Possibilities
Bookmark and Share
CrushMI Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Possibilities
Play-in games:

WKU will be either a play-in or 16 seed
MT could be in play-in for the 11 seed (last 2 at-large teams in)

Is it possible SBC has 2 teams in Dayton? I think WKU will be a 16 seed though. I'm sure MT fans will take anything in the Tournament.

Will be an interesting week for sure...
03-11-2013 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

RE: Possibilities
I am predicting we are 16th seed against Gonzaga in Salt Lake City.....
03-11-2013 09:25 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Our Liberty Flames are locked into Dayton so that means only three other slots. If MTSU make it into the field as an at-large, there is no chance they'll be in the First Four. All those slots are filled by weak conference champs.
03-11-2013 09:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(03-11-2013 09:25 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  Our Liberty Flames are locked into Dayton so that means only three other slots. If MTSU make it into the field as an at-large, there is no chance they'll be in the First Four. All those slots are filled by weak conference champs.

Try again buddy...ITs ok I know you are new to this....First FOur is no more...Its been this now for the 3rd or 4th seasons...its 16th vs. 16th followed by play in game to whatever seed NCAA selection com. deems, repeat this the next night making 8 totals teams in Dayton...
03-11-2013 09:29 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

(03-11-2013 09:25 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  Our Liberty Flames are locked into Dayton so that means only three other slots. If MTSU make it into the field as an at-large, there is no chance they'll be in the First Four. All those slots are filled by weak conference champs.

There are two play in games for the last 4 at large teams as well (this is in addition to the worst 4 auto teams).
03-11-2013 09:31 PM
TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
i think wku ends up as a 15 playing a 2 in Lexington, against, you guessed it, UL. We are not nearly as bad as we were last season, we are a 20 win team.

edited for misrepresentation.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 09:34 PM by TOPPERSonTOP.)
03-11-2013 09:32 PM
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
(03-11-2013 09:32 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  i think wku ends up as a 15 playing a 2 in Lexington, against, you guessed it, UL. We are not nearly as bad as we were last season, we are a 20 win team.

edited for misrepresentation.

They won't do that. They avoid rematches in the first couple rounds. We had Louisville earlier this year.
03-11-2013 09:40 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Our SID tweeted out that top 30 RPI gets in 99.1% of the time.

I think we know where the 0.9% comes from. I don't think we're getting in.
03-11-2013 09:40 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

I would like to see MTSU vs UK in an at large play-in game. Would be great to see UK go down to MTSU.
03-11-2013 09:51 PM
CrushMI Offline
1st String

One Top 100 win is the killer. It is really hard to get Top 100 or 50 wins unless you are in a conference like the A10 is this year with a lot of good teams.

Sometimes the Committee looks at other things besides what the media is saying. Keep your fingers crossed, you never know.
03-11-2013 09:52 PM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
Possibilities
It's disgusting that UK will get in. Absolutely vile.
03-11-2013 09:52 PM
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
(03-11-2013 09:51 PM)freshtop Wrote:  I would like to see MTSU vs UK in an at large play-in game. Would be great to see UK go down to MTSU.

Wouldn't be the first time. 1982.
03-11-2013 10:01 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(03-11-2013 09:52 PM)CrushMI Wrote:  One Top 100 win is the killer. It is really hard to get Top 100 or 50 wins unless you are in a conference like the A10 is this year with a lot of good teams.

Sometimes the Committee looks at other things besides what the media is saying. Keep your fingers crossed, you never know.

The NCAA committee really likes A-10 teams as far as getting in the tournament. Always has. Don't know why. Not that I'm complaining...

The last time a SBC team was seriously considered for an at-large, it was USA, who did get the bid in 2008. But unfortunately for MTSU, although neither our RPI nor our record was as strong as MTSU's, we had 2 'name' wins, which caused all the talking heads to push us as a deserving team.

And unfortunately, NCAA selection committee members read the sports pages and espn.com. The MTSU doesn't have a chance meme can become self fulfilling.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 10:25 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
03-11-2013 10:24 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(03-11-2013 10:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 09:52 PM)CrushMI Wrote:  One Top 100 win is the killer. It is really hard to get Top 100 or 50 wins unless you are in a conference like the A10 is this year with a lot of good teams.

