Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

..UCONN to SEC???
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
..UCONN to SEC???
...y'all have probably seen this, but just in case...

...Boneyard - UCONN Conf. Realignment Board

...A pretty wild concept, but... not THAT much... the nnnnBE has much of the same 'footprint' the SEC has... so travel for UCONN wouldn't be too much different... more interesting when the 'crux' of the story notes the SEC may be going after NC, Duke and UVA...UCONN would be a solid 'fourth' for that quartet...

you heard it here first (thought I'd get the jump on blazr...03-lmfao)
03-12-2013 09:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
RE: ..UCONN to SEC???
(03-12-2013 09:26 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  ...y'all have probably seen this, but just in case...

...Boneyard - UCONN Conf. Realignment Board

...A pretty wild concept, but... not THAT much... the nnnnBE has much of the same 'footprint' the SEC has... so travel for UCONN wouldn't be too much different... more interesting when the 'crux' of the story notes the SEC may be going after NC, Duke and UVA...UCONN would be a solid 'fourth' for that quartet...

you heard it here first (thought I'd get the jump on blazr...03-lmfao)

We have jumped the [Image: Great-White-Shark.jpg]
03-12-2013 09:32 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse

03-12-2013 09:37 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns

03-12-2013 09:39 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
So the ACC has passed on them what 3 times? the Big Ten has passed on them twice. But the SEC like stealthy ninjas have been waiting to leap on UCONN just at the right moment. Makes perfect sense, get it done SEC.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 09:44 PM by domer1978.)
03-12-2013 09:43 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
..UCONN to SEC???
Needed a chuckle
03-12-2013 09:48 PM
Advertisement

OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

My favorite post is by ZooCougar.

"I can confirm that there is truth to the fact that this is a rumor."
03-12-2013 09:48 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

SEC Application:
You need five of the six to get an interview.

70k+ seat stadium: Check
Filled 70k+ seat stadium: Check
Football First Fan Base: Check
Beautiful Coeds in Sun Dresses and Sexy Outfits at Games: Check
Right To Work State: Check
Legion of Jort wearing T-Shirt Fans: Check

I think UConn is a shoo-in. I heard it is a done deal.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 09:50 PM by TexanMark.)
03-12-2013 09:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
..UCONN to SEC???
The SEC already has its syndication package available in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut via the MSG Network. Since Rutgers has gone to the B1G and West Virginia to the XII I doubt there's a way to make UConn serviceable. It'd really only be a possibility if the SEC had to go to at least 20:

Pittsburgh, WVU, Rutgers, Connecticut, Maryland
Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina
Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt
LSU, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas A&M, Kentucky
03-12-2013 09:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
somebody has been:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFtLONl4cNc

Of course, I like FSU to the big 10, which isn't much different. Than again, there are lots of midwesterns in FL for the winter + high school talent for the big 10 to pick, pretty much the opposite of southerns in CT and no high school talent to export. However, with uconn in the sec they could basically have civil war reenactments that are popular on the athletic fields with uconn wearing the blue.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 10:12 PM by bluesox.)
03-12-2013 09:57 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
NOW I have heard everything.
03-12-2013 10:07 PM
Advertisement

GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

...at best a sketchy proposition... but, hey, who knows - Boise was fixing to go 'coast-to-coast'... if anything it might 'force the hand' of the B1G, ACC, and/or the BigXII to make moves...

Honestly, if the 'package deal' noted did work out, SEC basketball would get a MUCH needed boost...NC, Duke, UConn, Kentucky...Mizzou and Florida...that's a pretty nice 'top half' (more or less) of a basketball conf.

...as for football, not as much...altho, UConn hasn't been all that bad in its brief history... and it WOULD be interesting to see an SEC power go play on 'frozen tundra' in mid November... 03-pissed
03-12-2013 10:42 PM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
Lets play a game! Find the travel partner for UConn in the SEC! UConn and ____________ to the SEC.
03-12-2013 10:45 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
Yup, nothing says Southern football conference like the Connecticut Huskies. And maybe Princeton can join with them to satisfy our rule that every expansion must include one new team named Tigers
03-12-2013 10:49 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(03-12-2013 10:45 PM)AlaIllTex Wrote:  Lets play a game! Find the travel partner for UConn in the SEC! UConn and ____________ to the SEC.

...hmmm... they could always coordinate flight plans with BC for their jaunts to Ga Tech, Miami, etc... I'm SURE that would work out...01-lauramac2 if I've learned one thing from the Boneyard, UConn and BC don't exchange Christmas cards...03-lmfao
03-12-2013 10:55 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(03-12-2013 10:49 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Yup, nothing says Southern football conference like the Connecticut Huskies. And maybe Princeton can join with them to satisfy our rule that every expansion must include one new team named Tigers

...well, it WOULD bring another breed of Dawg into the conference... but like a poster over there (UP there? 03-lmfao) said, "the SEC will just name us The Connecticut Yankees by default..." 03-drunk
03-12-2013 10:59 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Sie ist missing der point. Der Grosse 10 und der SudOsten gruppen ist alles Amerika getaken. F.S.U. und UConn ist der pincers in! Dieses tag die ACC, in dem morgen der welt. Wir der axis ist! Heil FOX! Heil ESPN! Wir der uberconference gekommen!

Entshuldigen der Germish bitte.

Translation sort of as my German is very rusty. "You are missing the point (that's punkt in German and missing is just an English word). The Big 10 and SEC are taking all of America. F.S.U. and UConn are caught in our jaws or a bug's pincers. Today the ACC, tomorrow the world. We are the Axis. Salute Fox! Salute ESPN! We are the coming of the superconference!

Please excuse the Germish (bad mixing of English and German but I did it so that it might be deciphered I think most of you didn't need the translation). And yes I was purposefully being ridiculous. I am counting on the fact that the rumor is. I want Southeast to mean something.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 11:19 PM by JRsec.)
03-12-2013 11:02 PM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players
Possibly one of the most absurd interwebs rumors I have seen regarding conference realignment. I laughed at first, but then saw that some on that Boneyard site actually was taking it seriously. I can say this confidently, the SEC may take a school that I would prefer they didn't in order to secure North Carolina. But if they invited UConn over any number of schools, like FSU, WVU, Va. Tech, Pitt or 30+ others I could think of, I will personally drive to Birmingham and b!tchslap Slive. 04-rock
03-12-2013 11:05 PM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players
(03-12-2013 11:02 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Sie ist missing der point. Der Grosse 10 und der SudOsten gruppen ist alles Amerika getaken. F.S.U. und UConn ist der pincers in! Dieses tag die ACC, in dem morgen der welt. Wie der axis ist! Heil FOX! Heil ESPN! Wie der uberconference gekommen!

That's easy for you to say.
03-12-2013 11:06 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(03-12-2013 11:06 PM)Zombiewoof Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 11:02 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Sie ist missing der point. Der Grosse 10 und der SudOsten gruppen ist alles Amerika getaken. F.S.U. und UConn ist der pincers in! Dieses tag die ACC, in dem morgen der welt. Wie der axis ist! Heil FOX! Heil ESPN! Wie der uberconference gekommen!

That's easy for you to say.

The German is very rusty. It should be Wir instead of Wie (which actually means how).
03-12-2013 11:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.