Say whatever you want about Joe but the Vikings player management is a disaster. Even getting Favre was a crap shoot. It happened to work out initially but it could have easily been a flop too.

Joe may not be a starting NFL QB but he is a tremendous athlete who could play a real role on a team not managed by retards.
03-21-2013 09:45 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-21-2013 09:45 AM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 08:37 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Think about all the QB moves the Vikings management have made since signing Favre.

Something ain't right.

This. Say whatever you want about Joe but the Vikings player management is a disaster. Even getting Favre was a crap shoot. It happened to work out initially but it could have easily been a flop too.

Joe may not be a starting NFL QB but he is a tremendous athlete who could play a real role on a team not managed by retards.

[Image: hangover-3.jpg]

Its re-Tard.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 09:50 AM by BlazerPhil.)
03-21-2013 09:49 AM
Advertisement

Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
The Vikings need an Ozzie Newsome type GM... The team is cheap... Cheap... Cheap... Yet want to win.... Its like playing against Saks 5th avenue ... with K mart players..
03-21-2013 09:59 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Look at the first round draft picks the last several years.

Harvin is gone, & Peterson is the only proven player left since 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Min...raft_picks

for comparison purposes, the Atlanta Falcons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atl...raft_picks

or better yet, the Packers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gre...raft_picks
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 10:07 AM by the_blazerman.)
03-21-2013 10:03 AM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(03-20-2013 07:28 PM)blazerwkr Wrote:  Joe's one of those players that could use some time in a spring dev league if there was one but alas the NFL won't put one out there

USFL! Maybe he can come play for the Alabama team, wherever it ends up being fielded. Or the CFL.

I would love to see him play other positions too; the thing is, they will have to make up their minds at some point or else he'll end up being this guy that's kinda okay at QB, receiver, running back, tight end, safety, and returning kicks, but not really good at any of them.
03-21-2013 11:00 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

You must have missed the memo about the salary difference.
03-21-2013 11:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.