Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CBSSports.com - Hot Seat Index: Sun Belt Conference
Bookmark and Share
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
03-09-2013 07:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
RE: CBSSports.com - Hot Seat Index: Sun Belt Conference
Maestri has been at Troy since the 1982 season...He wont be fired with the kind of History he has had at Troy. But rumor is he is Retiring and I could see our New AD (who is a basketball guy) push him towards retirment. (he is 66 years of age btw)
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 08:24 AM by Atlanta Trojan.)
03-09-2013 08:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
If ULM fires Keith Richards that would only make things worse for them. My guess is the writer didnt realize the mess that good ole Orlando Early left for him to clean up...
03-09-2013 08:47 AM
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
I feel like Keith will get several years to clean it up and he will.
03-09-2013 08:49 AM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
I am not sure what USA is going to do. If we win the tournament (unlikely but possible), Im guessing Price keeps his job. If not, we have a vacancy and Price gets a pretty good result to put on his resume (14-8 or something like that) as an interim coach.
03-09-2013 12:12 PM
Advertisement

Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
(03-09-2013 08:17 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Maestri has been at Troy since the 1982 season...He wont be fired with the kind of History he has had at Troy. But rumor is he is Retiring and I could see our New AD (who is a basketball guy) push him towards retirment. (he is 66 years of age btw)

That's exactly what's wrong with Troy.

Have a little success and then suck for 30 years and that buys you a life long seat at the university of mediocrity.
03-09-2013 12:18 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(03-09-2013 12:18 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 08:17 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Maestri has been at Troy since the 1982 season...He wont be fired with the kind of History he has had at Troy. But rumor is he is Retiring and I could see our New AD (who is a basketball guy) push him towards retirment. (he is 66 years of age btw)

Have a little success and then suck for 30 years and that buys you a life long seat at the university of mediocrity.

I have to agree with you on this with basketball.

But we will see what the new AD does.
03-09-2013 12:28 PM
Advertisement

Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
(03-09-2013 12:28 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

I have to agree with you on this with basketball.

But we will see what the new AD does.

It just seems like they don't employ anyone with balls enough to fire someone.

Give me the go ahead. Ill fire him today, 30 seconds before the game, and be polite as hell about it.
03-09-2013 12:30 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

Sounds like what happened to ASU athletics in the first half of the last decade when our old AD refused to get rid of Dickey Nutt and Steve Roberts.

It finally took a presdential change in the entire ASU System to really move things, and even then to get rid of the AD it took hiring a new Chancellor who had the gumption to get rid of him.
03-09-2013 01:17 PM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Marlin will have two more years to get things right. He is having a tough time selling his style of play in Lafayette as we are use to run and gun basketball.

Most fans walk away from a game not entertained, we have two stars on the team in Long and Peyton, but we don't see athletes like we had under Evans or Fletcher.

It is hard to change the tradition of Shipley, Pascal, Fletcher and Evans. I mean you are talking about almost 50 years of transition basketball and now Marlin wants to play more of a half court game focused around the three point shot. It is a hard sell and you see that in our pathetic attendance.
03-09-2013 01:45 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
I am curious what the opinion of Kermit Davis is now among MTSU fans. He has put together two seasons, but it follows LOTS of mediocrity. Do you all want to wish Kermit well and hope he gets another job, or are you all interested in keeping him now?
03-09-2013 02:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.