Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I would like the old Big East to look like this...
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
I would like the old Big East to look like this...
UCF
USF
Uconn
Cincy
Houston
SMU
Tulane
ECU
Memphis
Temple
Tulsa or Umass or ODU or Southern Miss

Navy - FB
VCU - Other sports if available
St Louis - Other Sports if available
George Mason - Other sports if available
03-17-2013 11:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
RE: I would like the old Big East to look like this...
I want Army and Navy
03-17-2013 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
I want 12 schools that play all sports. No more hybrids or agendas that don't support all sports.
03-17-2013 11:30 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-17-2013 11:30 AM)True Bearcat Wrote:  I want 12 schools that play all sports. No more hybrids or agendas that don't support all sports.

Why does it matter if the total package is better? Wouldn't you want 5+ teams in the tourney? The basketball schools couldn't control the league with only 3 teams but enough they get representation.
03-17-2013 11:34 AM
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(03-17-2013 11:30 AM)True Bearcat Wrote:  I want 12 schools that play all sports. No more hybrids or agendas that don't support all sports.

I agree, but with Army and Navy as special exceptions. They bring class, national name recognition and respect.
03-17-2013 11:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
The last several years the BE put 8 -10 teams in the tourney, but still fell apart. The reason why was because of the hybrid. There were too many teams with opposing agendas based on whether they were Olympic sports, football, footballs who acted as basketballs. All hybrid conferences experience the same problem. The reason why the ACC has been able to keep it together to this point is because all teams were in for all sports. Now that that has changed, we will see what happens.
03-17-2013 11:41 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-17-2013 11:41 AM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  The last several years the BE put 8 -10 teams in the tourney, but still fell apart. The reason why was because of the hybrid. There were too many teams with opposing agendas based on whether they were Olympic sports, football, footballs who acted as basketballs. All hybrid conferences experience the same problem. The reason why the ACC has been able to keep it together to this point is because all teams were in for all sports. Now that that has changed, we will see what happens.

It didn't fall apart because of the hybrid league. The c-7 took off because Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, Miami, Va Tech, Boston College, Louisville, and Rutgers. I'm sure they were tired of the round robin league.
03-17-2013 12:07 PM
krux Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville
My preferred "Old" Big East:

North:
Syracuse
Pitt
Rutgers
BC
UConn
ND

South:
Louisville
WVU
Miami
Cincy
VT
USF

03-wink
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 12:16 PM by krux.)
03-17-2013 12:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.