The NCAA committee really likes A-10 teams as far as getting in the tournament. Always has. Don't know why. Not that I'm complaining...

The last time a SBC team was seriously considered for an at-large, it was USA, who did get the bid in 2008. But unfortunately for MTSU, although neither our RPI nor our record was as strong as MTSU's, we had 2 'name' wins, which caused all the talking heads to push us as a deserving team.

And unfortunately, NCAA selection committee members read the sports pages and espn.com. The MTSU doesn't have a chance meme can become self fulfilling.

USA had the following "good" wins in 2007-2008 (RPI given before postseason):

#39 Western Kentucky
#39 @Western Kentucky
#40 Mississippi State
#94 vs San Diego State (neutral)
#107 Southern Miss
#110 MTSU
#146 vs Chattanooga (neutral)

Our losses weren't terrible:
#12 @Vanderbilt by 3 in double overtime
#48 @Ole Miss by 3
#72 vs Miami (OH) by 5 (neutral site)
#110 @MTSU
#110 MTSU in SB Tourney
#142 @North Texas

People keep saying you gotta have like 3 top 100 wins. I hope MTSU can still get in.
03-11-2013 11:11 PM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
(03-11-2013 09:52 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  It's disgusting that UK will get in. Absolutely vile.

With the quality win over FL, UK should get in. It doesn't matter much because UK won't be around long. Not having a true PG has kilted them this year.
03-12-2013 07:54 AM
TeKERaider Offline
1st String

I Root For: MTSU
The talking heads appear to be turning our way. A ton are starting to jump on the band wagon. Twitter was lit up the last two days with people saying we should get in. Dicky V and others are making some noise for us, but unfortunately talking heads don't make the decision.
03-12-2013 08:10 AM
Advertisement

FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(03-12-2013 08:10 AM)TeKERaider Wrote:  The talking heads appear to be turning our way. A ton are starting to jump on the band wagon. Twitter was lit up the last two days with people saying we should get in. Dicky V and others are making some noise for us, but unfortunately talking heads don't make the decision.

I think FIU and WKU put on a pretty competitive show last night on ESPN, that bodes well for MTSU. If WKU would have run FIU out of the gym, it would have been sayonara for MTSU's hopes, imo.

Keeping fingers crossed for MTSU. 04-cheers
03-12-2013 08:29 AM
slappycajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
I think the biggest problem for MT could come from the SEC tournament. I think that league is fairly wide open. And, if somebody other than the four projected in the tourney. Middle is going to get bounced out.

As of right now, neither CBS or ESPN has MT in the tourney. CBS does not even have them among the first four out, which I think is horseshit.
03-12-2013 08:53 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(03-12-2013 08:53 AM)slappycajun Wrote:  I think the biggest problem for MT could come from the SEC tournament. I think that league is fairly wide open. And, if somebody other than the four projected in the tourney. Middle is going to get bounced out.

As of right now, neither CBS or ESPN has MT in the tourney. CBS does not even have them among the first four out, which I think is horseshit.

have to watch CUSA tournament as well, if anyone not named Memphis wins tournament, that will knock out a bubble team....
03-12-2013 08:55 AM
slappycajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
(03-12-2013 08:55 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  have to watch CUSA tournament as well, if anyone not named Memphis wins tournament, that will knock out a bubble team....

Good point. Actually, for MT, I think the prognosis is really bad. One, it will be a long time since they have been on TV when the committee makes their selection. Two, over the next week, undoubtedly someone is going to steal a bid. Three, they are starting off not even in the bracket projections. I'd feel much better if they were fighting to hang on as opposed to trying to sneak back in.

Also, FWIW, CBS has the Toppers playing Michigan State as a 15. I prefer 15 to 16, but I don't prefer playing Izzo in the tourney. He's fairly decent come tournament time. Of course, so is coach Harper.
03-12-2013 09:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.